Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - September 11, 2018, Classic Ex-Devs Reddit AMA, Jaina VO

Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - September 11, 2018
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Primal Rage (Command Pet ability) should now correctly reset its cooldown at the end of an encounter.
    • Warlock - Affliction Deathbolt's damage now only counts up to the maximum base duration of your DoTs. (Source)

Items

Player versus Player
    • Inevitable Demise now functions in PvP.
    • Hunter
      • Command Pet will now properly change to the appropriate ability (Survival of the Fittest, Master's Call, Primal Rage) when entering Arenas.

Raids
    • Fetid Devourer's health, and the health of Corruption Corpuscle and Mutated Mass have been lowered significantly in Mythic difficulty. (Source)

Quests
    • Grasping Thorns should now despawn when their shapers are killed during "Goldfield's War."
    • Fixed a bug that caused daily Pterrodax raising quests to disappear after entering an instance.

Warfront
    • The Warfront queue now requires a minimum item level of 320.
    • Unlocking the fifth tier of War traits now only requires defeating two unique enemy Warfront commanders (was three commanders).

Reddit AMA with 4 Former WoW Developers Wednesday
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    AMA about Vanilla WoW, with 4 former developers on reddit/classicwow, Wed Sept 12th at 4 PM EDT

John Staats, the author of The WoW Diary (thewowdiary.com), will be joined by former teammates for an AMA. Former devs include lead gameplay programmer Sam Lantinga, exterior level designer Bo Bell, and game designer Alexander Brazie. They will appear on r/classicwow Wednesday, September 12th at 4 PM EDT. We will be fielding questions from people interested in the nuts-and-bolts of how MMOs are built, demystifying the process of game development.

Bo Bell (Hapy00) created zones such as Loch Modan, Duskwood, Moonglade, Thousand Needles, Silverpine Forest, and Durotar. He helped on other zones with other exterior level designers (they all did). He worked in QA for almost two years before moving onto WoW, testing Diablo, Starcraft, and Diablo II.

Alexander Brazie (Xelnath) was a monster, dungeon, and raid designer who joined the company soon after the game launched. He worked on event design, monster design, spawning, boss fight design, pet battles, and overhauling warlock spells.

Sam Lantinga (slouken) was a lead gameplay engineer on WoW. In addition to creating the WoW UI addon system, he worked on spells, AI, and gameplay systems like phasing and battlegrounds.

John Staats (whenitsready) built half of Vanilla WoW's instanced dungeons, and 90% of its non-instanced dungeons (caves, mines, crypts, etc.), including Booty Bay, Warsong Gulch, and Loch Modan Dam.

If you have questions, please join us.

Why Does Jaina Proudmoore Sound So Familiar?
    Find out what else Jaina Proudmoore's voice actor has done in this video!

The Warfront queue now requires a minimum item level of 320.
    Why even post anything else. We all know that's what everyone's going to talk about.

Wow seems super fair for Alliance...not.
    Blizzard are real tards for this expansion so far. Props to people who did the world and music, but the systems responsable managers (Warfront / island) should be fired.

I spammed Warfront yesterday night on my 285 new 120 horde warlock and got to 319.

The Warfront queue now requires a minimum item level of 320.
    Thanks, I hate it.

This is probably the most blatant case of FUN DETECTED in a long time

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    T&E and that toddler doing a dirty protest are going to be heavily used this week.
    Incoming poop show..

"Why Does Jaina Proudmoore Sound So Familiar?"

Maybe because Laura Bailey can only do one voice?

Whelp...they may beat the WOD exodus now. Good job, devs.

It almost seems like every new addition to BfA that Blizzard adds they have to hotfix it a few days later. How is it possible to get almost everything wrong on the first try? And why do they feel this need to time-gate everything this time around.. It feels worse than ever with the end-game in BfA. Everything is just limited in terms of time invested compared to the rewards you get from doing it. It becomes so dull and boring really, really fast.

Who actually enjoys doing these World Quests over and over again? They are nothing special, and the most "important" ones are the ones giving Champions of Azeroth and Tortollan reputation and they are the most repetitive and the dullest of them all... After doing them XX-amount of times it's just no fun or engaging anymore. But we feel somewhat forced to do it as the game wants you to keep pushing for those emissaries, keeps on pushing you to get additional azerite power etc but it does not feel rewarding.

What do Blizzard do? They start limiting add-ons so you can't do these World Quests as efficient as you were used to. Sure having add-ons auto-grouping you is affecting how long time you spend on these world quests, but why limit us in the first place? I've done the quests multiple times already. It's no longer new to me, it's no longer interesting or engaging. It's just something I'm forced to do in order to complete emissaries and progress my reputations and azerite power... Don't make it even longer and duller than it has to be.

Same goes with ground-mount only. I do agree having ground-mount only in the beginning is a good choice as the content is best experienced from that point of view. But when you have completed all zones, completed all questlines, and have done every single world quests a bunch of times already why not grant access to flying mounts so I don't have to waste all this time travelling between the one dull world quest to the next? You are just making the dull and boring content even more tedious for no apparent reason other than Blizzard wanting to limit player progression.

Island Expeditions is a complete failure. It doesn't offer anything new or meaningful to the game. It's a simple randomized dungeon without any unique content or boss encounters. There is no point to them in terms of story or gameplay. The only reason I do them is in order to get the +2500 azerite power bonus for doing 4x per week. Azerite Power which is a horrible mechanic that I have to keep farming in order to get my Heart of Azeroth necklace higher level and in order to get higher level azerite gear useful as without a high heart of azeroth level you are simply better of with lower level azerite gear with all traits unlocked instead of higher level azerite gear with their traits locked.

Warfronts had potential, but it ended up just being a 20-man scenario that takes you 15-25 minutes to complete. It's completely static, with no sense of stake or challenge to it and it plays out the exact same each and every time no matter the effort you are putting into it. By adding the item level requirement you are basically buttering the entire prospect of Warfronts as it gives no sensible reward for active players to do them as besides the initial ilevel 370 reward you don't get anything meaningful out of them and when the content is this static who will keep on playing the Warfronts besides alts for gearing?

This expansion is just not delivering. It feels like Ion and Blizzard is more focused on time-gating the content like it's some sort of free-to-play mobile game instead of actually making sure the content that is being delivered is entertaining, fun and engaging to play. It seems more important to make sure that content and player progression is kept at a phase that makes sure you feel somewhat forced to login on a regular basis in order to progress, at the same time as dedicated a bunch of time in the game must not let you progress too fast or too far so you still feel you have to keep logging in all the time each and every day, each and every week. But instead the focus should really be on making sure that whats added to the game is top quality and engaging for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

Because Jaina and Jester sound exactly the same!

Can we say it is time for mass firings starting from the very top working all the way down?

Deleted
    is this VaJINA Blizzard's sjw attempt?
    never heard of her before, never cared about her...she is probably hiding in a stormwind kitchen

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually i didin't have idea that Laura Bailey voiced Fiona in Tales Of Borderlands, i mean... Yeah was sound familiar, but couldn't recognize until now. More suprising for me, is voiced few characters in ME3 like Lieutenant Kurin (Priority: Thessia) Kamile from Paragon Lost animation or Oriana Lawson, Dr Eva Core.

The Warfront ilvl minimum requirement is fully understandable and makes sense. I mean, why would I even run a HC anymore?
    But because of fairness, it would be important to apply that adjustment AFTER the current run for the horde, so both factions could profit from it in the first run. After that - no problem.

I mean, honestly, it was a joke that you could fully eqiup with warfronts in 2 days. I'm all 340 (or more) now aside from trinkets and tank/dps weapon.

Honestly,the Uldir tank trinket remains completely worthless even after the buff because of the way it works,either redesign it completely or buff it by about 1000%,or no one will even start considering it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Honestly,the Uldir tank trinket remains completely worthless even after the buff because of the way it works,either redesign it completely or buff it by about 1000%,or no one will even start considering it
    Agreed. It would be nice if they gave a tank trinket that worked like monk stagger. 10% of all damage is instead absorbed and redirected as a dot over 8 seconds. If you fall below 40% this effect increases to 80% for 5 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 4 minutes.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Next a video on why Nathanos and Trollbane sound exactly the same please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

still more than you, ait?

PS: so you say rayne and dende and the main voice of saints row 4 (if you played on female that is) sound like jaina.
    interesting. does your level of ignorance actually help in RL?
    Last edited by mmocf9825ee83e; 2018-09-12 at 12:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    This is probably the most blatant case of FUN DETECTED in a long time
    <ION Robot> Fun detected. Unacceptable.
    <ION Robot> Beginning sanitizing protocols.
    <ION Robot> Fun Eliminated.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    Can we say it is time for mass firings starting from the very top working all the way down?
    Hey why not just close down all the servers while we're at it and just abandon the game entirely.. /s