Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't think it needed saving since Legion was a successful expansion. BfA in my opinion is succeeding in that it's not a shitty expansion like WoD was. Is it flawed? Yes, but it's enjoyable and has a lot to look forward to as long as they work out the kinks. It does feel unpolished and rushed but even then, the content, at least to me, is so engaging that you'd think it they had taken a few more months to work out all the bugs and better tune all the classes that it would have been amazing. I think by the time the Azshara patch comes around with playable Kul'tirans and Zandalari, and hopefully they fix all the bugs and show the classes that need it some TLC that the expansion will be viewed in a better light.

Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    Follow-up question: do you still play BFA? If so, why?
    Because i have a responsibility to my guild.

Follow up question, If someone says this is the worst xpac they ever played why does it mean they do not want to play it?

I took a break during Legion because I couldn't resist spending hours in game once I logged in for a 'quick' session. I felt like I always had something to aim for, and needed to maximise my weapon whenever possible.

I came back a week into BfA, and can already find no compelling reason to log in and play. This is the first time I have ever felt this way about the game, and I have played every expansion launch since BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post

Follow up question, If someone says this is the worst xpac they ever played why does it mean they do not want to play it?
    It does not, but I just wonder why people would play a game they dislike in the current state.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I don't think it needed saving since Legion was a successful expansion. BfA in my opinion is succeeding in that it's not a shitty expansion like WoD was.
    Cant really speak on WoD because i skipped it but it feels like the most successful things about the xpac are from legion and the least successful things are from BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Removal of Templates was literally the only reason I started doing PVP again.
    In terms of this thread OP is obv trolling.
    Enjoy the melee trains and disc priests PvP Bonanza! May it give you what you were looking for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    OP, firstly, your name is very accurate for this thread.

Secondly, after Legion, WoW didn't need saving, it was doing really well and felt in a good spot. Everything felt alive and well. Then BFA comes, after being rushed out, and ruins that for many, many people. A lot of design decisions were fairly poor and definitely poorly received. The entire expansion FEELS rushed and like it is lacking a lot. The forums are awash with a lot of people saying they are down to raid logging only, which is an obscene place to be only a little over a month into the expansion with Mythic raiding having only just released. The AP grind feels terrible compared to Legion (even though the catch up might be better in terms of consistency and not feeling goofy as hell for fresh max level toons) since, if you are not getting new gear, your Artifact leveling means a couple ilvl to a necklace and nothing more.

The art and music teams did absolutely stellar work this go around. The world of BFA is beautiful and well designed and the new architecture is stunning (the new ships alone are so beautiful and hopefully more of a template of what they might use in the future for the ships). Even a lot of WHO they chose to use as far as the Proudmoores and everything. Everything had such potential to be amazing and then the writing ended up sloppy, end game poorly thought out and poorly paced, so many bugs and problems that were noted during the comically short Alpha/Beta that were never acted upon .... I mean, really, BFA is not a great expansion, despite having such a great foundation to build off of.

It also worries me that they have yet to announce anything regarding future tiers or anything. I know they might be going for a surprise, but given that we knew at least what the raid tier looked like in full for Legion upon release, it is a little disconcerting because either it isn't final or Uldir is it which means Uldir is the smallest first tier in WoW history. Either way, short sighted and poorly planned and executed.

At least, in my opinion (and the opinions of many others it seems).
    I agree with a lot of what you just wrote. BfA feel a lot like a filler expansion(I know I used the hate word... sue me). MoP and WoD did not had that feeling for me, but now BfA is sooo into it. A lot of things feel like a downgrade in many aspects compared to Legion. None of the systems from Legion were improved or build upon for even better epic feeling. Some just stayed untouched and other just further simplified.

I still have my hopes that 8.1, but the more the time passes the more it feel like Blizzard will kil that hope too...

- Pvp is coming back to life with good item drops that help raiders to gear up faster
    - Warmode, pvp island expeditions make pvp more alive than ever before
    - Uldir hits the sweet spot difficulty-wise. Mythic might be a bit overtuned, but that's just a matter of fixing and does not have an impact for the majority of the playerbase
    - Great new dungeons bringing new life in m+
    - The new zones look amazing and just wandering around is a blessing

Yes, BFA is saving WoW if you ask me.
    All your points are why I so desperately want BFA to succeed but with the amount of bugs coming out and the community outrage I do fear it will go down as like WoD. That said, a brilliant 8.1 could still save everything.
    We humans have to stick together

It does not, but I just wonder why people would play a game they dislike in the current state.
    Well to help put it in persective for you. Imagine you are watching your favorite show but you watched the worst episode you have ever seen of it. That episode is still better then a lot of the other shows out there however it is the the worst episode of that particular show, that's what i(and likely a lot of other people) mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post

It should.

Forcing yourself to do something you don't enjoy will just make you miserable and be miserable to others. It's a game! If you're not enjoying it, you are doing it wrong. Go do something you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You haven't been here very long have you?
    It's the lowest rated expansion in the game's history on metacritic. Although you can write that off as subjective (especially since WoD is rated higher than MoP) I don't think its wise to write off this expansion's glaring problems.

It should.

Forcing yourself to do something you don't enjoy will just make you miserable and be miserable to others. It's a game! If you're not enjoying it, you are doing it wrong. Go do something you enjoy.
    I didn't say i didn't enjoy it refer to previous statement. Just because i do not think its the greatest xpac ever doesn't mean i shouldn't play it. Objectively speaking its the worst one ive ever player(or to make you feel better the least fun one ive ever played).
    Last edited by Malix Farwin; 2018-09-12 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I don't think it needed saving since Legion was a successful expansion. BfA in my opinion is succeeding in that it's not a shitty expansion like WoD was. Is it flawed? Yes, but it's enjoyable and has a lot to look forward to as long as they work out the kinks. It does feel unpolished and rushed but even then, the content, at least to me, is so engaging that you'd think it they had taken a few more months to work out all the bugs and better tune all the classes that it would have been amazing. I think by the time the Azshara patch comes around with playable Kul'tirans and Zandalari, and hopefully they fix all the bugs and show the classes that need it some TLC that the expansion will be viewed in a better light.
    Careful now! You don't have remotely enough hyperbole in your post to meet the standards for MMO-C WoW conversation. Entirely too reasonable speak here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    It's the lowest rated expansion in the game's history on metacritic. Although you can write that off as subjective (especially since WoD is rated higher than MoP) I don't think its wise to write off this expansion's glaring problems.
    This expansion "problems" are not written off. It's clear the reward system needs some adjusting for the new content.

Does this make it a bad expansion? Nope! The enjoyable content is still there.

And yeah, commercial reviews are pointless. They review the leveling experience. None sticks around for the real game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I agree that mythic+ dungeons and heroic/mythic raiding are fun. But the rest are so meh, that even youtubers (who didn't voice their opinion on features of the game before) bash. WPvP is not really a feature. Island expedition is boring and meaningless for a lot of people (I don't even join for the quest). Warfronts are ok to join once or twice. Overall, the only features that are above average are the features that we got in Legion (although WQs lose some points nowadays). Legion was a success that "saved WoW" as the OP said, but BfA didn't include anything good (beyond the classic raid/mythic dungeons).
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    Metacritic is like mmo-champion though: people that don't actually play WoW.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

This expansion "problems" are not written off. It's clear the reward system needs some adjusting for the new content.

Does this make it a bad expansion? Nope! The enjoyable content is still there.

And yeah, commercial reviews are pointless. They review the leveling experience. None sticks around for the real game.
    The expansions problems are written off when you boil it down to simply an issue with the rewards system.

A lot of people hate the clunky feeling of gameplay now with regards to fewer abilities and the GCD (not every spec gets hit evenly, some barely feel it, while others feel much worse for it .... none are gamebreaking, but definitely limit the enjoyment).

The writing is simply phoned in. The Alliance zones are completely disjointed aside from this tenuous thread of "each one revolves around a different noble house of Kul'Tiras!". That is like saying the stories for every Vanilla zone in the Eastern Kingdoms are a linked story because they all revolve around races in the Eastern Kingdoms! Meanwhile, the story of the Horde is very interconnected and well done. The three zones feel like different machinations of Zul as he moves towards his end goal and you need to stop them all.

The in game cut scenes are a HUGE step back in terms of quality. When characters speak, it looks like I am watching WC3 in game cut scenes. The cut scenes from Legion were amazing and then we get this? The movement of the mouths of characters (assuming they move at all) look like an exaggeration of the silly looking lip-dubbing of old kung fu movies crossed with someone having a seizure. It isn't good.

There are literal problems (the mace off Taloc, for example) where their handling of the situation was piss-poor and short sighted. Yes, they reverted that change, but did they HONESTLY think that people who had already gotten the mace hadn't made that their new main weapon and ditched their previous, so that when they rolled it down to a 140 ilvl or whatever it would screw over everyone who got it? This isn't even something you needed to be familiar with game design to foresee being a stupid idea.

You are correct that there are still good things about the expansion. But to imply that there aren't major problems that need to be addressed is, by definition, writing them off and ignoring them.

BFA needs a massive overhaul with regards to somethings and 8.1 needs to be a MASSIVE content patch to fix a lot of the little bullshit that is going on. Some isn't fixable (like the writing of the main zones and everything), but there is a lot that can be salvaged and fixed if they make a good faith attempt at realizing what is wrong and what is hated and trying to get it to a place that isn't garbage. The first step to fixing it is to not write it off and admit there are problems and what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Yes, if by 'saving' you mean smothering the life out of it before it can embarrass itself further.
    At this point, with Ion as the lead, it's a mercy.

- - - Updated - - -

Metacritic is like mmo-champion though: people that don't actually play WoW.
    I do love how people discount all criticism as "YOU DON'T PLAY IT". All you wanted was a circle jerk.

- Pvp is coming back to life with good item drops that help raiders to gear up faster
    - Warmode, pvp island expeditions make pvp more alive than ever before
    - Uldir hits the sweet spot difficulty-wise. Mythic might be a bit overtuned, but that's just a matter of fixing and does not have an impact for the majority of the playerbase
    - Great new dungeons bringing new life in m+
    - The new zones look amazing and just wandering around is a blessing

Yes, BFA is saving WoW if you ask me.
    Haha don't know if this is serious or just a joke.

Let me say it with your name: "You are wrong"
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I wouldn't exactly say saving since it didn't need saving in the first place and BFA has had its share of issues but I do not think its gonna be the death of wow or some such bullshit.