Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Doesn’t look like a weird third boob to me.
    No that's because it's her waist :P

ZING!

Naa, fair cop, glad we could discuss our different interpretations of the image civilly
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    It is a pretty good point. Just because something is a caricatures doesn't mean it is safe from being criticized for being racist. The "but they have big lips" or "its just a caricature" defense is really lazy and Toppy linking those pictures is a good explanation as to why it is lazy.
    No it is not. Caricatures exaggerate features of people, especially when trying to make fun of them. It is silly, I agree, but that's how it has always been : "look at how stupid AND UGLY this person is, hahaha!". It is done all the time to people of all races and sexes. The fact that you consider it fine for everyone who isn't black but racist when it's a black woman is telling.

Calling eveyone a racist is not going to warp reality, or make you look like a better person.

I saw the match and I felt very sorry for Naomi who is a sweetheart. I'm so glad she is black btw, otherwise this statement would have been called "racist" by idiots who like to throw the word around.

How much of a snowflake do you have to be to get so worked up over a caraciture.

Its not racist and this PC era needs to fuck off and die already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeus View Post
    So nothing happened 1900 to 1960s?
    Racist cartoons are some of the earliest known published cartoons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Considering that Osaka is very brown yet is almost peach in that picture, Serena would be pitch black in comparison.
    I think, if you open that picture in an image editor and used the dropper to get the colours of both, you will see that they are both near identical, Osaka appears lighter because there is far less of the colour for your eyes to see, try it.

This has already been stated no less than twice by Winter Blossom and repeated at least once by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Sadly I have no idea what that means
    I get bored of saying "Poe's Law" every time sarcasm goes undetected, so I say things like "#PoeStrikesAgain" and such like

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law Would have thought you would be aware of it at least, second only to Godwins as far as internet culture goes.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    How much of a snowflake do you have to be to get so worked up over a caraciture.

Its not racist and this PC era needs to fuck off and die already.
    No, you need to fuck off you ignorant cunt.

Google sambo cartoons.

Google Australia's history with anti aboriginal cartoons.

And don't come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I get bored of saying "Poe's Law" every time sarcasm goes undetected, so I say things like "#PoeStrikesAgain" and such like

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law Would have thought you would be aware of it at least, second only to Godwins as far as internet culture goes.
    Ah yeah it does ring a bell.

Ta for the link

Google sambo cartoons.

And don't come back.
    Now now, no need to get angry. We are all civilized people discussing a topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The exceptions being healthcare, mental illness, education, taxation, child care, veterans you know minor stuff
    Differences in outcomes don't necessitate differences in treatment. Although I'm not exactly clear on what you're talking about, so you could elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Considering that Osaka is very brown yet is almost peach in that picture, Serena would be pitch black in comparison.
    the osaka character in the caricature was more tanned in the original than what the media was spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdream View Post
    For a given value of civilised :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You could just ignore them and move on with your life. I've had random ass accusations thrown at me for strange reasons, and if you give them the time of day they take it a mile.
    Yeah I could. I don't mind taking the time to call out some bullshit though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdream View Post
    I'm getting annoyed at the amount of racist far right posts on here that the mods do fuck all about.

But use naughty words? That's a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    the osaka character in the caricature was more tanned in the original than what the media was spreading.
    Oh really? THAT would be a lot more interesting than any other aspect of this story including the original tantrum and the entire tournament it happened at.

Got any evidence?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Yeah I could. I don't mind taking the time to call out some bullshit though.
    There's some irony in here but I'm sure you spotted it as you were typing

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Differences in outcomes don't necessitate differences in treatment. Although I'm not exactly clear on what you're talking about, so you could elaborate.
    Countries that take care of their citizens have socialized medicine, reformed education system, put heavy focus on mental health and care for their soldiers and child development. The United States for the most part does an abysmal job in all these fields, I am not sure what you mean by outcome it's pretty clear that all of these are flawed if not downright broken especially healthcare and veterans.

Who the hell is talking about being arrested. People are using their right to free speech to criticize something they find sketchy.
    Only because Serena. No one seems to have problem with caricature if it's against someone they don't like

Google sambo cartoons.

And don't come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yeah it does ring a bell.

Ta for the link
    Triggered much snowflake ? I dont need to google anything when I am well aware of this cartoonist's style and what constitutes a caricature.

Deleted
    I cant believe that some guy cant even make cartoons of african heritage people because some features will be exagerated.

Lets grab all draws made of asian people and count the ones that dont have a yellow skin for example.

This is over the top already.

Somehow no one can make fun of other ethnic groups anymore.

Im glad that in my country Portugal no one cares about this racial features crap.
    No one gets offended by N words or things like this.
    Even the white people adopted the word africans use to call portugueses.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Oh really? THAT would be a lot more interesting than any other aspect of this story including the original tantrum and the entire tournament it happened at.

Got any evidence?

- - - Updated - - -

There's some irony in here but I'm sure you spotted it as you were typing
    I must say I'm curious too!

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yes because white people have such a strong history with being compared to ape.

Keep on grasping.
    Why would it be ok to portray Trump, Bush, Blair or any white person as a monkey or ape caricature?