Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Vote with your time! Dungeons and raiding are optional now!

Man, running warfronts, I have to say, if there are going to be multiples of these, and if the gear is going to be kept relevant and current in scope and ilvl, this could be the expansion where WoW finally hammers into the playerbase's heads that "numbers are inevitable, run what you like, raiding and dungeons are optional," a lesson that a modern MMO, THE modern MMO really needs its players to learn.

We saw it in Legion, when Wq rewards eclipsed most dungeons that weren't M+, the cry went up "so why run these other difficulties?" Because you like to. We're seeing it now with warfronts where people ask "why raid or do this other dungeon stuff?" Because you like to. If you don't like it, don't do it, vote with your feet, vote with your time, that's how you help them develop the game!

I have a feeling Blizzard is going to collect a *lot* of data relevant to future development of the game when they see how many "closet casuals" were only raiding because they felt they had to, that they were supposed to, and mostly because that was where the gear was. The more options you get the more you see where people's hearts truly lie! More than ever I think players need to "look inside themselves" and see... do you really get any use out of war mode? Warfronts? Islands? Dungeons? Raiding? Higher difficulties? Do what you actually enjoy and help change the game, that would be my advice to anyone and everyone!

Like, seriously, LFR (and so raiding in general) doesn't exist to me and mine now that warfronts are a thing! We're going to play accordingly and populate the data Blizzard collects accordingly, same with never activating war mode! What little data we can provide, we will, and I urge all players to do the same!

You are welcome to do warfronts, except you will be behind the gear curve. You can only queue for the warfronts once a month. I also doubt Blizzard will ever raise the gear level to be at a raiding level. They seem to try not to do that typically.

I take it then that you like Warfronts? Good to know. I look forward to trying them as an alliance........two weeks after they launch. Honestly, they should probably do something about that ultra long timegating if these are going to be a an alternative to M+ or Raiding. Add more other than Stromgarde perhaps so that at any given time, one of your Warfronts are available?

I just do the content I want to and I am happy with that. They just need more weapon rewards for world quests and make them relevant to your current spec not static.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    I take it then that you like Warfronts? Good to know. I look forward to trying them as an alliance........two weeks after they launch. Honestly, they should probably do something about that ultra long timegating if these are going to be a an alternative to M+ or Raiding. Add more other than Stromgarde perhaps so that at any given time, one of your Warfronts are available?
    Alliance had access to it first on all servers...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I just do the content I want to and I am happy with that. They just need more weapon rewards for world quests and make them relevant to your current spec not static.
    The conquest one was free if you wanted it.

Got it on my main without doing any queued pvp bar the brawl for the quest and one skirmish when I was 15 short of the cap.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    You are welcome to do warfronts, except you will be behind the gear curve. You can only queue for the warfronts once a month. I also doubt Blizzard will ever raise the gear level to be at a raiding level. They seem to try not to do that typically.
    One of the dumbest decisions they've ever made.

Deleted
    *sigh*

For the millionth time. Alliance did NOT have access to the actual warfront scenario and won't get access for another 2 resets.

Quote Originally Posted by marren17 View Post
    *sigh*

For the millionth time. Alliance did NOT have access to the actual warfront scenario and won't get access for another 2 resets.
    Oh, just the raid boss? Still it drops 370 loot too? then it is fair lol.

Not if you want content and not just a small chance at free loot you didn't earn.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well, you can however run WF an infinite amount of times per day, and each time awards a piece of 340+ so, it helps. And with future Warfronts planned, it's quite likely that they'll follow the ilvl of future raids.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Man, running warfronts, I have to say, if there are going to be multiples of these, and if the gear is going to be kept relevant and current in scope and ilvl, this could be the expansion where WoW finally hammers into the playerbase's heads that "numbers are inevitable, run what you like, raiding and dungeons are optional," a lesson that a modern MMO, THE modern MMO really needs its players to learn.

We saw it in Legion, when Wq rewards eclipsed most dungeons that weren't M+, the cry went up "so why run these other difficulties?" Because you like to. We're seeing it now with warfronts where people ask "why raid or do this other dungeon stuff?" Because you like to. If you don't like it, don't do it, vote with your feet, vote with your time, that's how you help them develop the game!

I have a feeling Blizzard is going to collect a *lot* of data relevant to future development of the game when they see how many "closet casuals" were only raiding because they felt they had to, that they were supposed to, and mostly because that was where the gear was. The more options you get the more you see where people's hearts truly lie! More than ever I think players need to "look inside themselves" and see... do you really get any use out of war mode? Warfronts? Islands? Dungeons? Raiding? Higher difficulties? Do what you actually enjoy and help change the game, that would be my advice to anyone and everyone!

Like, seriously, LFR (and so raiding in general) doesn't exist to me and mine now that warfronts are a thing! We're going to play accordingly and populate the data Blizzard collects accordingly, same with never activating war mode! What little data we can provide, we will, and I urge all players to do the same!
    i honestly wonder what are you talking about.

warfront gear is complete garbage compared to 370 / 385 droping from hc/mythic raids and 370 droping from mythic + .

nobody sane will run warfronts 24/7 for liek 1 % chance of that high tf

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance only had access to the Warfront World Boss - DoomHowl - for a chance at 370 loot. Not the same at all as the scenario with guaranteed 370 + fishable 340s.

Not if you want content and not just a small chance at free loot you didn't earn.
    Yeah guys, alternating terms of equal duration and equal content is totally not fair!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Yeah guys, alternating terms of equal duration and equal content is totally not fair!
    Warfronts should have been delayed for a few weeks for the Mythic race to finish.

Raids and dungeons have always been optional the whole game is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can queue more than once, the only difference is that the first time you get a 370+ item, the other times you get a 340+ gear.

It feels like a catch up mechanic that wasn't even needed yet to be honest, in regards to Warfronts.

The difference is that for Horde they are guaranteed a 370 piece whereas Alliance had two chances, if a bonus roll was used. Yes, this will change and will be fair. The only valid complaint I've seen is that Horde have a better shot going into mythic week for world first race, but Alliance does not actually win those so really doesn't make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Raids and dungeons have always been optional the whole game is optional.
    Yeah. What do raids and dungeons drop? Occasionally mounts but mostly gear. What do you need gear for? Harder raids and dungeons. So you can do the next raid until the expansion reset hits. Even story wise with LFR you can just get min ilvl for that and run it once to see the story and you're done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding will remain the pot with the best candy.

If it didn’t, the raiding pool would dry up even more than the 5% of players it currently is. It’s the designers favourite content, so there’s no way they’ll let that happen.