Poll: Men do you wear makeup

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nope, I'm not a celebrity and I have a wife.

Let's be honest, it's pretty gay to put make-up on if you're not on tv.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Deleted
    I've borrowed my wife's something-majig to cover up a particularly red zit for a wedding once, but not any more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Nope, I'm not a celebrity and I have a wife.

Seriously? Putting on makeup makes you gay? Justin Bieber is engaged to a woman. Donald is married to a woman. Chris Evans is married to a woman. They all wear makeup. Are they gay? They are on TV yes but still. I’ve seen men wearing foundation and concealers. They aren’t gay.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I've used it for photo shoots and I use it when I cosplay. I mostly like dirtying my face with camp / black smoke and gun grease for that rugged look, though I've used "proper" make up too. Nothing wrong with it.

no i don't.. doesn't seem like there's a lot of options for men anyway.. it's either the outrageous stuff or just the stuff that hides blemishes or whatever.. anything else?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only gay if you are gay.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Keep thinking, maybe you get something out of it one day. But putting a few strokes of makeup on you ain't gonna do shit when you open your mouth. Maybe, just maybe, if you could back that makeup up, but if you're insecure you're insecure, no makeup is gonna hide that if you're a man.
    You should try that thinking-thing too some time! That what is generally referred to as an "incel" isn't quite the type to put on makeup. If anything I'd wager, that they'd be the type to call those men with makeup insecure... mhrm...
    Confidence is not caring about what people think about you wearing makeup or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, why would I? Tbh I have also always hated the feeling of having stuff like face paint or dermalogica acne stuff on my face for long periods of time from when I was younger. Feels really unnatural.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Confidence is not caring about what people think about you wearing makeup or not.
    Wouldn't confidence in the case of makeup be about feeling comfortable of your own appearance as it is and not feeling afraid to show your blemishes? Considering makeup kinda exists to hide them in addition to crafting a different look, it can be argued that using makeup is inherently linked to some form of insecurity about your appearance.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2018-09-12 at 05:01 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I have a photo poking fun at Trump and it somehow is related to this topic? Not only did you make that asinine connection you wrote a paragraph about it.

- - - Updated - - -

See above post.
    I made a respectable reply where you were asking why someone would think that you were pro-Trump and I gave a response as to why someone is likely to think that. I didn't give my own personal opinion. If you want to insult, that's a slight on your character.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of my middle eastern neighbors is Egyptian and wears eye makeup and it looks cool as hell on him. I couldn't pull it off tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    No, why would I? Tbh I have also always hated the feeling of having stuff like face paint or dermalogica acne stuff on my face for long periods of time from when I was younger. Feels really unnatural.

Wouldn't confidence in the case of makeup be about feeling comfortable of your own appearance as it is and not feeling afraid to show your blemishes? Considering makeup kinda exists to hide them in addition to crafting a different look, it can be argued that using makeup is inherently linked to some form of insecurity about your appearance.
    I guess that would depend on the reason why you are wearing makeup in the first place and the extend of it. I don't think you can break down wearing makeup only to insecurity. That being said, it can of course be a reason, but if it helps overcome your insecurity, then why even bother?

A few nights a year we have a big dinner with My wifes work, without fail I get a fucking zit on my nose. You can bet your ass Im going to use a touch of cover up. I need to look like rudolph in all the pictures? I dont think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Shit, here I thought sucking cocks as a man or eating Vag as a woman made you gay.....
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Using makeup does not make up for the time lost applying it.

Now if there were a way to get it decently done in a minute or something without costing an unreasonable amount of money , one could consider it I suppose.

As others pointed out, makeup is used by most people in prominent positions nowadays. The natural look just does not cut it anymore in nowadays society, for most people that is.

Men wearing makeup is all sorts of wrong, even woman look better naturally without makeup.

Unless your a stage actor or on the camera a lot, i can understand. But if just going out to dinner on a Friday night, or going to a ball game, or at work, no f'ing way anyone needs makeup.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't, but I don't see anything wrong with anyone wearing it.
    It's not indicative of your gender, sexual preference, or anything; some people simply wish to meet a certain standard of beauty, whether it be a social one or a personal one.
    If a dude wants to slap on some rouge and beef up his eyebrows, cool, you do you. Doesn't hurt me any.
    If a dude wants some foundation to cover up a zit, pockmark, scar, whatever, fine. Have at it.
    Also, I don't ever hold women to expectations that they should wear it.
    If they want to, cool beans.
    If not, fine by me.

I just don't get why anyone would care, because it seems there's quite a few people here who are adamantly against it (whether serious or trolling, who knows).
    It's like saying "men shouldn't wear salmon colored clothing" or whatever.
    If it bothers you that much, look away.
    Crisis averted.
    Don't get mad online about it, though, because that's a waste of energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did once.

I was in a play in high school and it was stage make up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Of course he is. What does Trump have to do with this? Man you people must dream about him.

Non Trump post, "quick! how can I bring up Trump!"
    Says guy with Trump avatar.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling some of the men here who are saying "no, and women look better without it" are also 'nice guys'. lol

I'm not gonna lie, a woman in makeup, and nice outfit, and nice shoes with all the right accessories are way better looking than no make up, street clothes, and half done hair.

But that is of course my personal tastes. Everyone is entitled to their own.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    When ever I dressed up as the clown from it to scare my nieces
    Otherwise no

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I did once.

I was in a play in high school and it was stage make up.

- - - Updated - - -

Says guy with Trump avatar.
    Yes, clearly an avatar poking fun of someone means I want to bring up the subject whenever possible even when it's unrelated, nice deductive reasoning Sherlock.