Huge lead on the road vs division rival(who happens to have Aaron Rodgers at qb) so let’s call screens and zone reads that gain us 2-3 yards and stop the clock every other snap. I swear to god it felt like I was watching Marc Trestman again(I’m a ravens fan not a bears fan, he was god awful with us)

Ugh, I don't know why they decided to pass on 3rd and 1, and then watching Fuller drop the interception gift wrapped right to him. Refs missed a few offensive holding on the Packers, but the Bears should've never loss. Feels like it might be a long season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least they won't go 0-16 this year. Progress!

Trubisky wilted under pressure. If he doesn't pick up his game, the deal for Mack will turn out to be a big mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mack looked great, against Kizer.

Then he went missing vs a one legged Rodgers. I'm not going to say this was bad for the Raiders yet, not by any means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

Then he went missing vs a one legged Rodgers. I'm not going to say this was bad for the Raiders yet, not by any means.
    He also had 1 week of practice. Rodgers wears the fuck out of defenses, healthy or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    He also had 1 week of practice. Rodgers wears the fuck out of defenses, healthy or not.
    My point is people jumping to the hot take after half a game against a backup need to step back a little.

I can't believe I went to bed at the half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So did I. Can't believe the Bears screwed this up, even with Rodgers returning.

Guess I'm watching the second half without commercials on gamepass right now then...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I think this Bears loss is about as much on Aaron Rodgers as it is on the Packers defense stepping up in the second half. Trubisky wasn't even that bad, but he just had to throw into tight windows and had pressure coming and the Packers loaded up on the run more often.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm not even a Packers fan but was watching the game with my good friend, who is. They wanted to go to sleep at halftime but I managed to convince her to see if Rodgers came back out or not. Rodgers of course did and we watched the rest of the game on the edge of our seats.

15+ Year Old Account
    I admit to taking a shower at the half. I came back around the start of the fourth and it was 20-3. First play I saw was the bomb TD. Not saying I'm good luck but me in a towel is good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsurprisingly Patriots waved WR Riley McCarron, the practice squader they called up last week and who fumbled the punt that let the Texans back in the game. He might be back on the prax squad, but maybe also not.

With veteran contracts no longer being guaranteed after week 1 it's now easier for the Patriots to sign veteran WR and punt returners for a short while till Edelman is back.

In other news, keep this name in mind: Ju'Whaun Bentley, Patriots rookie linebacker. The praise for him was high even from the spring, but it's exploded after his week 1 game where he played more defensive snaps than anyone else in the front 7 and got the highest PFF grade of ANY Patriots player, including Brady and Gronk (who had 123y and a TD).

Dude looks to be a 5th round gem that's going to help Patriots at linebacker for years to come. From what team mates say he might be a captain soon too, they are that impressed with him.

It's nice that even though we have more than half the rookie class on IR/hurt that 1 guy at least is shaping up to be an immediate impact player, and at a position of need too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

It looks worst when you add it in with the other Raiders moves, Jordy Nelson over Crabtree, trading a 3rd round pick for nothing, shuffling backup QB, trading away the best player on your team and watching him go wild in prime time... There is plenty cause to be skeptical, but they haven't played a down yet with Gruden, we'll get to see that tonight.

Speaking of, I wonder who the late night broadcast team will be, ESPN can't even put together one tolerable broadcast let alone two, so I predict I'll be muting it a lot.
    Oh, sounds like the new A team has the Rams/Raiders, and Jets/Lions has Beth Mowins and Brian Griese, got no idea if Griese is any good, and will see if Mowins is any good without Rex Ryan ruining everything.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks worst when you add it in with the other Raiders moves, Jordy Nelson over Crabtree, trading a 3rd round pick for nothing, shuffling backup QB, trading away the best player on your team and watching him go wild in prime time... There is plenty cause to be skeptical, but they haven't played a down yet with Gruden, we'll get to see that tonight.

Speaking of, I wonder who the late night broadcast team will be, ESPN can't even put together one tolerable broadcast let alone two, so I predict I'll be muting it a lot.
    Oh, sounds like the new A team has the Rams/Raiders, and Jets/Lions has Beth Mowins and Brian Griese, got no idea if Griese is any good, and will see if Mowins is any good without Rex Ryan ruining everything.
    Wasn't Griese on like one of the lower CBS teams in the past? I vaguely recall he was kind of bland, but not annoying.

Might be I'm mistaking him for one of the gazillion other former QB's that do booth work though. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I've found it so hard to comment on this season, no one has a clue how this team will do, does the loss of Mack get made up with the gains of more pressure across the line acquired this off season.

The defence looked better the instant Ken Norton jr was fired, how will it look with Guenther coaching it.

What's Gruden's offence plans? We had an issue with zone vs power blocking between our running backs and our OLine last year that wasn't resolved, and our OC was atrocious, how much of last year's woes can be put on coaching?

And the players that left, Crabtree was taking himself out of games towards the end and had to go, Mack would no doubt have improved the team but can they deliver without him?

Was the drop last year because JDR truly had lost the locker room, and does Gruden have it?

This is why I can't predict Oakland at all till they take the field, they could be 3 and 13 dogshit, they could be 8 and 8 average, or they could be in the playoffs and we're all wondering how the hell it happened.

Griese's typical cheesey QB-commentator. Not as bad as a Phil Simms, probably around a Boomer Esiason level when they were both in the booth.

I may be biased because Simms's Giants beat the Bills in a Super Bowl, but I hate Cris Collinsworth and we spanked the Bengals in the 90s pretty regular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the NFL Darnold

hahahahahahahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Blount gets -7 yards on his first carry, got a feeling the Lions streak of a million games in a row without a 100 yard rusher has a chance to continue.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'know when they say start as you mean to carry on?

Sam Darnold can ignore that.

10+ Year Old Account
    What even is a catch any more #5000
    /s