Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think that PvE players will complain if PvP gear is BiS for them?

finally got a chest piece today and when i go to look at it, it has 2 strength procs and uhhhhh that's pretty good compared to a lot of the useless shit i have been seeing on pve gear

kinda just feel like it's a shitstorm waiting to happen. like they are crying now because they think winning matches is easier than beating raid bosses and that it's raining 365s for anyone that can press W and mouse turn because there is no loot lockout on arenas but i am pretty sure they are going to completely lose their shit once they notice how good it is

Lot's of people just don't like pvp and I can understand it. I am sure some people will complain, the quantity is more interesting though and I am not too sure how many people will actually complain.

By the way, your post reads really half-assed. Put some effort in your thread next time.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by nyeh View Post
    finally got a chest piece today and when i go to look at it, it has 2 strength procs and uhhhhh that's pretty good compared to a lot of the useless shit i have been seeing on pve gear

kinda just feel like it's a shitstorm waiting to happen. like they are crying now because they think winning matches is easier than beating raid bosses and that it's raining 365s for anyone that can press W and mouse turn because there is no loot lockout on arenas but i am pretty sure they are going to completely lose their shit once they notice how good it is
    It affects everyone. Some BiS azerite pieces come from PvP, some from raids, and some from dungeons. This has been known for quite some time, and I have not seen a big uproar over it.

Deleted
    WoW was never a great PvP game, it is just an extra and would make sense for people to complain if absolute BiS dropped in PvP.
    If it's situational BiS it might be okayish.

Edit: PvP should have different traits anyway, which work in PvP only. For balance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    WoW was never a great PvP game, it is just an extra and would make sense for people to complain if absolute BiS dropped in PvP.
    If it's situational BiS it might be okayish.

Edit: PvP should have different traits anyway, which work in PvP only. For balance issues.
    So you want to pve players have traits for both pvr and pvp and pvp players to have traits only for pvp? How is it fair?

Some ppl dislike pvp some dislike pve but it doesnt mean any of this groups should have harder game. Oh someone dont like pvp? So sad :/ its finally fair that pvp players have access to mythic equal item level.

This is also best way to bring more players to pvp. Most pve limited players played XX arena games got destroyed at 1200 mmr and said they dont like pvp.

PvP was as good as BiS raid gear for periods of TBC and wotlk. The s6 weapons for 2350 rating were the same as ulduar heroic for example. The tiny minority of hardcore raiders complained but the vast majority of the playerbase were doing arena not raiding so it was no big deal. Raid gear in arena was all people talked about.

As the playerbase has dramatically shrunk, it seems WoW has only retained the whiny raiders and lost almost everyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    So you want to pve players have traits for both pvr and pvp and pvp players to have traits only for pvp? How is it fair?

Some ppl dislike pvp some dislike pve but it doesnt mean any of this groups should have harder game. Oh someone dont like pvp? So sad :/ its finally fair that pvp players have access to mythic equal item level.

This is also best way to bring more players to pvp. Most pve limited players played XX arena games got destroyed at 1200 mmr and said they dont like pvp.
    Come on, half brained person can climb to 1500 easy. Have not actively played PvP and 1700 is quite easy, certainly would say as easy as HC raiding. Going over that becomes harder and harder, which is good.
    Anyway on topic: I wanted PvE traits be BiS for PvE and PvP traits being BiS in PvP. So pve balance issues would not affect pvp and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    By the way, your post reads really half-assed. Put some effort in your thread next time.
    why are people on the internet always trying to start a fight over nothing

square up lil nigga it's too late to turn back now

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    PvP was as good as BiS raid gear for periods of TBC and wotlk. The s6 weapons for 2350 rating were the same as ulduar heroic for example. The tiny minority of hardcore raiders complained but the vast majority of the playerbase were doing arena not raiding so it was no big deal. Raid gear in arena was all people talked about.

As the playerbase has dramatically shrunk, it seems WoW has only retained the whiny raiders and lost almost everyone else.
    yea i know how it was back then

if u couldnt get a weapon to drop or didnt want to join a 25m raid guild, you had to pvp for a weapon and me personally i was like whatever cool man

but people bitching about being forced to do PvP because they might get some gear from pvp. and honestly after 85 games this season i really have to say that the droprate of gear is not that great, i have gotten like 5 or 6 items and only 2 of them were upgrades.

why are people on the internet always trying to start a fight over nothing

square up lil nigga it's too late to turn back now

yea i know how it was back then

if u couldnt get a weapon to drop or didnt want to join a 25m raid guild, you had to pvp for a weapon and me personally i was like whatever cool man

but people bitching about being forced to do PvP because they might get some gear from pvp. and honestly after 85 games this season i really have to say that the droprate of gear is not that great, i have gotten like 5 or 6 items and only 2 of them were upgrades.
    I am only pointing out that your posts are badly written. If you get offended from that, then that is not my fault.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

Deleted
    I am only pointing out that your posts are badly written. If you get offended from that, then that is not my fault.
    gtfo out of here with that shit moron, grammar nazis are literally the most obnoxious scolds alive and your autistic focus on something no-one notices or cares about adds absolutely nothing of worth to any discussion ever.

oh, also, your use of tense and syntax are a fucking shambles dude, you write like an incredibly stupid person trying to sound smart, people in glass houses etc.

@OP yeah they're already calling it mandatory and crying. I've been pugging 3s with a bunch of PvErs and no voicecomms and I'm stuck down at 1600 as a result (2.2k 3v3, 2.8k RBG exp player)
    Last edited by mmoc3face9b311; 2018-09-13 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    gtfo out of here with that shit moron, grammar nazis are literally the most obnoxious scolds alive and your autistic focus on something no-one notices or cares about adds absolutely nothing of worth to any discussion ever.

oh, also, your use of tense and syntax are a fucking shambles dude, you write like an incredibly stupid person trying to sound smart, people in glass houses etc.
    A shame you can't write one post without attacking someone verbally. Reported you for that.

I was only stating his posts are annoying to read and kind of distracting.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

Deleted
    A shame you can't write one post without attacking someone verbally. Reported you for that.

I was only stating his posts are annoying to read and kind of distracting.
    report away nerd, you're the anally retentive douchebag making this into a grammar thread for no good reason

PvE players will always complain if you make them PvP. Back in MoP we had to complete one BG and it made people rage all xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    report away
    Already did
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

Deleted
    I for sure will, WoW's CC-oriented PvP has never rang well with me.
    If the most engaging way you could come up with to kill another player is making that player unable to act you're not terribly inventive, I've wanted a system built around active dodge/parry/counter or what have you mechanics for ages rather than focus target poly into blind into fear on their healer and burst their DPS in the time window.

Our 3v3 is sat at like 1200 personal rating, I got myself a 370 trinket last night, it made me realize how much better off I'd be gearing through Arenas if only I had the mental fortitude of being bulldozed 80% of my games by a train of melees for those far and inbetween wins. I'm a PvE-hero at heart, and I really miss the old model for PvP gear where it was proper unattainable for me.

Of course some will, just like some PvP players used to complain when BiS PvP items came from raids. Blizzard have rarely come close to getting this right and some people are always going to be disappointed with how loot distribution has been implemented. I don't think this is going to cause a great furore though.

I've always felt the two should be split... I quite like the PvP resilience system.

Would you not find it frustrating if your bis gear came from Mythic raids? Being required to play a part of the game at such a high level in order to be able to play the other part of a game at a high level is kind of ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I've always felt the two should be split... I quite like the PvP resilience system.

Would you not find it frustrating if your bis gear came from Mythic raids? Being required to play a part of the game at such a high level in order to be able to play the other part of a game at a high level is kind of ridiculous.
    Thats how it is now. You have to raid and grind high m+ to gear for pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Thats how it is now. You have to raid and grind high m+ to gear for pvp.
    Not really : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...TgY/edit#gid=0
    However killing mythic bosses is easier than having 2400+ rating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkandae View Post
    Not really : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...TgY/edit#gid=0
    However killing mythic bosses is easier than having 2400+ rating
    Thats just confirming what I said. Also whats easier? Farming HC raids or farming 2100+ for 370 pieces ?