Deleted

How to qualify for the weekly PVP chest?

Easy answer in the title, wether I am too stupid to find the right answer when I search for it or there is none.

Do I need the 500 Conquest Cap or a certain amount of ranked wins anywhere?

Once you hit the 500 conquest point, there is a quest to turn in at the PVP area in Zuldazar or Kul'tiras for the item. (first item for me was a weapon)

Don't quote me here but I believe the conquest points reset each day. And there is a way to change the item, with some sort of tokens. Haven't gotten that far yet.

Deleted
    Not really true. That turn in is just that, turn in, not weekly chest. And CP doesnt reset every day.
    Blue clarified that you need to fill conquest cap for the week and you will get reward based on your rank. But there are some people saying you get reward based on the rank you won one game in during that week. But what if i didnt win any games? For example, i got to 500CP cap and just joined 1 2v2 arena and lost fast, just to play anything rated.
    Would i qualify for 355ilvl item after weekly reset?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    Not really true. That turn in is just that, turn in, not weekly chest. And CP doesnt reset every day.
    Blue clarified that you need to fill conquest cap for the week and you will get reward based on your rank. But there are some people saying you get reward based on the rank you won one game in during that week. But what if i didnt win any games? For example, i got to 500CP cap and just joined 1 2v2 arena and lost fast, just to play anything rated.
    Yeah, so much for an explanation. Still not clear if you need to win a ranked game in the bracket.
    But going by how it worked in Legion in which you only needed to gather the Honor to receive the item and be able to roll, one would assume you will only need to fill the conquest bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Yeah, so much for an explanation. Still not clear if you need to win a ranked game in the bracket.
    How is it not clear? "If you’ve filled up your Conquest bar for the week, you’ll receive a reward in the chest of an appropriate item level. The item level of the reward will be based on the highest bracket in which you won at least one game last week. "

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...rating-updates

We've known for almost 3 months now that you need to fill up conquest, and win a game, for the weekly pvp chest. Everyone's acting like its sudden news...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    How is it not clear? "If you’ve filled up your Conquest bar for the week, you’ll receive a reward in the chest of an appropriate item level. The item level of the reward will be based on the highest bracket in which you won at least one game last week. "

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...rating-updates

We've known for almost 3 months now that you need to fill up conquest, and win a game, for the weekly pvp chest. Everyone's acting like its sudden news...
    Because it's detailed like shit. Must have been hard to say "If you’ve filled up your Conquest bar for the week AND WON AT LEAST 1 RATED MATCH IN A BRACKET, you’ll receive a reward in the chest of an appropriate item level. "

Nowhere does it say what you receive or don't receive if you don't win a rated match.

And there's more. This "In order to gain loot for the Weekly Cache (the chest in Mugambala and Hook Point), you must complete your Conquest cap for this week."

What if you do half of the bar this week and half of the bar next week. Or if you don't fill the bar at all for 4-5 weeks and the start gaining conquest. Do you have to get to the latest week to be able to earn the EOW reward?
    Last edited by mmoc99a1d430b1; 2018-09-11 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Because it's detailed like shit. Must have been hard to say "If you’ve filled up your Conquest bar for the week AND WON AT LEAST 1 RATED MATCH IN A BRACKET, you’ll receive a reward in the chest of an appropriate item level. "

Nowhere does it say what you receive or don't receive if you don't win a rated match.
    I literally linked the part where it says you need to win a rated match on top of filling your bar to get gear. You won't get anything in your chest if you don't win a game.

Blizzard didn't make it clear.

- - - Updated - - -

And there's more. This "In order to gain loot for the Weekly Cache (the chest in Mugambala and Hook Point), you must complete your Conquest cap for this week."

What if you do half of the bar this week and half of the bar next week. Or if you don't fill the bar at all for 4-5 weeks and the start gaining conquest. Do you have to get to the latest week to be able to earn the EOW reward?
    Good post.

Let me add that they did clarify recently about how conquests carry over to the next week. But still isn't that comprehensive of an explanation.

For anyone curious, if you did no rated PVP, you don't get access to the chest. I thought that would be the case, but Blizzard's vague wording made it seem to not be the case, but it is. Oh well.

Like the blue clarification posted, we all get one «bar» to fill of conquest per week. If you ignore pvp for 5 weeks, you have 5 bars with gear to fill at your convenience. The requirement to get the weekly PvP chest is to fill at least one conquest bar throughout the week, and potentially to play/win X amount of games (feel like I’ve read 3 somewhere) in a bracket to make that bracket decide the ilvl of your weekly chest reward.

So to get the most out of weekly pvp, you have to fill your conquest bar each week, and make sure you play games in whatever bracket you want to decide your reward. Hope that helps.

Deleted
    Not really... that 2 month old news article says won game, now they say completed one match(what does completed mean? losing is also completing it) and explanation says "if you filled up bar" and nothing else. If you entered one arena and lost, but filled up weekly cap... did you complete one match? Did you have to win it? Did you even need to do it or just fill up bar?
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2018-09-11 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    I hope not, why be rewarded for not doing anything worthy of a reward?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I hope not, why be rewarded for not doing anything worthy of a reward?
    So playing 1 game and winning is worthy, but not winning that one, but getting same amount of CP(or more) through other ways is not worthy? Just because you dont have anyone to play with, so you play queue PvP only... wow, thats great view