Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I posted early and often in beta that warfronts and islands were absolute trash content, most people who didn't have beta didn't want to believe it, but information about how abysmal these things were has been out there for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    How are warfronts doing guys and gals?
    They're alright, better than I thought they were going to be. Not something I'd want to run continuously, but a few times every few weeks is good, aslong as the rewards stay relevant.

Definitely need a pvp mode for it though. Could see some epic pvp battles again like old AV.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I say hello to all people who told me "Oh you know shit" here btw.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not necro awful, useless threads.

So cute seeing the buttercups still loyally defending Blizzard - LOL.

At least now thank god the large majority of people see the game for what it is now, and whilst the white knights remain a minority.

I agree BFA could have been WAY better. I am not sure if I would be subbed if they didn't have the 6 months and get a mount promotion.

A lot of QoL stuff they are bringing in 8.1 should have been here with 8.0 like not needing to grind rep on all alts - when rep has armor and stuff put into it and rep is only available by quests...and then WQ, very bad design choice. Some of us are tired to death of 14 years of questing.

There is zero innovation. I think while everyone complained about leggos in Legion and the RNG of it, I acutally looked forward to opening chests as I knew it had a chance of a leggo, so that kept me motivated. I have zero motativation to do WQ after rev'd rep with the factions. That is pretty sad. Okay so paragon is coming...imo that is a cancer to the game. I'd rather mounts/pets were an exalted reward, not armor.

I don't mind islands, but what I mind is scaling. Scaling stuff for the end game of 450 or whatever ilvl is the norm a year later is not fun game play. My 110 twinked out char can pretty much solo the island, while my 360 ilvl 120 still can't do more than a small group of mobs, and team work is definitely more important. In normals, my 360 should be able to solo the island too, because I have heroic and mythic for harder scaling and challenge. The islands were just done wrong IMO. A really good concept but shit implementation. At 320ish ilvl getting killed easily in them = why do them. Normals should be easy as hell. Also loots should be higher % the harder the level you do, so mythic should be almost 100% of a pet/mount/Tmog as a reward for that challenge.

Sadly, they will either not fix any of this stuff, or fix it too late.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post

At least now thank god the large majority of people see the game for what it is now, and whilst the white knights remain a minority.
    Why so...dramatic?

The average player is disappointed for the most part in bfa but still plays in the hopes that things will improve as they usually do.

It's just a game, man lol

Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    Why so...dramatic?

The average player is disappointed for the most part in bfa but still plays in the hopes that things will improve as they usually do.

It's just a game, man lol
    Dramatic? No idea what you're on about - and you're right i 100% agree with you with this comment:

"The average player is disappointed for the most part in bfa but still plays in the hopes that things will improve as they usually do."

People have had that mindset since Cataclysm, 8 years of praying the game will finally steer in a good direction - I was one of them but seen the way the game was heading, so like everyone else on my battlenet - moved on.

An MMO thrives on maintaining the illusion that the content is important. The feeling of satisfaction at doing important things is a reward, even if it isn't really fun.

Unfortunately, not much in BfA feels important, significant, or of any consequence. The illusion (and it is an illusion, since nothing a player does has any real meaning) has fallen apart. The content feels uninteresting, irrelevant, and ultimately unimportant.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Just imagine you are the new player, who want to play some MMORPG. You look at WOW BFA trailers and description on WoW forum and see:
    1)Join your friends to explore the dangerous places and fight other players on Island Expeditions.
    2)Get your new, Allied Races.
    3)Fight for your faction on Warfronts.
    4)Customize your character via New Azerite System.

Right. All four features were the biggest selling points of BFA since Blizzcon.

Lets look at what we got.

Island Expeditions. Repetitive, boring, ultimately unrewarding. Some people like them, but the core of them is extremely raw and need much more work.

Allied Races. Unavailable until you do the content of the previous expansion. In other words, if you are new player and want to play Allied Race - be so kind and grind the rep for a couple weeks on, said, green-black landscapes of Argus while 95% of other people enjoy their vacation in Zandalar.

Warfronts. They weren't even released yet, but i assure you - its "once in a week" type of activity. In nature its an insignificant and forgettable feature you wont mind for a week after you done it.

Azerite System. Its a shit system.

So all in all, BFA falls flat when it comes to its main features. None of them in essence is well done or baked well.
    1) Boring does not mean incomplete (not done), and it's your subjective opinion you're trying to pass off as solid fact; you even admit some people like them. So first point is nonsense.

2) The allied races advertised as available were available and done, so again your point doesn't back up your nonsense title and your entire post is losing credibility.

3) Agreed that they should have been released on launch, but they were delayed due to gear and whatever reasoning. That aside, it was done and complete when they were released, and I find them much more enjoyable than any other content in wow (which according to your mess of a post means that's a fact and it's great).

4) I personally don't have an issue with the Azerite System so therefore it must be great. See what I did there?

Next time you want to spew out your opinion state it as such and not as some set fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillboy View Post
    BFA gonna be abandoned by devs earlier than WOD to make a Wrath of the Lich King 2.0 is my guess (i hope so!).
    Fixed it for ya. =P

But seriously, I don't see them abandoning BfA. They seem at least excited about ending Azshara's story and revealing N'zoth to us. In WoD, it was clear they had no idea who their final patch boss would be, where the Warlords' story would go and ended up just balling it all up into a Legion prequel.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just imagine you are the new player, who want to play some MMORPG. You look at WOW BFA trailers and description on WoW forum and see:
    1)Join your friends to explore the dangerous places and fight other players on Island Expeditions.

Island Expeditions. Repetitive, boring, ultimately unrewarding. Some people like them, but the core of them is extremely raw and need much more work.

Allied Races. Unavailable until you do the content of the previous expansion. In other words, if you are new player and want to play Allied Race - be so kind and grind the rep for a couple weeks on, said, green-black landscapes of Argus while 95% of other people enjoy their vacation in Zandalar.

Warfronts. They weren't even released yet, but i assure you - its "once in a week" type of activity. In nature its an insignificant and forgettable feature you wont mind for a week after you done it.

Azerite System. Its a shit system.

So all in all, BFA falls flat when it comes to its main features. None of them in essence is well done or baked well.
    Lets see here... from my perspective.

Island Expeditions--> They work, they are not boring.... YES you are not "Exploring" you are "pillaging" the entire Island with the opposing faction killing everything. No quest, no decision, just go and kill. 6/10

Allied Races--> The fuck up for the Horde Part, because we were supposed to get the Zandalari at first. The decision of the maghar with the Dark Irons fueled more my theory of that this 2 races were supposed to be introduced on Legion (or ending of Draenor) because you know... Dark Irons are the most present allieds for the alliance and even the horde (as minor enemies on draenor) and because Frostwolfs and Laughing skulls also make sense, and probably would explain why Freaking Space goats and brown orcs are celebrating together... like nothing happened. 1/10 for me because i wanted Zandalari not Maghars, BUT at the same time there are a shit ton of people happy because they can role play now every freaking clan.... except Dragonmaw. so for them its 8/10

Warfronts--> they f up making it PvE. If they have done it like Ashran with WM on or like the old Alterac Valley.... maybe, or just like Wintergrasp in its glory times. But now the Warfront its just the Catchup equipment for Alts i even think the next warfront it will be also a catchup equipment, even if its have Heroic version. For me..... up until this day idk what would been better for the "warfront system" only pvp pve with boss encounter? instanced, open world??. 5/10

Azerite System--> wanna know my point of view? its ok its fine, quoting Todd "its just work", yes they fup on putting some Azerite traits being better than others, i think that was intentional. I also think they should add more ways to obtain "Azerite gear of your current leveling" way way way earlier, but also with double of the traits, i have almost a full bag of Azerite gear 370 and 390, from Weakly chest to Uldir raid to fricking emisaries. Maybe a skill tree just like the legion weapons could have been better. But overall its not a bad system it needs improvement. 7/10 because some traits are just dog popo.

Overall its the beginning of the expansion, some people still dont have the exalted reputations and to be honest i have a lot of content in the previous expansion that i want to finish, that wheni dont have nothing to do i just go and fill my gauge bar of "i need content". I would understand it for hard core people that have everything done. But for me i appreaciate having time to finish other stuffs.

What would have change?? probably more sources of Azerite Gear, much more Azerite traits from neutrals to class specific to spec specific. The Allied races of course... i want my god damn Paladin and rogue to be Zandalari right meow. And the Islands should be more of exploration rather than a race for azerite, boss encounters like a mini dungeon for 3 people with random enemies and bosses, with puzzles and quests. boom,

1) Island Expeditions. Repetitive, boring, ultimately unrewarding. Some people like them, but the core of them is extremely raw and need much more work.
    2) Allied Races. Unavailable until you do the content of the previous expansion. In other words, if you are new player and want to play Allied Race - be so kind and grind the rep for a couple weeks on, said, green-black landscapes of Argus while 95% of other people enjoy their vacation in Zandalar.
    3) Warfronts. They weren't even released yet, but i assure you - its "once in a week" type of activity. In nature its an insignificant and forgettable feature you wont mind for a week after you done it.
    4) Azerite System. Its a shit system.

So hold on, because you don't like them they aren't well done?

1) I don't mind Islands, typically I go in with 2 guildies on mythic, turn on spotify, and we just razz each other for an hour or two.
    2)Allied races actually launched before BFA even hit, 1 additional race has since hit, and another will hit soon.
    3)Warfronts are exactly what they described them to be at blizzcon, no reason to add pvp into them because thats what we have AV and IoC for....
    4)Azerite system is in the game and working as described it would, the problem is players are fickle and can't decide if they want to have the numerically best traits or the ones that are interesting and modify your gameplay. Typically due to game design you will not be able to have both of those things happening at any one time.

Yes, the expansion needs as much help as it can get. Thank God for the raids, or else I'd be long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    I basically agree with the OP, and from what I know of in my social circles and others I've seen / heard about, a great many players also agree.

The box features of BFA are a hot mess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post

1) I don't mind Islands, typically I go in with 2 guildies on mythic, turn on spotify, and we just razz each other for an hour or two.
    2)Allied races actually launched before BFA even hit, 1 additional race has since hit, and another will hit soon.
    3)Warfronts are exactly what they described them to be at blizzcon, no reason to add pvp into them because thats what we have AV and IoC for....
    4)Azerite system is in the game and working as described it would, the problem is players are fickle and can't decide if they want to have the numerically best traits or the ones that are interesting and modify your gameplay. Typically due to game design you will not be able to have both of those things happening at any one time.
    1) The fact that you dont mind IE doesnt mean a fuck on the obj perspective of their issues.

2) Unfortunately BFA Allied Race that were hugely advertise as "BFA" main dish were KT and Zandalari and THEY ARE NOT COMING SOON, unless you give us a date not "after 8.1" because that is bs and mean nothing, avoid spreading misinformation.

3) No, they were described pretty differnt during Blizzcon.

4) Absolutely not it doesn't work as described, is nowhere a substitute of Legion Artifact+Leggo+Tier+Relic system, even a blind could see that.

I can't stand hate thread but these type of shilling cocksucking post are even worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    1) Boring does not mean incomplete (not done), and it's your subjective opinion you're trying to pass off as solid fact; you even admit some people like them. So first point is nonsense.

2) The allied races advertised as available were available and done, so again your point doesn't back up your nonsense title and your entire post is losing credibility.

3) Agreed that they should have been released on launch, but they were delayed due to gear and whatever reasoning. That aside, it was done and complete when they were released, and I find them much more enjoyable than any other content in wow (which according to your mess of a post means that's a fact and it's great).

4) I personally don't have an issue with the Azerite System so therefore it must be great. See what I did there?

Next time you want to spew out your opinion state it as such and not as some set fact.
    Just want to add that i have the exact same oppinion as the person you quoted. As do all the players of my guild (~20). I know absolutely NOBODY - and i litterally mean not a single human being - in person who shares your oppinion. I do read it on the forums from time to time, but i just don't know anybody like that myself.

@Warfronts: The post you quoted was from before they were opened the first time. We are wiser now...we know that Blizzard managed to completely fuck players of the Alliance over with this feature, by handing out free loot to one faction in the ONLY week of the entire expansion when free loot of that quality mattered. So, in hindsight, Blizzard managed to deliver the feature even WORSE than the OP anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Really? Or did you see you had 1999 posts and also knew this one would not only bump you up, but also rekindle a bit of the good ole flame war?

Well, let's see who comes here and says "Sorry, Mr random forum poster for doubting your wisdom....you were totally right"
    Who the fuck still cares about post count nowadays? I mean, you have 31044 posts but I highly doubt you have had 31044 useful insights. Ever heard of quality over quantity?

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post

Wrong sir !and im just speaking for my server only we are always full and very active sit down sir!
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2018-11-30 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Hilarious. Another expansion and the same people are here to tell us they don't like wow. It's strange that people 100% have to tell someone else they dislike something, for years on end. z
    I agree. I know people that said wrath was a horrid expansion, while others saying MoP was poorly designed.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.