Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Yes, this pretty much is inevitable. As is Anduin charming his way out of this, because he's so adorable and chosen by the Light.
    Lawful good characters make me very angry

Grr

yeah another vote for "the obvious happens"
    Alliance attacks, does some damage, maybe kills king, fleet gets destroyed with the scepter and they retreated having accomplished basically nothing
    maybe naga show up at some point

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be pretty cool if the alliance raid is basically they killing all the Loa's but I dont think it's feasible for blizzard to have one raid for each faction, maybe the horde faces other enemies with similar mechanics?
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Boom! Most of the Horde and Zandalari are focused on killing G'huun and slash or cleaning up the remnants of his forces and subduing the rest of the Blood Troll Forces when the Alliance and Kul'Tiras forces attack! Oh shit, Alliance is actually winning! Zandalari fleet sinking, not enough ground forces to push them back! Alliance victory incoming! Greymane gets a biscuit Vegeta style! SUDDENLY! NAGA UP IN THIS BITCH! Oh shit, it's Azshara! Smug insane fish noises and tits! She is fucking both sides up, arg! Retreat, fall back Alliance! Bwonsambi is here to save the day! FIN SLAP! Bwonsambi is down! Loa Vol'jinn is here, yay! He pushes the Naga back, but the damage is done! Allies have fucked up our fleet, naga fucked up Zuldazar! Allies fleet also fucked up! And now we gotta go smack some fish around while also trying to destroy the Alliance because Sylvanas isn't going to let a chance to get more bodies for her ever growing harem go to waste!
    That would probably be the most likely scenario. Although, I don't think they'll let go of Bwonsamdi that easily.

Also +1 for being amusing.

I think the end of it Anduin will step down as leader of the alliance
    He will stay as king but I expect to see Jaina as High Queen of the alliance by the end of the expansion. Genn would also work but think Jaina is the most likely candidate especially if her mum dies (it would reflect the talanji/rhastakhan story that way as well)

All that I know is that the scenario to unlock Zandalari will have to do with a new loa so we can get our prelate

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    As the Alliance war goal was to sever the ties between the Zandalari and the Horde, and even though they will inflict some damage on the Zandalari, they will suffer losses of their own in terms of forces lost when their attack is inevitably repelled.

And given that their attack has achieved the exact opposite, driving the Zandalari fully into the Horde, this is going to represent a major Alliance defeat. There is going to be no way that this can be spun otherwise.

Hopefully the coming fiasco of the assault on Zuldazar will set off some badly needed debate within the Alliance about the wisdom of putting an eighteen year old innate pacifist in charge, because this is going to be the third time in a row he's been left looking incompetent. Once in allowing himself to be manipulated by the Horde in regards to Teldrassil, once when he walked into the obvious trap of Undercity and now when he tries to be proactive, sailing his shiny new fleet into the lair of the enemy.
    The Alliance does nothing but lose. It doesn't matter who is commander, they're going to lose.

They lost the First War.
    They were gifted their Second War victory.
    The Third War was a different thing with everyone vs demons (unless you count the Scourge facerolling the Alliance's remains)

Once war started building again, the Alliance lost every battle against Garrosh's Horde. Every zone saw a massive, fully built, reinforced, and armored stronghold for the Horde and a half built structure underway for the Alliance. They lost every notable encounter, Horde pushed them out of every territory, and even the finale in Mists of Pandaria was like the Second War - a victory gifted by the Horde splintering into two factions. But since the Horde reclaimed their territory and the Alliance got nothing in compensation for the war, I'd mark it as a loss for the Alliance and overall victory for the Horde.

The Alliance lost large areas of Ashenvale, were decimated in Stonetalon, Gilneas was destroyed, they lost at Andorhol, South Shore was wiped out by the Horde, and even their victory in Swamp of Sorrows turns out to be a non-victory. Their biggest victory was Jaina imprisoning blood elves and claiming Dalaran which turned out to be a loss of the blood elves and Silvermoon (which still would likely have netted Dalaran) had Varian's negotiations succeeded. Theramore was wiped out of existence across all realities. The Alliance destroyed Camp Turajo, I suppose, but is that a notable victory in the least?

Now Sylvanas outsmarts SI:7, feints the night elves so the Horde can mow through their ancient homeland, decimate everything in their path, and destroy Darnassus. The Alliance takes a non-victory at the Undercity.

It doesn't matter if it's Anduin, Lothar, Turalyon, Shandris, or anyone else in the entirety of lore, Blizzard is going to repeatedly have the Alliance lose every consequential battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Military acumen, killer instinct, experience, respect of his forces...it would even have worked narratively given his to the death feud with Sylvanas.
    Shandris Feathermoon has 10,000 years of military experience and arguably at this point should be just as on par with Genn in hatred of Sylvanas. The grudges/feuds that elves hold, she might be more fitting to push in that direction.

Her problem is, she's not a human.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-09-10 at 07:40 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    How are they gonna do a raid that ends in the players killing Rastakhan if one half of the players are going to have to be Horde?

EDIT: @Faroth Don't forget, Azshara went from contested to Horde, and the Alliance didn't get a matching level-up zone for Worgen.

Also, Shandris would be a great Grand Commander of the Alliance, I think.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2018-09-10 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Shandris Feathermoon has 10,000 years of military experience and arguably at this point should be just as on par with Genn in hatred of Sylvanas. The grudges/feuds that elves hold, she might be more fitting to push in that direction.

Her problem is, she's not a human.
    all those years of experience and the war campaign has her look like a dumbass that just throws herself directly at big targets while the human potential provides actual strategies.

goddamn i hate blizzard's writers.

Quote Originally Posted by ausoin View Post
    Why would Derek go aginst his own people? And nobody in Kul Tiras will follow the person who loyalties lie with the Horde mind-controlled or not.
    Oh, of course they wouldn't follow him. But it'd piss off Jaina and Tandred something fierce. My actual theory in regards to Derek is that Sylvanas will raise him to mess with their heads, but they'll end up either accepting him or somehow publicly making peace while the Horde kill him, thus rattling Sylvanas' position among the Forsaken.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I hope only for one thing - Krag'wa pops in, and eats either anduin or jaina and we have first proper vore death in warcraft.
    Doesn't Alexstrasza eating Nekros count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It wasn't sexy enough. Anduin is pretty boi, and jaina fits for a classic one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    How are they gonna do a raid that ends in the players killing Rastakhan if one half of the players are going to have to be Horde?
    Easy, it's Bwonsamdi puppeting Rastakhan. So neither side is "really" fighting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    It would be pretty cool if the alliance raid is basically they killing all the Loa's but I dont think it's feasible for blizzard to have one raid for each faction, maybe the horde faces other enemies with similar mechanics?
    That would be so cool but the horde will need another skin of bosses and probably only samedi will be the loa that would make sense to fight for both alliance and horde

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That was krasus

EDIT: @Faroth Don't forget, Azshara went from contested to Horde, and the Alliance didn't get a matching level-up zone for Worgen.

Also, Shandris would be a great Grand Commander of the Alliance, I think.
    Hey at least in Wolfheart the alliance pushed the horde out against Garrosh and currently most of the fights on the table missions take places in the northwest of the eastern kingdomes and in barrens as you send soldiers to kick out forsakens in theramore and sabotaging the smugglers in the barrens
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Can't speak for 8.1 but I would really like the final raid tier be the Nagas and Azshara. Use 8.1 to setup her hinted betrayal of Nzoth who we fight in 8.1. We win but Azshara takes Nzoths powers. 8.2 final raid we fight Azshara who's trying to do something world ending with combined powers of hers, Nzoth, and Azerite. She fails because us duh but and the only part I really want to happen. We all got played Nzoth planned everything and as Azshara dies he burts from the ocean rising his part of the old empire. Which causes more damage then deathwing when he returned, xpac ends with factions scrambling the world is damaged beyond natural repair. Wow2 starts here five years after Nzoth took over Azeroth. All of Kalimdore is part of the new black empire, EK is a mix of all races some working as one untitled faction (players) alliance ane horde still live through major npcs and a new form of progress after hitting max level where you can pledgd to Alliance, Horde or untitled(all races) faction. Questing and story are about surviving think gurrila military tactics, hiding citizens etc. We live under the fear of Nzoth and his followers who hunt players down. Any how rambled I just think Nzoth winning and messing up the wold is the best way to do wow2 or Watercraft4 bleep the statuesque lets lose!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Its almost as if *gasp* alliance had more leveling zones to begin with.

Zulduzar does have a lot of large, open rooms in the temple that currently have a whole lot of nothing in them.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its almost as if *gasp* alliance had more leveling zones to begin with.
    Yeah, that part is fine, it's more the flavor that I'm talking about. The Goblins got a whole leveling zone to themselves. The Worgen had to share with everyone else. The Goblins got crap-tons of towns all over creation. The Worgen got one tiny town in Blasted Lands and a few buildings scattered here and there. It's very lop-sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    All that I know is that the scenario to unlock Zandalari will have to do with a new loa so we can get our prelate
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Alliance scenario involved rebuilding the Tidesages in some way, just so we can get that paladin/shaman mirroring.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's true but at least the Worgen can still access their original starting zone. It's not very useful at the moment due to being covered in blight and undead but I'm still hoping blizz turns that into something good. With Kezan we just got an island covered in lava and now a dungeon that's just a little to heavy with the trash mobs.