Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    So you don't want to do anything, but expect stuff to happen and you get rewards? And why would you expect donations for an invite into your raid? No one will join that
    no i expect to be rewarded based on effort

getting nothing or getting azerite after 8x mythic+2to5 on the same dungeon is not expecting donations
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    so far there is no evidence that it's
    horde does warfront
    alliance does warfront
    right after each other
    due to warfront being open for everyone on alpha and disabled on beta with one faction waiting 2 weeks on retail with blizzard not releasing any information to confirm after 6 days is over alliance automatically jumps into warfront

instead in reality it's
    what i complained about 1 week of rares 1 week of resource collecting+rares 3rd week of warfront
    I've explained what they are and how they work. It's your choice to ignore the information given to you. Have a nice night.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Because, in typical Blizzard fashion, they can't communicate. First off, most features are available to both factions at the same time so a lot of people will have assumed that this warfront is like that too
    How are you supposed to siege the same location at the same time? It was obvious that it'll be like witergrasp at least and warfronts won't be available to both factions at the same time, just like Archavon wasn't.

It's not something that i would even consider communicating, something akin to putting "don't dry your cat in microwave" sticker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post

Because of the automatic ownership of Stormgarde at the beginning, the Alliance did not get to run the scenario. It is currently the ONLY part of the warfront that the Alliance has not had access. They did, however, automatically receive all of the benefits of owning the warfront for the entire first week without actually running the scenario.
    You realize that the benefit amounts to one quest that rewards a 340 (the others reward AP or war resources) and a single kill of a single world boss? It's not really a big deal to get "all of the benefits of owning the warfront"

10+ Year Old Account

getting nothing or getting azerite after 8x mythic+2to5 on the same dungeon is not expecting donations
    and completing maybe 20 arenas in legion and getting maybe 1-3 wins with the only reward being conquest and junk chest or absolutely nothing for losing with BFA being the same system but with a broken conquest bar after you complete the first 500/500 reward is not expecting donations

- - - Updated - - -

How are you supposed to siege the same location at the same time? It was obvious that it'll be like witergrasp at least and warfronts won't be available to both factions at the same time, just like Archavon wasn't.

It's not something that i would even consider communicating, something akin to putting "don't dry your cat in microwave" sticker.
    it's a instanced PVE raid zone
    how do you think everyone does uldir? uldir is not an open world raid and neither is warfronts there is 2 different maps of arathi (not including the 3rd vanilla map of arathi) there was nothing stopping them allowing both factions to have warfronts at the same time

due to warfront being open for everyone on alpha and disabled on beta with one faction waiting 2 weeks on retail with blizzard not releasing any information to confirm after 6 days is over alliance automatically jumps into warfront
    So NOTHING every changes from alpha/beta/live??? Get over whatever you WANT it to be and either accept it or get out!!! Your IDEA of what this is, is NOT REALISTIC to LIVE!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    i would just end up being one of the endless amount of groups listed as "link your soul and 100000 year dna history and a donation of $100000 or don't expect an invite" on the LFG after the only tank quits after the first boss

First you speak about raids, now you speak about M+?
    In a M+ your group is guaranteed to give you 2-3 pieces of loot depending on how well you did it. I don't believe that you didn't get a single piece of gear in 8 M+ runs. Also, i'll give you one advice that i give literally everyone on this forum - add decent performing people from your M+ runs to invite them later instead of relying completely on LFG. And less obvious advice - if you are aiming for a certain piece of gear - build your group around it. Invite those who have high ilvl item equipped in your wanted slot, ask them before starting if they are fine with giving it away to you. Thank them afterwards.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    and it's not that i don't want to do normal or heroic uldir
    it's that i am forced out of it because i play a dps now since i am having a break from my paladin untill classic and it's not rewarding to join a 80% finished group i could spam mythic+ and get equally amount of nothing rewards

- - - Updated - - -

First you speak about raids, now you speak about M+?
    In a M+ your group is guaranteed to give you 2-3 pieces of loot depending on how well you did it. I don't believe that you didn't get a single piece of gear in 8 M+ runs. Also, i'll give you one advice that i give literally everyone on this forum - add decent performing people from your M+ runs to invite them later instead of relying completely on LFG. And less obvious advice - if you are aiming for a certain piece of gear - build your group around it. Invite those who have high ilvl item equipped in your wanted slot, ask them before starting if they are fine with giving it away to you. Thank them afterwards.
    everyone is crap i only get azerite 95% of the time and islands if faster for azerite i already said this

10+ Year Old Account

Because it's a PVE scenario. It's NOT like Wintergrasp where they had actual players involved. Of course they could let you zone in and, for alliance you see Stromgarde under Horde control and vice versa because you'd be in different instances. You DO realize it's not a PVP thing and that it IS an instanced area, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a instanced PVE raid zone
    how do you think everyone does uldir? uldir is not an open world raid and neither is warfronts there is 2 different maps of arathi (not including the 3rd vanilla map of arathi) there was nothing stopping them allowing both factions to have warfronts at the same time
    There is literally everything wrong in allowing it, just like allowing both factions to win on wintergrasp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Because it's a PVE scenario. It's NOT like Wintergrasp where they had actual players involved. Of course they could let you zone in and, for alliance you see Stromgarde under Horde control and vice versa because you'd be in different instances. You DO realize it's not a PVP thing and that it IS an instanced area, right?
    Are you for real now? Who cares if it's a PvE scenario, instancing Arathi and allowing "everyone to win" ruins continuity of the game. Who the fuck would even imagine something like that? One guy who plays horde sees one story, other guy who plays alliance sees other story? And they never intersect? You do remember that it's still a MMO we are talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is literally everything wrong in allowing it, just like allowing both factions to win on wintergrasp.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you for real now? Who cares if it's a PvE scenario, instancing Arathi and allowing "everyone to win" ruins continuity of the game. Who the fuck would even imagine something like that? One guy who plays horde sees one story, other guy who plays alliance sees other story? And they never intersect? You do remember that it's still a MMO we are talking about?
    wintergrasp is open world and pvp
    warfronts is instanced and pve
    they are different and can't be compared

10+ Year Old Account
    wintergrasp is open world and pvp
    warfronts is instanced and pve
    they are different and can't be compared
    Wintergrasp is players contesting a territory and taking it from the hands of other faction
    Warfronts is players contesting a territory and taking it from the hands of other faction.

PvP or PvE it doesn't matter at all. The important thing that it changes hands

allowing "everyone to win" ruins continuity of the game
    compared to not being able to do it for 2 weeks
    letting everyone win is only an aesthetic idea no one has even mentioned

i said letting everyone have warfront enabled not letting everyone win WHILE we both have it enabled
    the npcs on the other faction could of won 4 times in the 5 days everyone has it open to them

- - - Updated - - -

give evidence of the enemy npcs winning against players like they can in starcraft before you claim it's pve contested

at the moment it's a simple raid themed around warcraft gameplay that's stupidly gated behind 2 weeks and rare hunting
    again, you are guaranteed a week of controlling the warfront + whatever time it takes the enemy faction to accrue resources. Neither are gated behind rare hunting, please take the time to read and understand.

You gain control of the warfront, have dailies etc. The enemy faction accrues resources at this time.
    Enemy faction gains enough resources and unlocks the warfront scenario, i.e the battle for the keep. This takes 7 days
    You cain control of the warfront, have dailies etc. The enemy faction accrues resources at this time.
    Enemy faction gains enough resources and unlocks the warfront scenario, i.e the battle for the keep. This takes 7 days
    You cain control of the warfront, have dailies etc. The enemy faction accrues resources at this time.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

allowing "everyone to win" ruins continuity of the game
    compared to not being able to do it for 2 weeks
    letting everyone win is only an aesthetic idea no one has even mentioned

i said letting everyone have warfront enabled not letting everyone win WHILE we both have it enabled
    the npcs on the other faction could of won 4 times in the 5 days everyone has it open to them

- - - Updated - - -

Wintergrasp is players contesting a territory and taking it from the hands of other faction
    Warfronts is players contesting a territory and taking it from the hands of other faction.

PvP or PvE it doesn't matter at all. The important thing that it changes hands
    give evidence of the enemy npcs winning against players like they can in starcraft before you claim it's pve contested

at the moment it's a simple raid themed around warcraft gameplay that's stupidly gated behind 2 weeks and rare hunting

- - - Updated - - -

if there was rewarding things to do in wow at the moment
    none of us would even be on this forum we would be busy doing those things
    change my mind

- - - Updated - - -

we are kind of waiting around for 8.1 where 350 item level is not an average item level anymore so we actually have stuff to upgrade without being gated behind massive RNG
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2018-09-10 at 04:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No one has any proof it is not done by contributions, there is lots of evidance to the contrary, to prove it is effected by such.
    On the contrary, Blizzard stated from the start that Warfronts will auto switch. That and the fact that you can only contribute ONCE! per cycle is prove that the contribution is NOT needed to move the bar.

I still don't get it.
    We do a secanrio, kill some rares and the boss and a couple of lame quests.... And then what?

Am I missing something? Is there anything else?
    For some reason I thought it would all be a zone in a fluid battleground state. Like a permanent wintergrasp.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2018-09-10 at 12:57 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Because people cant look at a simple guide, listen to a video, or read posts about how it works.

they rather be angry and "right"
    then wrong and looking like an idiot.
    I understand hot it works. Its 20 mins of content and then wait 2 weeks before a scenario. It is poor implementation of a interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I still don't get it.
    We do a secanrio, kill some rares and the boss and a couple of lame quests.... And then what?

For some reason I thought it would all be a zone in a fluid battleground state. Like a permanent wintergrasp.
    You can do the same scenario over and over, hoping RNG favors you and you get another ilvl 340 piece. I got lucky and got a 2 handed axe for example.

But after 2 or 3 runs I'm bored and won't be running it again. No rep, no gold, no tokens.

Biggest issue I have is that it trivializes dungeon content. heroic and mythic 0 dungeons are now obsolete 4 weeks into the expansion. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I still don't get it.

Sieges take days (months actually), not hours

I understand the timing of the feature perfectly (now).

I just think it's utter and complete shite.

If anyone is totes cool with a Front of Box feature being available 1 week out of 4, well then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Not much else to say really.