Farming AP, speedrunning keys or islands?

I feel like chainpulling heroic islands with a coordinated group would be the most AP/hr. but I'm unsure.

Best way to farm AP is patience.

Just like Legion - no need to farm, the catch up mechanism will mean it will fall into your lap

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Now that all the content is released your best bet is to just do what you want. I usually clear big AP wqs, the emissary, a m+ or two and just do the weekly cap for expeditions. If you wanted to farm though usually heroic expeditions are the best. 225 each and about 10 minutes to complete.

Aveline's amazing work!

Best way is not to farm it. Play the game & take what you get.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It may take a while for you to get your answer since most players simply don't farm AP - it's usually unfun and almost purposeless. Letting it come naturally works for almost all the players.

Knock out a few emissaries here or there. Getting 23 is enough for heroic gear for the important tiers of traits.

The inner most rings are all defensive traits and not too impactful. It's not worth grinding out. Sure its nice to get some of these bonuses, but sometimes you get shafted with 2 bad choices (like bulwark of the masses or the run speed one) which are completely useless in raid.

0 reason to farm unless youre world top 20. I do 4 wq per day and the weekly island and m0 m+ ive unlocked third ring on my 340 items

I get that you want to grind it, thats fine.

My question is why? All the stuff past the outer ring is so minor. Theres no real reason to grind it, unless you think they are gonna rework it soon it some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I get that you want to grind it, thats fine.

My question is why?
    Rerolled and haven't hit 23 yet

Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    Rerolled and haven't hit 23 yet
    Fair enough =D glad I didn't jump to conclusions like everyone else in here.

Paper Wreck matched since textual content among Edward Cooke's book. Photograph: North Carolina Department of Natural or Cultural Resources. paperwreck.com

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've unlocked first 2 tiers even on hc gear without any grinding, not gonna grind for some defensive stuff and the ilvl increase need too many levels. Just gonna wait up until catch up mechanics come in for those two.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    0 reason to farm unless youre world top 20. I do 4 wq per day and the weekly island and m0 m+ ive unlocked third ring on my 340 items
    wtf, how?

doing the same, didnt missed any emissary till release of bfa.
    Every island expedition weekly cap, all dungeon quests , all dailys for the warfront , done 25/30 mythic 0 and about 20 m+ last week.

Im not even close to the third ring ( my amulet is 20 1/2 )

Is there a trick? Cant be that your so far ahead, i think youve done mostly every AP wq also?

If you need to ask this question, you don't really need a high azerite neck. Focus on what you think is fun. If you needed it, you would have definitely figured it out already.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Sure you need a high level Heart of Azeroth. I keep getting new high ilevel Azerite Gear that is worse than my current ones due to traits not being unlocked. I have done all emissaries since release, always done the 4x island expeditions to get the +2500 azerite bonus, I have done some mythics, I have kept on farming world quests outside the emissaries (boring as sin..) and whatnot and I'm still only 20,5 on the necklace and I keep getting new azerite gear that I should not use..