Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Sorry but how is it associated with death? I see leafs coming off it if anything.

I kind of hope the Lifebinder gets made into undead wyrm of whatever kind red dragons become

these are not leaves, they are parts of the Tentacles of this supposed Old God, and it is associated with Death Because of these skull that surround this entity in the image

In this image we can See more Cleary the skulls

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    I'd think if we go against death we go against somebody bigger than the Lich King. I mean the Lich King is just an orc who had a bad day. Bwomdsamdi is the loa of death and he still has a boss. That boss is way above the Lich King on the food chain.
    An Orc that was transformed into a spiritual entity by Kil'Jaeden. He was also a surprisingly strong Shaman back in his heyday. He was then empowered by magical armor and a sword forged by Dreadlords, locked in magical ice, and fused with Wonderboy Arthas. I think he would've been at least on the same playing field as Bwonsamdi. And we've never seen the Loa of Death do much in the first place, other than hang around and be a cool bastard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lordesnow View Post
    these are not leaves, they are parts of the Tentacles of this supposed Old God, and it is associated with Death Because of these skull that surround this entity in the image
    [IMG]https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/7/7f/Chronicle3_Art.jpg

Hot damn, that's fucking awesome. I recognize all of them except the top-right. Who is that Cthulhu-looking Old God?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordesnow View Post

Oh so you can. Thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    While they can do things like that, he will have to introduce more manifestation beings with the others magics.

Besides the void lords are the top dogs since their own introduction and doubt blizzard will go to dbz power scale way because most of the cast wouldnt get that far even with the azerite
    Aren't we there yet with people like Thrall, Jaina and Malfurion:

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    An Orc that was transformed into a spiritual entity by Kil'Jaeden. He was also a surprisingly strong Shaman back in his heyday. He was then empowered by magical armor and a sword forged by Dreadlords, locked in magical ice, and fused with Wonderboy Arthas. I think he would've been at least on the same playing field as Bwonsamdi. And we've never seen the Loa of Death do much in the first place, other than hang around and be a cool bastard.
    Yes, yes he is awesome and everything. But he is still not a deity. Or if he is a minor deity he is of a mortal origin. He isn't a cosmic force. Besides if there is a god of death he/she/it had to exist ever since the afterlife existed. In terms of the cosmic scale, LK is a recent player. The Zandalari meanwhile are amongst the most ancient of races so their loa are far more ancient. But as we know, Bwomsandi has a boss. A gender neutral boss that he is afraid of.

Aren't we there yet with people like Thrall, Jaina and Malfurion
    Nope, the most closed characters were Sargeras, Azshara and currently Illidan(not counting the void lords) because the story always pulled bigger feats for them in case they needed like Sargeras defeating the whole pantheon, Illidan getting a saiyan powerboost after his defeat from Arthas and well Azshara is well Azshara
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Deleted
    Nope, the most closed characters were Sargeras, Azshara and currently Illidan(not counting the void lords) because the story always pulled bigger feats for them in case they needed like Sargeras defeating the whole pantheon, Illidan getting a saiyan powerboost after his defeat from Arthas and well Azshara is well Azshara
    Illidan is among the worst written characters I have encountered. In fiction. As a whole.

Darth Maul got better after his resurrection. Illidan on the other hand got much worse.

Illidan is among the worst written characters I have encountered. In fiction. As a whole.

Darth Maul got better after his resurrection. Illidan on the other hand got much worse.
    I understand your opinion but for me the story of illidan in legion was actually made well despite the lack of maiev after 7.2 and we needed more interaction with him
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Deleted
    I understand your opinion but for me the story of illidan in legion was actually made well despite the lack of maiev after 7.2 and we needed more interaction with him
    Made well? Which part? When he was retconned from a power hungry selfish prick to a misunderstood hero? Where it was implied that we were all stupid for fighting him in TBC? When somebody who was an anti hero at best was set up to be the greatest champion of the light? or when he was somehow smarter than freakin Velen who, I'm pretty sure, was several thousand years his senior?

I'm being serious by the way. I'm genuinely curious which part of this you enjoyed. Honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made well? Which part? When he was retconned from a power hungry selfish prick to a misunderstood hero? Where it was implied that we were all stupid for fighting him in TBC? When somebody who was an anti hero at best was set up to be the greatest champion of the light? or when he was somehow smarter than freakin Velen who, I'm pretty sure, was several thousand years his senior?

I'm being serious by the way. I'm genuinely curious which part of this you enjoyed. Honestly.
    Calling Illidan the worst character in fiction is absurd. Just damn absurd, what we got in Burning Crusade was just weird and out of place. It makes more sense for him to be an anti hero and not a full on villain.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

TBC never really even gave us a reason for going to kill Illidan besides he was an unwanted ruler. They never truly made him out to be a bad guy in the expansion, if you were playing at the time you might have remembered the 1000s of posts on the forums asking just why he was a villain when he wasn't even responsible for most of the bad stuff that we went there for. He just knew that no single player could hurt the Legion, he was making an army to save us all.

If you read the war of the ancients, he wasn't power hungry for the sake of power, but power hungry cause he knew he could save everyone with that power. It was always a I need to get more powerful to save everyone scenario. It was just a reckless whatever the cost attitude that made him bad. But he had that attitude because it was how the Legion fought, they didn't care about their soldiers, only the end result. Hence his fighting fire with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    SThe Naaru have created Lightforged Undead,

The life Binder and life itself in an effort to defeat the void, which was Arthas' true goal.

Or maybe exposure to large amounts of Azerite during BfA unlocks 4th specs, who knows.
    Been out of touch with Wow lore since wod, was the lightforged undead part of the legion plot line which also included the holy dreadlords?

Also where was it implied/revealed that Arthas wanted to defeat the void? That paints a different picture of Arthas / Ner'zhul.

Is there any link in all of this to Cho'Gall's master (the one he quoted in WOD?)

Thanks in advance for the answers.

I also think 4th specs are not coming for all classes since that means 2 specs for demon hunters and in general some pruning / redistribution of spec kits (assuming they care about good class design).

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I agree, that's why I don't think Bolvar would be the main Villain. His conflict with Alexstrasza would probably be the catalyst to the end game of the expansion. Similar to how BfA is all about the faction war but will most likely end up as an Old God story.

I doubt Blizz would make the Lich King the End boss again. Perhaps him and Alex would find some kind of middle ground.
    Perhaps a middle ground that ends up in sexual intercourse

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Been out of touch with Wow lore since wod, was the lightforged undead part of the legion plot line which also included the holy dreadlords?

Also where was it implied/revealed that Arthas wanted to defeat the void? That paints a different picture of Arthas / Ner'zhul.

Is there any link in all of this to Cho'Gall's master (the one he quoted in WOD?)

Thanks in advance for the answers.
    1) no it was not, it was part of before the storm.

2) chronicles

3) afaik, no.
    And probably won't be until the next chronicle.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    1) no it was not, it was part of before the storm.

2) chronicles

3) afaik, no.
    And probably won't be until the next chronicle.
    Thanks for the replies. You got a link to the chronicle threads, the ones with the bullet point updates?