Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So how do you get over someone that you basically see everyday. For hours long.
    I used to be with this girl for a long time, i know her very well (2 and half year) and we are at the point atm where we just can't be togheter atm.
    And i chose for that aswell. But right now she is talking with another guy and i feel sad that i'm losing her as strong connection now someone else is also in the picture. Thing is i see her everyday so i can't just ignore it. I see it happening.

Thing is, why can't i get over her when i know it doesn't work for me and her anyways?

I'm starting to lose sleep and the power to eat, just because my body is rejecting it all.
    You gotta get away, get her out of sight. Move desks. Cubicles. Floors. Locations. Whatever - just get yourself out of that situation. Because as you're already discovering, it's completely unhealthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    If she doesn't want you, you have to accept it and move on.

Do some fitness to your release energy. Whatever you do, do not beat your meat. It will only make it worse.
    Usually people say the other thing o.o

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't really think you do, at least not easily. Can you just not see her every day? Change jobs or move to a different part building?
    Well i don't want to lose her as friend either so moving away means i will lose touch with her over time aswell. which i don't want
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Her talking to another guy? That's rough.

Illustrates why a lot of people don't date at work.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

What if we both work at the same work area? U can't ignore eachother when u have to work near eachother.
    You deserve it. There is a reason why most people avoid having relationships with co workers.

Never speak to her again, replace her and find a woman, a prettier one. The second she realizes that you are happier without her she will come back. Guaranteed.

Best thing is to look for someone else. Pining over her will make things worse. It sounds so cliche, but if you really just want to be her friend and love her that much, try to focus on her being happy.

Eh, I'd say time is the only real solution. Like others have said, find something to occupy your time like a new hobby, fitness, or work. Sure, it'll be awkward, but your mind will eventually move on, even it seems like it won't. Humans are pretty resilient, and you're no different.

The easiest thing for someone like you to do would be to find someone else to obsess over. Then when that new girl gets into a relationship with someone else, just repeat my first suggestion on an even newer girl.

I find that it's easier to give short-term advice that only works for a little while, because it doesn't involve you having to actually do work and fix your own emotional problems which is the true problem here. Thank me later.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

And this is why you don't date people you work with.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck someone else. If that doesn't work, go out with someone else. It really is that easy.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tip guys, i guess it's logical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    What if we both work at the same work area? U can't ignore eachother when u have to work near eachother.
    Take this is a valuable lesson. Never mix business and pleasure. It is an old saying, but it is a true one. Since you have already broken the rule, you will now need to live with the pain that comes from not heeding the advice. It will pass with time, and while it does, don't forget this lesson as it will aide you well in the future.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you don't care about your current job; get a new one asap. You can still be friends eventually if you'd like, and it will be much easier for you to determine if you actually do care about being her friend with some distance as well (likewise the other way around; you switch jobs and her texts stop? she's not your friend and problem solves itself).

If you are working in your chosen career path, then fuck no, don't quit. Instead, in this case face it head on. Full warrior mode, pop lust, whatever other analogy you feel like using. Charge at it with sword drawn and be the best god damned <whatever your job is> on the face of this planet. Limit *ALL* interaction with her to only what is required of you to do your job well, do not engage in small talk unless she initiates it; at which point be kind, polite, and respectful, but in no way draw out the conversation or allow it to be drawn out beyond the level of friendly co-worker discussion. Do not ask her about her date or how that aspect of her life is going, do not seek information regarding this topic through any other conceivable means either, you don't CARE about her date; there is literally nothing of value in that topic for you; it does not exist, it is irrelevant to you. Maintain this level of mental separation for as long as is necessary for you to feel good about yourself, the situation; or at minimum; until you stop caring about it; focus on your job, your needs, your goals, your desires. If you don't know what these are, then now the perfect time to figure them out.

Finally, if you're the kind of person who values sexual contact, expression, release, what-have-you. Then jump on to tinder, POF, or whatever app/site of your choice, make a profile stating clearly you're just looking for some fun, and then do precisely that with someone entirely new. Don't jump into anything committed, but "clear your head" so to speak; so long as the one you're clearing your head with is on the same page; nothing wrong with it.

The most important bit is to stop yourself, by any means necessary, from enabling yourself to pine after her. Enlist the help of a friend if necessary, and frankly, if being her friend ultimately becomes something that's too painful for you then sorry; you can't be friends. Be willing to accept this as a possible outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.