Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Speed of consuming content is easily countered with replayability of that same content. Sadly blizzard decided to go with timegating path, at first glance it increases business revenue due to subs, but eventually lack of replayability will kill the sub rate.
    This is why M+ is so universally praised.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Deleted
    I did all q im exalted with eery faction already only missin turtle ninjas cause of 4 Wq everyday i did every mythic and some m+ im at 344 only thing im bored off is uldir i quit that after Mother cause those mechanics are boring AF... Vizualy beautiful place but naah im bored of 30 people raidin i know that place dont like it anymore m+is more fun atm so i slow down and now im enjoy this game and became completionist i do every old content every q what i find and ready every fukin buble why? Cause now i have child so i want to actualy play the game cause i found child in me

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What happened to enjoying the gameplay?
    Gameplay is the worst it's been in the last years so I really don't know what to enjoy exactly when it comes to that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Blacksmith/miners don't make gold. I'm not swapping professions to exploit the economy because Blizzard keeps fucking over Blacksmithing nor can they balance professions.
    Last I looked crafted weapons were selling for 30,000 - 40,000 gold. They don't cost a fraction of that to craft.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    No I want account-wide reputation and currency. I'm not interested in farming exalted for every single class.
    Then... don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Best case you'll have to run it 12-13 times (afaik jewelry doesn't drop there), it's just 6-7 hours on average to get your toon to almost 340 ilvl
    That's the best case scenario

In reality, you'll get a 345 WF belt from first run and 370 belt from quest
    340 belt on second run
    345 WF belt on third run
    340 hands to replace your 340 hands with
    Then shove the whole warfront down the scrapper and never do it again, because last warfront was dragged to whooping hour long scenario (slight exaggeration), because people are running around grabbing trees and giving up important locations to Alliance just to retake it "for achievement".

Nah, i'll still stick to getting my ass carried in M0+ by guildies for my toons, huge maybe to do warfronts once to get 370ilvl piece, but eventually i'll just stop doing that like i stop doing world bosses

- - - Updated - - -

I find it hilarious that players themselves make content into themeparks via world quest addons then complain that there is too little content, world quests are unrewarding, etc. I mean, if you spent at least more effort than licking addon button two times you would value rewards from WQs more? (and just maybe if those addons wouldn't exist at all people would value WQs rewards more in general)
    Nope, hrm 75 rep, 100g, a bit of 325 gear or some measly amount of AP ... occasionally a weapon thats pretty much all the WQ's offer, the rewards are rubbish, total fucking garbage even the emmisary rewards are rubbish. It really hard to value such quests when the rewards are such garbage, I dont use any WQ addons and I still ignore any and all gold, rep and AP gear quests simply because they are unrewarding quests that are not worth my time or attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Last I looked crafted weapons were selling for 30,000 - 40,000 gold. They don't cost a fraction of that to craft.

Then... don't?
    but the way blizz has it setup you have to go grind that rep on every character you want to play.

It does, which is why it's important to deliver content that scales with the player, and multiple options for the varying skill levels.

There are a tiny handful of people that will consume a new raid in the first few weeks. M+ has no limit at all. Neither does PvP. This is where we spend our time, not on crap like Warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    For me personally I'd like to have old-fashioned gear checks back in raids, with them being tighter for every difficulty. It felt great when your character (and the characters in your party) wasn't powerful enough to beat an encounter, and then getting a few upgrades from the earlier bosses in order to get over that hurdle.

We get way too powerful gear too easy mainly from outside sources and too many of the encounters can just be brute forced through skill. Since it's a RPG your character should have to overcome the obstacle just as much as you the player, if not more.

Horizontal progression inside the raids could possibly be a way to solve this. If I'm being completely unimaginative I'd use resistances as an example. It wouldn't matter how much raw power you had, you'd have to have resistance gear that only dropped from inside that particular raid in order to progress further.
    i would still take mechanics check over gear check any day

Our guild wants to progress in mythic so you have to "rush the content" to get as good gear and azerite power as possible. They design the game to make you want to "rush". Otherwise they would do valor point caps per week.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-09-10 at 09:32 AM.

I have no problem with warfronts.
    Just saying everything is so fast now we already have catchup mechanics on day 27 :S

Did things ever happened this fast?
    There's no catch-up mechanic because there is nothing to catch up. The whole idea of catch-up mechanics is they allow you to dive straight in to the latest raid without gearing through previous tiers and so far there are no previous tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Vanilla is coming soon :P

What you're talking about was a very short-lived feature in WoW, it's gone w/ the SWP release in late TBC. They removed it because attunements were causing a lot of guild poaching, and many people were forever stuck doing the same low-tier irrelevant raids even when BT was out because as soon as they had all their raiders attuned some higher-tier guild poached all their best members, so they had to start from scratch, start poaching other lower-tier guilds, disband, or quit.

Sure, guild poaching exists even nowadays, but it's not even close to how bad things were during TBC, it's rampant back then.
    Without attunements (which don’t exist anymore) the old gear progression method is sound.

This is both a paid to own and a paid to play game. You paid upfront and you subscrib (mostly) with real life money to play each month.

For people that paid for the expansion upfront, who are you to judge if they consumed their paid content at speed of light or sound or turtle???
    Now for the monthly subs, what do they get?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post

What you're talking about was a very short-lived feature in WoW, it's gone w/ the SWP release in late TBC. They removed it because attunements were causing a lot of guild poaching, and many people were forever stuck doing the same low-tier irrelevant raids even when BT was out because as soon as they had all their raiders attuned some higher-tier guild poached all their best members, so they had to start from scratch, start poaching other lower-tier guilds, disband, or quit.

Sure, guild poaching exists even nowadays, but it's not even close to how bad things were during TBC, it's rampant back then.
    You couldn't be more wrong, the removal of attunements was the worst thing they ever did.

All that time spent clearing previous raids was vital. Did you see what happened when all of these people who didn't do the BT attunement got into BT? It was non-stop potato, crying it was too hard, new guilds popping up every day, then disbanding when they raged they couldn't clear the content. They had no right to be in BT without doing the previous raids to a good level, it was on the job training. SSC and TK taught people how to handle personal responsibility, to move, to not watch the dps meters.

If you don't have the Hand of A'dal title and the BT necklace, you're part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong, the removal of attunements was the worst thing they ever did.

All that time spent clearing previous raids was vital. Did you see what happened when all of these people who didn't do the BT attunement got into BT? It was non-stop potato, crying it was too hard, new guilds popping up every day, then disbanding when they raged they couldn't clear the content. They had no right to be in BT without doing the previous raids to a good level, it was on the job training. SSC and TK taught people how to handle personal responsibility, to move, to not watch the dps meters.

If you don't have the Hand of A'dal title and the BT necklace, you're part of the problem.
    hush now, it's time to move on...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corruptus View Post
    hush now, it's time to move on...
    Oh look, exactly the type of lfr warrior he was referring to. WoW bringing in normies like this guy ruined the game

It is one of the problems with the concept of everyone needs to see the content and having access to easy powerful gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic Fanboy View Post
    Oh look, exactly the type of lfr warrior he was referring to. WoW bringing in normies like this guy ruined the game
    Indeed.

It started with the removal of attunements, and then was made worse by the influx of Lich Babies. It's just been made worse every expansion after that.

Just because the content is in the game, doesn't mean you should have access to it instantly. Take a look at what happened, again I'll use BT as an example. Blizz removed the attunements because people were crying they couldn't get in the raid. They let them in and they cried, they wiped, the argued, they disbanded, the reformed, they cried, they argued, they cried some more. Blizz nerfed the raid and still the tears continued to flow. It wasn't a fun time for those people who couldn't do the attunement, not because the attunement was a block, but because they clearly weren't good enough to do the content they thought they wanted to do.

Fast forward to through every expansion and bring in right up to Uldir, and we have had the same tears all the way through. "It's too hard wah wah wah". People aren't used to wipe nights, trying different tactics, taking personal responsilibity. Instead they find 1 boss guide, and run with it even if it doesn't suit their raid team or raid style. Then they cry it's too hard and Blizz nerf it, it's not "hard", it's the ability of the player that is lacking.

The best raids are the ones where you wipe all night, where you get to 1% and die, where someone messes up a fight for everyone. The raids where you find your own tactic to deal with something, where you find who your best players are and swap out the ones who suck and watch meters and take too much damage constantly.

These whiny entitled lfr warriors, lich babies and so on need to get a grip.

The whole purpose of WoW was to bring in "normies." Why do you think Vanilla was full of quests to be.your hand during leveling? Instances are there so you didn't need to have someone camping boss spawns and guildies ready to go as soon as an alert goes out (with the chance of an opposing guild stealing the tag or wiping your attempt.)

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed.

It started with the removal of attunements, and then was made worse by the influx of Lich Babies. It's just been made worse every expansion after that.

Just because the content is in the game, doesn't mean you should have access to it instantly. Take a look at what happened, again I'll use BT as an example. Blizz removed the attunements because people were crying they couldn't get in the raid. They let them in and they cried, they wiped, the argued, they disbanded, the reformed, they cried, they argued, they cried some more. Blizz nerfed the raid and still the tears continued to flow. It wasn't a fun time for those people who couldn't do the attunement, not because the attunement was a block, but because they clearly weren't good enough to do the content they thought they wanted to do.

Fast forward to through every expansion and bring in right up to Uldir, and we have had the same tears all the way through. "It's too hard wah wah wah". People aren't used to wipe nights, trying different tactics, taking personal responsilibity. Instead they find 1 boss guide, and run with it even if it doesn't suit their raid team or raid style. Then they cry it's too hard and Blizz nerf it, it's not "hard", it's the ability of the player that is lacking.

The best raids are the ones where you wipe all night, where you get to 1% and die, where someone messes up a fight for everyone. The raids where you find your own tactic to deal with something, where you find who your best players are and swap out the ones who suck and watch meters and take too much damage constantly.

Wow, some people really don't like the fact that having countless hours to dedicate to a game doesn't make them all that special any more.

I pity people like you and me...the "farmers".
    People who play the auction house take advantage of our hard work and make millions playing with the items we farm.

I will give you one i just found out

The price of the epic shards you get from desinchanting an epic item are plummeting.
    But the price of enchants are not.
    So just buy from the AH the epic shards and make "Quick Navigation" weapon enchants for 2600g each
    Tbh, i think most of my herbs went to ppl trying to level their insription/alch professions. And even thou i have alch on my main the rank 3 procs arent plenty enough to make pots worth crafting. they are around half the price on ah compared to the mats cost.

Ill look into the enchant prizes. Might be something worth dropping mining for on the gathering alt.

There is lot of space between being normie and being elitist. But sure, feel free to assume whateverthefuck you want

Deleted
    Indeed.

Agree, but the era has passed now due to Blizz having to cater to casuals and players like you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Corruptus View Post
    There is lot of space between being normie and being elitist. But sure, feel free to assume whateverthefuck you want
    Being an elitist isn't a bad thing, you're just a terrible player and rationalise it by hating on people who are good at the game. This isn't an admittance of being an elitist either.