Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Why would you use a boost on a DK ? He's already lvl 60 when you create him.
    We already have a bad reputation within the DK's community. Everytime I pug with a DK, they are either so full of themselves, or just plain bad. If people want to use a boosted char on a DK, then it doesn't help.
    The learning curve is shorter when you play a DK than any other char (except DH) when you don't use a boost.
    It gets boring having to tell them how to play their class or ask them to be humble. They're easily the 2nd (or maybe third) most hated class in WoW for a reason.

Deleted
    Most of the people I know plays either lock/mage/hunter or rogue and they have absolutley no problem at all finding mythic+ groups even though I surpass their ilvl and do decent amount of damage in mythic+. We are usually online at different times due to work and dont have a lot of time to push as a team. They have no problem at all finding +10 groups or +9 but when I try to apply as unholy "DENIED". People dont want unholy DKs in their team. They want mage cuz mage is mage, they want rogue cuz shroud skip or lock for gateway. I really hope they do something to unholy soon because I dont want to be forced playing tank like I have had to do a few times in order to find a group, when I actually want to play DPS. Feelsbad.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandwizowed View Post
    Most of the people I know plays either lock/mage/hunter or rogue and they have absolutley no problem at all finding mythic+
    If the casual community is silly, the part who does m+ is even worse.

I did over 750 15-key-runs in legion (says my r.io addon) and I made sure when I tanked to get rid of FOTM (rogue/mage/hunter) in most of them.

You can't fight ignorance and stupidity, you can punish them - as TANK - but in the long run you are better of with normal players, do guild or fixed m+ groups.

unholy isn't close to being strong, logs tend to agree with this sentiment. Kind of tired of frost which is the easier spec to pick up doing way more dmg on logs.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blood DK is best tank, but as dps DK is just falling behind in every aspect.
    Survivability is bad, self healing is terrible, movement skills non existing and clunky as fuck, we dont bring anything unique to the groip (30 rp for BR is a joke, make it free) and dps is always falling far far behind
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

that feel when you're 90 percentile unholy doing 9k dps on a fight others are doing 13-16k on. Feels undertuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarox View Post
    Well I used boost in legion for my Dk and now hes in same spot as my enhancement shaman xD guess i pick wrong classes to play
    Next time boost a rogue or a warrior. Safest bets from among melee classes.

Deleted
    Hotfixes 10 september, not a single buff towards DK. Losing hope.

Deleted
    Feels real good through Uldir so far, grip is unreplaceable. That plus the amount of CC needed makes Unholy top tier to bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandwizowed View Post
    Hotfixes 10 september, not a single buff towards DK. Losing hope.
    Yeah, not sure how much data Blizz need to address the problems with DK. Not even sure what they have been doing during beta with the feedback...

Class Uniqueness and Utility

One area we’re trying to focus on across all classes is to better emphasize what makes each class unique and provide greater distinction among their various capabilities, especially when it comes to utility—tools that fall outside of core role functions like damage, healing, or mitigation. Part of what makes you feel excitement and pride in your class is pulling off a heroic moment and feeling the appreciation of your group when individually contributing to a shared success. That feeling is eroded when so many classes bring similar abilities, and you feel you’re rarely providing something distinctive. More differentiation in this area will create situations where another class can do something that you can’t, but you will similarly bring tools to the table that your allies lack.
    Taken from: DEVELOPER WATERCOOLER: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH CLASS DESIGN OVERVIEW.

Only thing unique of the DK it is the class with lowest utility, lowest mobility and class devs that forget that this class is in the game also.

For example it would be nice if we could use the "Horn of winter - The Death Knight blows the Horn of Winter, increasing attack power of all party and raid members within 100 yards by 10% for 1 hour." again raids/party. Gaining a bit of utility back.

Classes that are performing better and have load of mobility get a base 5% dps increase this week, beside other buffs they got earlier. DK is known for having not much mobility, I'm fine with that, but give something in return to address that.

Really want to see a Blizz employee playing this class and explaining how this class don't need any buffs. I was actually expecting some buffs...

DK does need buffs, but we need mechanical reworks to how we do damage, not mobility or utility or anything else.

Honestly, all of you complaining about mobility -- did you put Death's Advance on your bar? its one of the best mobility skills in the game. Same for utility -- grip has been irreplaceable in Uldir / M+ so far.

It is, however, annoying how auto attacks make up so much of our damage, and how no ability hits for any noticeable amount of damage. My 113 ret regularly crits for 16-18k with TV, my 346 120 unholy's maximum crit was 12k... Feels kinda bad, even though my actual dps is decent. Far from the top, but not so bad I get sat just for playing a DK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    It is, however, annoying how auto attacks make up so much of our damage, and how no ability hits for any noticeable amount of damage. My 113 ret regularly crits for 16-18k with TV, my 346 120 unholy's maximum crit was 12k... Feels kinda bad, even though my actual dps is decent. Far from the top, but not so bad I get sat just for playing a DK.
    I dont realy mind many smaller numbers instead of big crits, what does not feel good in my opinion is the lack of damage from our VP. Would like it to tick heavier or have something intresting about it instead of just normal dot.

Deleted
    DK does need buffs, but we need mechanical reworks to how we do damage, not mobility or utility or anything else.

Honestly, all of you complaining about mobility -- did you put Death's Advance on your bar? its one of the best mobility skills in the game. Same for utility -- grip has been irreplaceable in Uldir / M+ so far.

Yeah i agree with this.. see no problem with mobility in regards to boss fights.. perhaps when m+ is getting really high and you need every second to move through the dungeon then yes DK might fall behind.

I cant agree more with the abilities not being noticeable. i dont care for big chaos bolt numbers but to have something that hits hard would be nice apart from MELE from pet/aotd/ourselves.

I would just love to see something done with our dot, it feels sooooo boring to just chuck this dot up on a 13-16 second debuff and then do it again later.

Quote Originally Posted by Friggster View Post
    I dont realy mind many smaller numbers instead of big crits, what does not feel good in my opinion is the lack of damage from our VP. Would like it to tick heavier or have something intresting about it instead of just normal dot.
    Nah, VP isn't the solution, VP is the problem. I'd much rather they nerf VP / make epidemic baseline (and also make it reduce cd on dark transformation like death coil), and move more damage to festering wounds / death & decay.

Right now the AoE wound pop talent is a dead meme because VP one does more on both aoe and single target, and I rather we have actual talent choices, than be forced into being a 'ghetto affliction'. I'm a plate class with a two-hander for arthases' sake, I want to hit hard -- not tickle things until they die with dots.

Yeah i agree with this.. see no problem with mobility in regards to boss fights.. perhaps when m+ is getting really high and you need every second to move through the dungeon then yes DK might fall behind.
    What you lose in moving around slower for maybe ~a minute tops throughout an entire mythic, you more than make up for with how insane your aoe is. When you use your pet cleave / epidemic / D&D clawing shadows optimally, no other class can compete with you on how reliable unholy is in just DESTROYING trash packs right now.

Boss DPS is kinda meh, but that's honestly nothing to do with mobility in 95% of cases. Auto attacks making up so much of our dps is -sort of- a mobility issue, but I feel like a better way to fix it is buffing skill damage, not giving us more mobility.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2018-09-11 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    Getting denied pretty often in m+ and uldir hc raid. Its still unbelievable how they removed DKs dispel and gave to DH which is one of the best classes for m+, with darkness highest mobility, aoe stun etc.

Deleted
    Nah, VP isn't the solution, VP is the problem. I'd much rather they nerf VP / make epidemic baseline (and also make it reduce cd on dark transformation like death coil), and move more damage to festering wounds / death & decay.

Right now the AoE wound pop talent is a dead meme because VP one does more on both aoe and single target, and I rather we have actual talent choices, than be forced into being a 'ghetto affliction'. I'm a plate class with a two-hander for arthases' sake, I want to hit hard -- not tickle things until they die with dots.

What you lose in moving around slower for maybe ~a minute tops throughout an entire mythic, you more than make up for with how insane your aoe is. When you use your pet cleave / epidemic / D&D clawing shadows optimally, no other class can compete with you on how reliable unholy is in just DESTROYING trash packs right now.

Boss DPS is kinda meh, but that's honestly nothing to do with mobility in 95% of cases. Auto attacks making up so much of our dps is -sort of- a mobility issue, but I feel like a better way to fix it is buffing skill damage, not giving us more mobility.
    Hmm OK i think i could see that working also, just a straight buff to our single target abilities as well. did you play during festerblight times also? i mean i love, personally speaking, the rot style of play of a DK with a few hard hitting abilities (Death coil, Scourge Strike) but like you said they dont hit anything noticeable.

Was discussing on another thread about AWS and how that is very mundane and boring, perhaps something to do with that could be changed to provide a petless spec with increased ST damage on spells etc.

Deleted
    I think we just have different ideals of what a unholy DK should be. Because in my mind, an unholy DK is a walking manifestation of death and decay, spreading their plague wherever they go.

just don't feel right to have our dot be a "press this button once every 20 second ish"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friggster View Post
    I think we just have different ideals of what a unholy DK should be. Because in my mind, an unholy DK is a walking manifestation of death and decay, spreading their plague wherever they go.

just don't feel right to have our dot be a "press this button once every 20 second ish"
    See i'm the same, i think a DK is a walking pestilence of rot whilst controlling undead to do its bidding, but to then have our dots be boring AF is just ZzZzZzZ

I agree the DG really shines, both in M+ and in Uldir, the latter being a nice surprise.
    As far as mobility goes, Death's Advance is solid, way better than WW was during Legion, and the ability to have both WW and DA is nice (though obviously putting a mobility talent on the same line as a self-heal just sucks). Give us back a +10% mobility passive, purely for class fantasy ofc, and I'll be perfectly happy with our mobility.

Just checked, autoattack did about 12% of my damage on Zek'voz, that does soon reasonable. I agree about the small numbers though, obliterate hits like a wet noodle (max crit 18k at 346 ilvl).

Deleted
    I just leave this here https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...3532393?page=3 since blizz Not realy care about is...