Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No it hasn't. i got two pieces and i only did a +2. There goes your theory.
    amory or it didnt happen?

Even if i get an azerite peace, chance is high that it will be worse than my 340, becasue the traits are so unbelieveable unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    I still have 330 trinkets for god sakes.
    The Darkmoon 355 trinkets are cheap like dirt if you mostly just want your primary stat or the Epic achievement lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Better to stick with lower azerite that is fully unlocked. Chasing AP is pointless with how the mechanics works for AP weekly. But it is possible what is an upgrade now is discarded in the near future.
    Definitely not. The last two traits in particular are hardly ever worth not upgrading over.

I'm fine with 1 item per week.

What I'm not fine with is azerite not dropping from end of dungeon chests. That means at the end of the week you're praying to get the exact piece you want from a pool of a hundred items or whatever which is just impossible to get.

The only solution they could do is make it so the upper keys have chances at azerite gear in the dungeons

+7 - 355
    +8 - 360
    +9 - 365
    +10 - 370

This allows mythic raiding to still provide the highest item level and mythic dungeon gear to be on par with heroic and keep the small chance in the chest
    Last edited by xpose; 2018-09-11 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    The way they're handling azerite gear is bazaar. They put themselves in a position to where your only options of getting decent gear is through low level pve content or once a week raids with a low off chance of the mythic chest.

They can't make it so azerite gear drops in mythic+ since that would defeat the gear in raids and I'm guessing they can't stagger the item level of it either without some drastic change to the system since it impacts the traits.
    of course they could stagger the ilevel, the traits scale with ilevel just fine, they arent some predefined values, the last ilevel trait even boosts the traits by the minuscule ammount. They just dont want to.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    The only solution they could do is make it so the upper keys have chances at azerite gear in the dungeons

+7 - 355
    +8 - 360
    +9 - 365
    +10 - 370

This allows mythic raiding to still provide the highest item level and mythic dungeon gear to be on par with heroic and keep the small chance in the chest
    This is what I would have expected from the start tbh.

The two biggest gripes I have about BfA are the Azerite armor system and the rep requirement for finishing your war campaign with very limited ways of gaining rep. The rep isn't THAT big of a deal, it's just annoying.

I get anxious when I get a new piece of Azerite armor because I don't know what the requirements to unlock all of the traits will be, even when it's the same ilevel as my current gear. I received 3 pieces of Azerite gear for the same slot, with the same ilevel. One from a WQ, one from the emissary cache, and one from a dungeon drop. All three had different Azerite requirements for each tier. One was something like 8,12 and 16; another was like 14, 18 and 22 and the last was 16, 20 and 24...or something. Main issue was that on one I could unlock 2/3 of the traits with a fair bit of time until I could get the third, and the other two I could only unlock 1/3 of the traits and was a LONG way away from unlocking the second and third traits.

The unlock requirements are ridiculously inconsistent and the grind it takes to level your Heart of Azeroth to levels above ~15-16 (currently) is insane. It's going to take weeks for me to unlock all of the traits on the pieces of gear I already have, going at the pace I am (which admittedly, is slow and casual), which is stupid because I'll likely have replaced those pieces with newer better pieces that have even higher requirements. Going by this information and my pace, I'll never have a piece of Azerite gear fully unlocked (as I keep replacing it with newer gear with higher requirements) until the end of the expansion and my ilevel stops increasing.

As a slow and casual player who doesn't raid a lot and certainly isn't in a progression raiding guild, having the traits unlocked isn't required, I get that. It's still incredibly frustrating, which to me just doesn't seem like good design.

I'll wait and see how the system ends up panning out over the course of the expansion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    complain in enough volume and they might revert it back again.
    Doubt people will manage to complain enough for Blizzard to change their minds. Vote with your wallet instead and unsub until they make enough changes for the game to be fun again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaewalk View Post
    Opened my chest and was shocked to see that I only got a pair of 380 trash gloves.
    What the fuck how did you get ilvl 400 allready!?
    how the fuck is 380 gloves "trash"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Wouldn't be so bad except the cache is the only way to get those items above 340 ilevel. The traits themselves aren't bad I rather like them but the system they are housed in is awful.

You can either have 340 items with best traits or 355/370/385 with pretty bad traits. Or you can win the lottery and get 380 with best traits.

Azerite items should of never been able to be in the cache (weapons aswell)

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Wouldn't be so bad except the cache is the only way to get those items above 340 ilevel. The traits themselves aren't bad I rather like them but the system they are housed in is awful.

You can either have 340 items with best traits or 355/370/385 with pretty bad traits. Or you can win the lottery and get 380 with best traits.

Azerite items should of never been able to be in the cache (weapons aswell)
    Hopefully when bfa crashes and burns they learn to stop relying on time gating and rng so much to spread that thin content out.

Bring back tbc heroics that will give players something to chew on.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Therein lies the problem, some traits (or a combination of traits on an Azerite item) are so good that trait > ilvl by a sizable amount. It's akin to the Thrash trait in BfA for bears, which was worth 40-60 ilvl on top of the ilvl of the relic. I actually have a 355 chestpiece with terrible traits which sims to a DPS loss of 1k over a 340 with good traits, which is ridiculous. Unfortunately, nerfing some of these traits has the side effect of nerfing the potential of some specs, since their power may be heavily reliant upon or balanced around certain Azerite traits. However, I don't think Blizz will do much about the traits since they're supposes to be tier set bonus to Legion legendary in power... and we know how that system turned out when you did or did not have certain bonuses or legendaries.

If anything, I'd want mythic+ dungeons to be able to drop Azerite loot at the end chest. They could either incrementally scale the ilvl of the Azerite gear or just make it so fixed ilvls (355/370) drop for certain brackets of mythic+ dungeon completions.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back when we ran MC you could go weeks without getting a useful drop for yourself.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Back when we ran MC you could go weeks without getting a useful drop for yourself.
    Okay but this is 13 years later and what was was relevant in a 40 man raid hardly means anything now.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Go get these armor where they drop instead of crying about how they don't drop in the very narrow place where you decided to confine yourself to for absolutely no valid reason.
    Are you pretending? Azerite gear doesn't drop in m+ dungeons. So the only change to get a >340iL azerite item from dungeons is the weekly m+ chest where you can get one out of EVERY ITEM in the loot tables of all 10 dungeons. Can't you see a tiny little problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    Are you pretending? Azerite gear doesn't drop in m+ dungeons. So the only change to get a >340iL azerite item from dungeons is the weekly m+ chest where you can get one out of EVERY ITEM in the loot tables of all 10 dungeons. Can't you see a tiny little problem with that?
    There is, but the bigger problem here is refusing to do other content. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    There is, but the bigger problem here is refusing to do other content. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
    Not everyone has the time to attend raids tho. M+ was an interesting alternative for those people. And not everyone wants to do PvP for a chance for some azerite gear. Why force people to do content they don't enjoy or don't have time for in order to progress in content they actually enjoy? I'd call that bad gamedesign..

Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    Not everyone has the time to attend raids tho. M+ was an interesting alternative for those people. And not everyone wants to do PvP for a chance for some azerite gear. Why force people to do content they don't enjoy or don't have time for in order to progress in content they actually enjoy? I'd call that bad gamedesign..
    Raiding only takes 6 hours a week. If you only do 6 hours a M+ a week you're basically not getting shit. M+ only works because you can do it nonstop, it's far more time consuming than raiding. Not to mention it's harder. Only Mythic raiding takes some form of skill, normal and heroic requires close to nothing in time, skills and commitment.

The argument that raiding takes time is factual bullshit.