Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Only you would be so silly to be mad at a publishing name on the box.

Activision was a wtf moment, but not an "omg this game is going to suck cause it has their name on it!" moment. It's more surprising Activision actually cared to go out and get a western publishing deal for a game like this as generally they don't care about publishing quality games and only cash grabs.
    Oh only you who result to personal insults when someone disagree with you or have different opinion than you really. Really it is getting old just grow up and accept the fact that no everyone should call you "Your majesty and follow you religiously and put a red carpet while you stride to your glorious quest of knowing everything about everyone.

And I trust your words because? let me guess you secretly work behind the scene with Activation and Fromsoftware you are like the batman of these companies eh? man really again this is my opinion my taste and my own feeling as I said I don't see it as horrible or silly as you said (you are the silly one if you think I am mad in real life), I just have mix feeling I didn't say anything about mad did I? or are you trying to tell me what should I feel and try to control my feeling too ? really grow up man insulting others just because they have different point of view is not making you any better in fact it makes you immature really again grow up and shut up and accept that others are different than you ok? thanks for reading.

*Activision name on box it must be a CoD clone!!!!!!!!!

Your freak out is highly amusing and cute.

But... that's not what he said. It's pretty clear that publishers have a pretty firm, if not lethal, grasp on developers and it's only realistic to take a few steps back when faced with either Activision, Ubisoft or EA. However, as said, not all published games are in the grasps of the publishers during their development. It's hopeful that only part of the publishing is done by Activision, though there is plenty of precedent of games having entirely different in-game RM stores or features, because of said publisher, than their original version. Publishers simply have that kind of power.

Let's hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    But... that's not what he said. It's pretty clear that publishers have a pretty firm, if not lethal, grasp on developers and it's only realistic to take a few steps back when faced with either Activision, Ubisoft or EA. However, as said, not all published games are in the grasps of the publishers during their development. It's hopeful that only part of the publishing is done by Activision, though there is plenty of precedent of games having entirely different in-game RM stores or features, because of said publisher, than their original version. Publishers simply have that kind of power.

Let's hope for the best.
    If it is possible to earn 11/10 facepalms you just did.

From Software self publishes all of their own games. They only find people to "publish" aka "distribute" the games is the west as they have no western presence to handle it. They own the IPs, they own the games, they publish their own games in Japan.

It's like calling Witcher 3 a WB game because they published it in NA.

I'm sorry the point flew over your head and I had to explain it for you, but it actually is that irrelevant. This is not Activision paying From Sotfware to make a game for them. This is them paying them for the rights to distribute their game in the west.

10+ Year Old Account

Hah! nice try mister I know it all :P

I am not freaking out or anything but yeah my mix feeling is my own you don't have the right to control it or mock it because as I said it will make you looks very immature which is not a very far fetch possibility because of your posts but yeah I get used to the likes of you in real life. Bring it on anytime haha.

If it is possible to earn 11/10 facepalms you just did.

From Software self publishes all of their own games. They only find people to "publish" aka "distribute" the games is the west as they have no western presence to handle it. They own the IPs, they own the games, they publish their own games in Japan.

It's like calling Witcher 3 a WB game because they published it in NA.

I'm sorry the point flew over your head and I had to explain it for you, but it actually is that irrelevant. This is not Activision paying From Sotfware to make a game for them. This is them paying them for the rights to distribute their game in the west.
    Im confused. What makes you think I said anything different from what you are saying? Because I just said exactly what you are saying.

I would even suggest that I should facepalm as hard as you did, for facepalming over something that is literally the same as what you said.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2018-06-11 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sekiro kinda reminded me of Onimusha series damn I loved the first three games of that series.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's a true single player game with only one class to start with unlike Dark Souls. Can't wait for this game.

Looks like a good marriage of a bunch of cool systems/games I like.

Has the Tenchu stealth elements, has the good Dark Souls ish combat hybridized with the Bloodborne speed and trick weapons (the arm). I'm pretty pumped for it. I am finishing up DS1 Remaster which is going to put me in another game hole for a while

10+ Year Old Account
    Very solid video, it gives a lot of important information about the game. So spoilers if you don't want to watch it.

Last edited by Velshin; 2018-06-14 at 04:09 AM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

New trailer released in Japan, this game looks TOO good.

The boss battle at 1:47 looks like from software hasnt lost the magic just yet. hype thrusters are on full

And as a youtuber commentator pointed out at 1:09 the combat is NOT gonna be easy with parrying being so vital and you get that kinda speed going LOL
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-09-10 at 10:01 PM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

7+ Year Old Account
    Watched a video on the ole youtube where activision/from software confirmed that acti were pushing more tutorials to explain gameplay features, and basically open up more information which in "souls" games have generally been left to the user to figure out on their own.

Do you think this is a good move with all the new gameplay elements with sekiro, and that explaining the features more clearly is a good thing and is something lacked from previous dark souls/bloodborne game or do you cringe at the thought of activision giving "tips" to the masters at fromsoftware
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-02-14 at 07:45 AM.

how more tutorial/explaining should be a bad move?

I think the fact its activision alone is a big factor in why the game has so little buzz. I know a lot of people who love fromtsoftware and the souls games in particular but have shown no interest in this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    Because it takes away from the FromSoftware/Souls experience of exploring and figuring out stuff on your own with as little as possible handed to you by the game, next steps will naturally be things like minimap/map with quest markers, quest logs etc as Activision is looking to push this series to a wider audience

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people are sick of having their hand held and like to use their brain.

Its not like video games have a set timeplay limit and must be rushed to completion on release day
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-02-15 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Because it takes away from the FromSoftware/Souls experience
    From Software existed before Souls, makes more then Souls games and this is in no way shape or form a Souls game or even a spiritual member of the series like Bloodborne so if we could stop comparing them simply because they share a developer and head guy you will probably get a far more unbiased take on it.

Anyone going into this game expecting a Souls game is likely to be disappointed. Be interested in the game for what it is, not what it is not and if it's not enough to interest you then don't buy it and come shit up this thread in a month comparing it to a series it's not a part of.

This game won't be for all Souls fans and is clearly a more action and set piece driven game, perfectly fine to not like it or like it. We don't need to hold it to some imaginary standards, it's not Dark Souls 4, it's not Demon's Souls 2 and its definitely not Bloodborne 2 not sure how Miyazaki can make that more clear.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-02-14 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    A lot of people are sick of having their hand held and like to use their brain.

Its not like video games have a set timeplay limit and must be rushed to completion on release day
    and thats what does it has to do with a better tutorial? i mean, how many people discovered the locked camera only very late in their experience? or worse, never discovered at all? the request is only to make something better than little inscriptions on the floor....

and thats what does it has to do with a better tutorial? i mean, how many people discovered the locked camera only very late in their experience? or worse, never discovered at all? the request is only to make something better than little inscriptions on the floor....
    Nioh just has 'the dojo' where its a separate training location you select from the menu, you can even select stuff like 'ninja' to learn the specifics to get into a ninja build rather than a samurai or magic one for example. Honestly theres a lot of things Nioh does that fromsoft could learn from.

7+ Year Old Account
    How about pressing every button and seeing what it does? Or is that too much to expect from modern players?