Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Triggered much snowflake ? I dont need to google anything when I am well aware of this cartoonist's style and what constitutes a caricature.
    Google sambo cartons and fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yes because white people have such a strong history with being compared to ape.

Keep on grasping.

Clearly that never happened before

It's racist because he didn't draw a caricature of Serena, he drew a generic racist depiction of a black woman then drew Naomi Osaka as a blonde-haired white woman.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Why would it be ok to portray Trump, Bush, Blair or any white person as a monkey or ape caricature?
    For Trump and Bush I think it was because they were being portrayed as making dumb decisions, with BLair its because of his ears. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Why would it be ok to portray Trump, Bush, Blair or any white person as a monkey or ape caricature?
    Because people are full of shit on who and how you can insult people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yes because white people have such a strong history with being compared to ape.

Keep on grasping.
    So what? I'm part Jewish, I'm not going to freak the fuck out when someone draws a caricature of a Jew with a big nose. My grandfather has a big nose; it's not a bad thing. It's just a thing. And it certainly doesn't turn the artist into a Nazi.

History shouldn't be used as a platform for self victimization.

But back to Serena's caricature - it isn't really ape-like (whatever that means, since we're apes). It's just an exaggeration of her actual features.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Lool ok so how is it Serena in the pic looks like a fat woman (which we know she is not) and yet her opponent who is Half Black and Half Asian looks white slim and has blonde hair? To further push the agenda against blacks.

Her opponent (Osaka) would also be considered black (like Obama) or biracial (like Obama). Instead she is depicted as white to further the racist intent of this imagery.
    Wait, a comic to portray someone negatively makes them look bad physically while the opposite is true of the victim? youdon'tsay.meme

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post

And she clearly isn't drawn as a baby. She's clearly being drawn as an ape.
    I don't see how this is a gorilla. Is it the fact that she's more muscular than normal women? Because she roids you know, she probably has higher t-levels than 99% of the male population. Or is it the lips and nose? Because she has bigger than average lips and nose. The size of her body? Have you fucking seen her? Even before roids she had a big frame

Caricatures exaggerate your qualities that are out of the norm. Your big head is drawn bigger, your small eyes smaller, your weird chin weirder. How the fuck do you draw a caricature of her if you pussyfoot around all her unique qualities because people love screaming racism? Or should caricatures of black people be banned because they might represent a gorilla in the minds of idiots if the black person in questions has certain qualities to him/her? You wouldn't consider that racist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Countries that take care of their citizens have socialized medicine, reformed education system, put heavy focus on mental health and care for their soldiers and child development. The United States for the most part does an abysmal job in all these fields, I am not sure what you mean by outcome it's pretty clear that all of these are flawed if not downright broken especially healthcare and veterans.
    Well...yes, I agree with you, but I'm not seeing how black people are specifically disadvantaged in these areas.

The lips are bit much, but that's it for me.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Because people are full of shit on who and how you can insult people.
    Imagine if it was the white woman who had thrown the same fit, she would have been called racist and applauded the cartoon about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's racist because he didn't draw a caricature of Serena, he drew a generic racist depiction of a black woman then drew Naomi Osaka as a blonde-haired white woman.
    Her skin tone is not that much lighter than Serenas and is darker than the refs in the cartoon. Plus she did have blonde in her pony tail so......

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    For Trump and Bush I think it was because they were being portrayed as making dumb decisions, with BLair its because of his ears. . .
    So if a black guy made dumb decisions or had big ears you still couldnt make the portrayal? You see how idiotic that is? That you cant separate race from the subject matter being discussed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Well no, their skin tones are almost identical (compared to the actual white guy in the pic) and Naomi bleaches her hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    I don't see how this is a gorilla. Is it the fact that she's more muscular than normal women? Because she roids you know, she probably has higher t-levels than 99% of the male population. Or is it the lips and nose? Because she has bigger than average lips and nose. The size of her body? Have you fucking seen her? Even before roids she had a big frame

Caricatures exaggerate your qualities that are out of the norm. Your big head is drawn bigger, your small eyes smaller, your weird chin weirder. How the fuck do you draw a caricature of her if you pussyfoot around all her unique qualities because people love screaming racism? Or should caricatures of black people be banned because they might represent a gorilla in the minds of idiots if the black person in questions has certain qualities to him/her? You wouldn't consider that racist?
    T'is an excellent point, good sir. I concur.

Caricatures, especially in this style, are exagerating the shit out of someone's features (like Serena's large mouth).

Also, how on earth is a caricature about the highest earning female tennis player of last year "punching down"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

So if a black guy made dumb decisions or had big ears you still couldnt make the portrayal? You see how idiotic that is? That you cant separate race from the subject matter being discussed?
    No, I'm pretty sure you can go nuts and fill your boots. . .

Not sure what your point is. I'm just pointing out that Bush was portrayed as an ape because he was considered a simpleton by simpletons standards. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    The country would need to start treating them like Americans first.
    Yeah, coz you have never had a black president right? And if you did, you NEVER would have voted him in for a 2nd term...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Drawing Osaka as a white woman is the only racist part of this.

Not sure what your point is. I'm just pointing out that Bush was portrayed as an ape because he was considered a simpleton by simpletons standards. . .
    And people cried racism even though comparing the president to a primate was and continues to be a thing. I wonder why the same jokes can't be made if we're all equal with no differences.

Oh come on, the monkey portrayal came because he looks like a fucking chimp.