Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ah, another pointless thread made by someone trying to hype Classic up more than retail. Always worth a chuckle. Thank you good sir and/or madam.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    No, no they wont. People who only run m0 will never be at the same point gearwise as someone who pushes keys. Same in PvP, those who push the ladder will have higher gear.

Link me ONE who have several titanforge pieces that are at the level of mythic gear from casual play (m0, warfronts, LFR, normal raids). I'll give you the entire expansion to find ONE example where this will happen. And if you do, I promise I will delete all my characters I've spent the last decade playing and post it on youtube for you.
    Define casual play to me? Do you mean low skilled play or do you mean plays 30 minutes at time twice a week?

Yes people are already pushing 360ilv with warfront spamming alone it isn't outrageous to think they won't push past that further in time. Your right they won't be exactly the same as mythic raiders but if that is really the only spot where power progression works at then the system isn't healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting Journey View Post
    Define casual play to me? Do you mean low skilled play or do you mean plays 30 minutes at time twice a week?

Yes people are already pushing 360ilv with warfront spamming alone it isn't outrageous to think they won't push past that further in time. Your right they won't be exactly the same as mythic raiders but if that is really the only spot where power progression works at then the system isn't healthy.
    As I said - m0, warfronts, LFR, normal raids, that sort of casual stuff that takes no commitment to do.

Pushing 360 with warfront alone? Doubt it, to be honest. 360+ by doing Warfront with M+ and some raiding? Sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    by the time you have the max obtainable gear from RNG
    it will become the base item level for 8.1 and free epics will be dropping everywhere of equal item level

change my mind

#waitingforclassic
    ALl your gearing and leveling efforts are a waste as they will raise the lvl cap again in 2 years, change my mind.

TC doesnt know what a gear treadmill is.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

it will become the base item level for 8.1 and free epics will be dropping everywhere of equal item level

change my mind

#waitingforclassic
    Do you want some cheese with that whine?

So is this an anti ease.of gearing for raids thread an anti RNG thread or a WoW is dying thread.

Oh well doesn't matter just keep raging against the machine. I'll continue to reap the benefits of putting less time into gearing and there by raiding in a difficulty other than LFR

- - - Updated - - -

Not really... yeah I get the point your trying to make but thanks to all the "features" added everyone but perhaps mythic raiders end at the same place. It might take a bit longer but linear loot progression is dead.
    Is linear loot progression really all that important? I mean it was nice knowing factually what you need to do to get currency and buy it but I'm not certain I would take that over being able to do 4 or 5 different things to gear up for raiding.

But on the other hand this is because I just don't remember the dungeon grind fondly. They could easily make the 4 or 5 things award badges for instance and it could serve the same purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    So is this an anti ease.of gearing for raids thread an anti RNG thread or a WoW is dying thread.

Oh well doesn't matter just keep raging against the machine. I'll continue to reap the benefits of putting less time into gearing and there by raiding in a difficulty other than LFR

- - - Updated - - -

Is linear loot progression really all that important? I mean it was nice knowing factually what you need to do to get currency and buy it but I'm not certain I would take that over being able to do 4 or 5 different things to gear up for raiding.

But on the other hand this is because I just don't remember the dungeon grind fondly. They could easily make the 4 or 5 things award badges for instance and it could serve the same purpose
    I think it is for the longevity of the game. Even now in your question you only consider the means to a end how can I gear for raids? I think that is the wrong way to look at it. The goal shouldn't just be a made dash to raid but a progression path that starts before it. Dungeons should never of been reduced to something were success was a sure thing.

This newish concept of just throwing mindless, impossible to lose at content isn't a sustainable model in my opinion. Eventually people see how hollow it is and leave in droves. WoW for better or worse needs a difficulty ladder.

Deleted
    titanforge should have a 15ilvl cap, then i would be happy.
    im 361 ilvl atm, ive cleared heroic and normal uldir and done several m5+ and a single m10, crafted 2 370s.. but the highest piece i got is a 380 titanforged belt, from a emissary quest.. its stupid.
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2018-09-11 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Can blizzard finally get classic servers up already, and round up these vanilla clowns in a cesspool of their own? That'll be the greatest service blizzard has ever done to the WoW community as a whole.
    Won't stop them, seeing as how Classic simply isn't this fountain of never-ending content and challenge that these clowns are 'membering in their collective delusion.

Once Classic has been out long enough, the whinge for TBC servers will begin, all the while they'll be keeping up this incessant pestering of the games' actual fans.

I think it is for the longevity of the game. Even now in your question you only consider the means to a end how can I gear for raids? I think that is the wrong way to look at it. The goal shouldn't just be a made dash to raid but a progression path that starts before it. Dungeons should never of been reduced to something were success was a sure thing.

This newish concept of just throwing mindless, impossible to lose at content isn't a sustainable model in my opinion. Eventually people see how hollow it is and leave in droves. WoW for better or worse needs a difficulty ladder.
    Yeah mindless content isn't very nice. And I would like it to be an improved difficulty level. But I don't think that they should slow the gear treadmill down.

Also your first paragraph as you "critiquing" the way I play the game. I play to raid therefore my frame of mind will end in that goal. It's not a right or wrong deal and is as shallow as it sounds

Not if you want to raid it isn't.

Deleted
    Gearing up for molten core is a waste of time, because molten core drops better gear anyway

The logic is as stupid as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Not if you want to raid it isn't.
    Not sure what you are referring to really just replying in case you are replying to me because if so context would be nice

This is how it works since vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Deleted
    it all got ruined when people cried that accessing Molten Core was too hard and time consuming for all the pre-reqs.... fucking whiners

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to really just replying in case you are replying to me because if so context would be nice
    It was to the OP's statement gearing past 345 is a waste of time, which it obviously isn't if you plan on raiding beyond LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    All your gearing efforts are a waste of time because items are virtual and they will be replaced eventually. Pointless thread.
    your entire life is a waste of time, because you'll die anyway

change my mind

#waitingforclassic
    Everything you do in WoW is useless because the game progresses, making older content lose value.
    Do you not watch any movies because newer movies might be better?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    your entire life is a waste of time, because you'll die anyway
    That is true, but that isn't a reason to not do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Oh thanks for clarifying!

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Everything you do in WoW is useless because the game progresses, making older content lose value.
    Do you not watch any movies because newer movies might be better?

- - - Updated - - -

That is true, but that isn't a reason to not do anything.
    yeah it was kinda referring more to OP than to the guy I quoted, it just flowed better from his reply I guess.

my point with that was that who cares if its gonna become irrelevant if you enjoy getting the gear, and if you dont, then why are you doing it in the first place