Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The worst Gamemaster conversation I have ever had. What to do?

Hey guys, just wanted to share this conversation I have had with 4 GM's over the last 4-5 days. I would love to hear your point of view on the situation, and maybe get some ideas on how to approach them, because apparently none of them are understanding me.

Here's a quick summary of what's going on;

I did a +7 Temple
    I character transferred to another server (Same race, name etc)
    My Mythic+ progress wasn't visible in game, so I took to the GM ticket system to find out more.

And here's the conversation between me and the GMs, snipped out the boring "Hi im GM Fantabulouse from the time weaving dimension of fun and glitter" stuff for you, but otherwise, it's unchanged;

(Me) I just bought a character transfer from Argent Dawn to Ravenholdt, and my Mythic+ progression for this week has disappeared. I worked really hard to get a difficult +7 Temple of Sethralis done, and really look forward to getting a +7 cache at the end of the week, should I be worried about not getting anything by wednesday?

I am really busy and doubt I can get time to do another +7 done this week, so I would really appreciate if this is fixed
    (GM#1) thank you for contacting us. I hope you are having a good day

According to the following blue posts, mythic + progression is not affected by character services:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...3568172#post-5
    Since that was the case in Legion, I don't thinkg it changed in BfA. You should received your +7 weekly reward on Wednesday.
    (Me)]As I look at the Mythic+ Interface (When I press "i", and go under Mythics) it doesn't show my progression from before I transferred. So as far as I can see now, the best mythic+ I have done is a +2.

What I gathered from your response, is that my character progression in Mythic+ this week will carry over. What is the issue then, is it the UI showing false data, or what?
    (GM#2) You are indeed correct, this is not working as intended.
    Your progress should be transferred but it appears at the moment that is not working as intended.
    The developers are looking into it and we hope it will be fixed soon.

For now, the best thing to do is keep going and submit a Bug Report in-game. You can do that via the same window as where you open a GM Ticket from. The difference is that your report will go directly to the team that deals with bugs and game changes (Game Masters are not involved with that at all) and it will gather more details about your character and location as well. It may not seem much but for our Development Team that is vital info when investigating possible bugs in-game.
    (Me) What does this mean for me? Will I receive the +7 chest, which I have earned this week, come Wednesday? Even though it doesn't show up on the In Game Interface?

I would feel seriously cheated if I log on Wednesday, and don't have the gear I have earned in-game, because of a bug. Especially since I have personally spent my own money, in order to lose progress and items in game?

And if this is an unintended bug, what can/will you guys at Blizzard do, to remedy the situation? Can you trigger the progress manually and make sure I get the end-of-week rewards that way?

I'll report the bug, of course. I like to help out where ever I can. Although I still feel worried that I haven't gotten a clear answer, whether or not my characters progress is viable? Or if my progress has just been thrown out of the window for the low price of £19.99. As I said in an earlier ticket, I do not have the time to climb to another +7 this week, and would never have transferred before wednesday, had it been clear that I would have lost this progression.
    (GM#3)I'm sorry I couldn't get to you before, but as you can imagine we are pretty busy with the launch of BfA. I hope next time we can have some chat! ^^

I've done a bit more of research on your case, and what I've found is really interesting. In fact, I bring you good news! ^^
    I completely understand your confusion and that you're worry about this, but this time there is nothing to be afraid of

Basically, there won't be any information on your mythic + interface, that doesn't transfer with your character, but you can rest assure it's just a display issue and doesn't affect the keystone, nor the loot.
    Actually, if you decide to go now for another run you'll see the proper level. Also, tomorrow, once the chest is up you should get the proper loot out of it, so nothing to be worry about! ^^

Basically, we've cases like this before, but it's all due to a display issue after the transfer. Everything else is good and you'll get the reward you deserved! That being said, if there is anything else you need just let us know
    So at this point I feel pretty good, Wednesday's around the corner and it looks like my progress last week is still saved to my character. But when I log on, I get a Mythic+3 item in my chest, together with a +6 key. So the game realizes I did a +6 at least, but still rewards me with +3 loot. It continues.

- - - Updated - - -

cont.

(Me)To quote the last GM I spoke with;

"Basically, there won't be any information on your mythic + interface, that doesn't transfer with your character, but you can rest assure it's just a display issue and doesn't affect the keystone, nor the loot.

Actually, if you decide to go now for another run you'll see the proper level. Also, tomorrow, once the chest is up you should get the proper loot out of it, so nothing to be worry about! ^^

Basically, we've cases like this before, but it's all due to a display issue after the transfer. Everything else is good and you'll get the reward you deserved!

That being said, if there is anything else you need just let us know "

Now here we are, at tomorrow, and I have received 1050 AP (zzz), a +6 Keystone, but only a Mythic 3 item? What is going on guys? It can't be true, that I spend my money on character services, only to be reassured by you guys that my progress isn't lost, only to see that in actual fact, it is.

I completed a +7 last week, so why am I getting a +3 in my box?
    Why have I been told by 2-3 GMs that 'Don't worry you will receive your well earned items' when I clearly didn't

And lastly, how are we going to fix this, so I don't feel completely cheated that I gave Blizzard £20, and all I get in return is losing my progress and items? Really doesn't seem like a fair deal to me, at all!

Sorry about the agitated tone, but I have written 3 times to you guys, gotten 3 polarised answers from GMs, most of which based on "I thinks" and "Maybes" that didn't help me at all and at worst straight up lied to me about the situation. I would for once like to be able to chat with a GM and get this mess sorted out.

Thanks for your time, and your patience.
    I'm Game Master (...), Time Wizard Extraordinaire and Entrepreneur!

I hope you are doing well today and I have heard through the echoes of time that you received a 355 item from the weekly chest instead of a higher level to better reflect your progress in the Mythic + challenges you completed last week.

I can understand the reasoning why you would think this item is intended to be higher than the one you got and the good news is that the character service you purchased had nothing to do with this issue
    The good news here is that everything has worked as intended because for this first week the items you get from the cache is capped at 355 ^^

Don't worry though next week you will be awarded the appropriate ilvl item for your Mythic+ challenge ^^
    And that's the last message I got from them.. Which let's be honest, is just a straight up lie. I am sure a bunch of you have received items higher than 355, just as my guildmates have. It really wasn't a hard myth to bust in a MMORPG.

So, the item itself doesn't actually really bother me. I'll get by with 1 less item. The fact that I spent £20 on a Character Transfer only to lose loot annoys me. As well as that, that through 4 GM's, I have been told 4 different lies. I was told things were working as intended, bugged, that I have nothing to worry about and now finally that there is a 355 ilvl cap on items this week? What the hell is going on at Blizzard. They really do not seem to give a single F* about this game, their representatives, the 1.000 bugs on release and up till present day.

But anyway, what do you guys think of this? Usually my encounters with GMs have been short and sweet, but this is to me is just terrible. Am I overreacting? In the right or wrong?
    So what do you lot think?
    Last edited by Algorath; 2018-09-12 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overreacting.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    See now, this is why I tend to wait with progression if I want to move.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Overreacting.
    Yeah as I said, after 4 days of back and forth with them, the item itself doesn't bother me, and I doubt i'll see it. But the thing that still agitates me is how they did it, especially the last guy. How can 4 people give 4 so contradicting answers and still none of them be right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Overreacting and ranting about 1000 bugs since release(It's a MMO of course it will have bugs and it's been improved since launch).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Overreacting and ranting about 1000 bugs since release(It's a MMO of course it will have bugs and it's been improved since launch).
    Major difference.

This expansion had bugs reported in Beta. They were not fixed. The Warfront despawning being a big one.

The OP is most certainly overreacting but in terms of bugs this hasn't been a very stellar expansion. And quite frankly Blizzard can and should do better.

So many bugs that were reported consistently made it out of Beta.

Mythic + gear was capped this week, if you got an Azerite Gear piece, it was capped at 355; even Blizzard has stated that you shouldn't transfer before receiving your rewards in regards to PvP, so if you got a 355 Azerite, it isn't a bug, mostly people getting confused and thinking they will get a 385 not wf/tf wich Blizzard said Azerite had a cap and the rest of items could wf/tf to even 395.

My PvP cache gave me a lower ilevel item than intended, i opened a ticket got it resolved quick, replacing the lower item for an item accord to my rating.
    Last edited by Noa; 2018-09-12 at 10:11 PM.

Let's be honest here bud. Usually I defend Blizzard, but BfA definitely needed a month more of polishing before it was ready for release Besides this is specifically about one bug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noa View Post
    Mythic + gear was capped this week, if you got an Azerite Gear piece, it was capped at 355; even Blizzard has stated that you shouldn't transfer before receiving your rewards in regards to PvP rewards, so if you got a 355 Azerite, it isn't a bug.
    My 355 item was a ring, so that's not the case The 355 Azerite thing I didn't know about, but it definitely would make more sense that way, but sadly no.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Let's be honest here bud. Usually I defend Blizzard, but BfA definitely needed a month more of polishing before it was ready for release Besides this is specifically about one bug

- - - Updated - - -

My 355 item was a ring, so that's not the case The 355 Azerite thing I didn't know about, but it definitely would make more sense that way, but sadly no.
    then you could just said, and see the actual table of Loots for M+ 1-10 and see what was your BASE item level to get, then you could get it done with just 1 ticket, and obviously they can replace the item, just like i got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Major difference.

This expansion had bugs reported in Beta. They were not fixed. The Warfront despawning being a big one.

The OP is most certainly overreacting but in terms of bugs this hasn't been a very stellar expansion. And quite frankly Blizzard can and should do better.

So many bugs that were reported consistently made it out of Beta.
    Yeah, that happens every expansion. Some bugs fall through the cracks and live has a big pool(And returning players) so the testing environment will be different. So on and so forth. Again the idea that there are people at Blizzard on the WoW team that just doesn't care is hats on retarded.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yeah, that happens every expansion. Some bugs fall through the cracks and live has a big pool(And returning players) so the testing environment will be different. So on and so forth. Again the idea that there are people at Blizzard on the WoW team that just doesn't care is hats on retarded.
    Nobody here is saying they don't care.

The fact is this has been one of the more buggier launches compared to Legion. It's not expected of them.

And no "falling through the cracks" is a shit excuse after they were reported countless times in Beta.

"Some" is generous. Warfronts were bugged, Mythic + and PvP had bugs and the list goes on.

They can and should know better. Blizzard are not Trion Worlds.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-12 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noa View Post
    then you could just said, and see the actual table of Loots for M+ 1-10 and see what was your BASE item level to get, then you could get it done with just 1 ticket, and obviously they can replace the item, just like i got.
    I didn't feel the need to specifically tell them what item I received from my chest, as I would expect them to be have a log over such things. But good point, maybe I should have told them the item name, when I looted it and stuff in order to be helpful to their work.

Seems like they were trying to help. If that is your WORST interaction, remind me to show you the one where a buddy of mine was permabanned. #Fireworks #Actualbadexperience
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think the GM lies to you? What do they have to gain by telling you lies? They all were right you got the items you intended to get, from the chest! It was capped that week, All the GM's did go out of their way to answer your questions and they did give you all the support. I can't see any Lies or any GM cheating you out of anything here?

So, the item itself doesn't actually really bother me. I'll get by with 1 less item. The fact that I spent £20 on a Character Transfer only to lose loot annoys me. As well as that, that through 4 GM's, I have been told 4 different lies. I was told things were working as intended, bugged, that I have nothing to worry about and now finally that there is a 355 ilvl cap on items this week? What the hell is going on at Blizzard. They really do not seem to give a single F* about this game, their representatives, the 1.000 bugs on release and up till present day.
    This annoys me, you didn't lose any loot in the character transfer, no one told you any lies, things did work as intended and there was a CAP on the iLvl, Also if Blizzard didn't care about you or the game they would not even have answered your ticket 4 times!
    Last edited by |Dexter|; 2018-09-12 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nobody here is saying they don't care.

The fact is this has been one of the more buggier launches compared to Legion. It's not expected of them.

And no "falling through the cracks" is a shit excuse after they were reported countless times in Beta.

"Some" is generous. Warfronts were bugged, Mythic + and PvP had bugs and the list goes on.
    He certainly bloody implied it so again read what he said. Also buggiest launch? I don't know what you experienced but aside from Lag so far I've had a fine time. I don't disagree that Warfronts are different then what many expected(The before you get to the Warfront gameplay itself) but most bug ridden is a bit of a reach.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2018-09-12 at 10:22 PM.

Warrior-Magi

He certainly bloody implied it so again read what he said. Also buggiest launch? I don't know what you experienced but aside from Lag so far I've had a fine time.
    Then you are being wilfully ignorant. Also that's more the OP venting if anything. Shouldn't be taken seriously.

They most certainly care about the game but initially BFA feels rushed.

There were bugs reported. Ones that were reported countless times in Beta. High pop servers were suffering with quite a bit of lag and queues compared to Legion. Even Ion admitted it wasn't the smoothest launch.

Stop with this "Oh it didn't happen to me so it's not an issue" attitude. That's how bugs slip through the cracks that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

I'm not saying BFA is a terrible expansion itself. However 3 things Blizzard should have been on top of imo.

Communication.
    Clarity.
    Bugs.

Blizzard should be held to a high standard. They know they can do better in those 3 fields.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-12 at 10:25 PM.

I'm not saying Blizzard are intentionally lying to me, as some sort of large scheme against me personally, but the fact that GM3 said "You have nothing to worry about, your +7 is safe" - Then me getting a +3 item in my chest, is him being wrong in his message to me.

GM 4 saying the ilvl is capped at 355 is a lie, in that every single one of my guildies got higher ilvl gear that 355. I'm sure most of you guys did too (Non-azerite gear)

GM 1 not giving me any useful information other than an outdated forum post of another poster who isn't sure, isn't good enough.

I'm fairly certain we, for the most part are on Blizzard's side. But how is this service good enough? Read through the GM's answers. How many times have they told me information with confidence, that actually has been true? How many times have their answers been based on "maybe" and "shoulds" - I am a huge fan of what Blizzard pull off, but imo, this has just not been good enough

Well, with bfa things changed (obviously) and your case is a bit special.
    Since it was the first week now, nobody could really know what will happen. (they could have tested it, but this is not really a thing you would think of first during testing)

You've got the correct key, so i guess nothing changed here, but they had to change something for gear, due to how azerite gear works. And this change doesn't work properly after realm transfer it seems. Would be interesting to know what would happen if you haven't done another m+ after realm transfer. No cache? Or just the key in it

Report it and maybe open a ticket and try to get the item replaced
    Just another bug on the list that is way to long this time...

Dude just do another +7, or was that +7 a fluke and you are incapable of doing this again? Sorry man, but you are creating a problem out of nothing.

I'm not saying Blizzard are intentionally lying to me, as some sort of large scheme against me personally, but the fact that GM3 said "You have nothing to worry about, your +7 is safe" - Then me getting a +3 item in my chest, is him being wrong in his message to me.

GM 4 saying the ilvl is capped at 355 is a lie, in that every single one of my guildies got higher ilvl gear that 355. I'm sure most of you guys did too (Non-azerite gear)

GM 1 not giving me any useful information other than an outdated forum post of another poster who isn't sure, isn't good enough.

I'm fairly certain we, for the most part are on Blizzard's side. But how is this service good enough? Read through the GM's answers. How many times have they told me information with confidence, that actually has been true? How many times have their answers been based on "maybe" and "shoulds" - I am a huge fan of what Blizzard pull off, but imo, this has just not been good enough
    Well, I think it is good enough. They were all very polite and tried to help you. I doubt there was intentional lying going on.

Too bad about your key. Do it again and move on. You're creating drama about nothing. That is what I think.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow