Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Joy's whole plotline sucked, honestly i wish Davos had killed her.

Dany got better, but honestly he makes a better supporting character rather than lead.

Ward and Colleen are the pillars of the show, hell I would watch a show where it was just Ward running the business.

Walker was an excellent character.

Im hopeful for season three.

Didn't care for any of the Marvel netflix shows apart from JJ1, so I really don't care about Iron Fist. God that first season was abominable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    See, with me, I read Asgard/Shi'ar and was like how the fuck did Aaron manage to make THIS so weak?
    Yeah, if you didn't like Shi'ar War or War Thor, you're not going to like Death anyway. Out of interst, what part of those arcs did you think was weak?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

She doesn't actually replace him. If you watched the show instead of getting scared off by what someone else says who prob didn't watch it either you would know this. I'm not going to say more because I don't think I should spoil it for anyone but watch it if you like the character/show. Its much better than S1.

I would like to see a Danny Rand the Gunslinger show tbh, now that the Iron Fist is in the right hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, if you didn't like Shi'ar War or War Thor, you're not going to like Death anyway. Out of interst, what part of those arcs did you think was weak?
    All of it. The writing and dialogue were absolutely bland, the story was meh, the characterization was forgettable, even the action didn't come across as overly impressive. There was literally nothing noteworthy or memorable about the entire arcs, just bland and unmemorable through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Watching Iron Fist is worth it for Ward Meachum alone, quite possibly the best character (and actor) to come out of the Marvel Netflix batch.
    I concur! That ending on the plane when he was standing outside of it I was literally shouting "Get on that plane with him! Get on that PLANE!!!"

I doubt it will ever happen, but OH MAN I would LOVE a series of Ward/Danny adventures in asia! Ward's development alone would be astronomical to watch, with him being TOTALLY out of his element in a soul-searching mission with Danny! ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I would like to see a Danny Rand the Gunslinger show tbh, now that the Iron Fist is in the right hands.
    When I saw that, I kinda wondering if they're doing a "Safe writeoff and a dual beta-test for a new series" kinda deal.

I also said they "Raidened" him off, just like Kojima did with Raiden after the MGS2 backlash. First Raiden got joked down (MGS3), then he was "reimagined" as an unusual badass in a spinoff (Revengence) and cameoed in MGS4. I feel like Danny is going the same route/treatment now - possibly for his initial unpopularity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Uh WTF. Where do you guys find this stuff and why do you keep giving these people ad revenue?

Isn't Daredevil a straight white guy who fights Asians? How many times did he beat up Elektra? Everyone fucking loves Daredevil.
    Daredevil didn't train for decades in an ancient monastery of Kung-lung found in Asia. He trained with a crusty old white dude with a stick in the bronx.

The problem isn't just Danny being a scrawny whitewashed little nitwit... it's that Danny didn't ACT like he barely had any mental training at all outside of his combat skills and barely reflected anything of his raising in Kung-Lung.

Also, apparently not everybody loves daredevil - otherwise it would be beating out Jessica Jones in viewership ratings, wouldn't it? ;P

Honestly I don’t know how anyone can really compare the actors in Daredevil/Punisher to the actors in The Iron Fist. It’s like night and day. Punisher and daredevil were both so fucking good and had actors that progressed and were able to show that progression emotionally and mentally which just doesn’t happen in the Iron First.

The actor is just really bland and boring, so much so I could barely make it through season 1 and I wasn’t a big fan of his presence in “The Defenders” either. Colleen was pretty good so I could see why she’d get more screen time. The actresses in Daredevil/punisher were also really good, Karen page specifically. She nailed her role extremely well.

The character progression in DD/Punisher compared to Iron First is night and day. Don’t think I’d wanna watch season 2 of iron fist but if Colleen is the main actor/actresss then I guess I could try it, she did really well in the defenders imo. But so far, Daredevil/punisher and Luke cage have just taken the cake for me, punisher specifically.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-09-17 at 12:56 AM.

You don't need to watch a super hero tv show/movie to know it's shit.

Are the writers that different between DD/Punisher and...the rest?

I just finished IF2 and it was a big improvement over IF1 and the Defenders. Normally, I plow through the Marvel Netflix stuff and I'm done by Saturday evening but I dragged my heels on this. Glad I caught up. Its not the best but its nice that they can learn from their mistakes.

Danny and Davos were distinctly better. Colleen and Misty were great. Ward was great. Joy backslid a little but I think they were having a little bit of trouble melding her story into Davos's. Alice Eve was terrific. The fight scenes were generally better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I just finished IF2 and it was a big improvement over IF1 and the Defenders. Normally, I plow through the Marvel Netflix stuff and I'm done by Saturday evening but I dragged my heels on this. Glad I caught up. Its not the best but its nice that they can learn from their mistakes.

Danny and Davos were distinctly better. Colleen and Misty were great. Ward was great. Joy backslid a little but I think they were having a little bit of trouble melding her story into Davos's. Alice Eve was terrific. The fight scenes were generally better.
    All you have said is true except for the fight scenes, they more ordinary than season 1, and the FIST was the trump card when he was in trouble, rather than just the executioner's blow. I can't forget season 1 when he jumps over a taxi and sommersaults in the air, now it is more enhanced human moves like that season 2 needed, without using the fist. It didn't have any, Danny looks like a normal martial arts fighter, that still has A LOT of training to do. Shouldn't he be super skilled fighter, and instead we see the progression of his fist power and his emotional maturity rather than a progression of his martial arts?

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I also said they "Raidened" him off, just like Kojima did with Raiden after the MGS2 backlash. First Raiden got joked down (MGS3), then he was "reimagined" as an unusual badass in a spinoff (Revengence) and cameoed in MGS4. I feel like Danny is going the same route/treatment now - possibly for his initial unpopularity.
    I think this is a good call, I actually liked his appearance in Luke Cage, so using him more like that might be better. Colleen is a better character so giving her the Fist is a really good call. Hopefully Danny grows up on his Gap Yah to find himself in Asia.

*nods* The "Iron Fist" was always used as a last resort.

And for absolutely no reason whatsoever:

Last edited by Shadowferal; 2018-09-19 at 09:12 PM.