why exactly are weapon trades limited to type?

like, if you have a 370 int staff
    why cant you trade a 370 int dagger/sword?

it makes no sense

so blizzard can slow down the gearing process and milk out more play time.

Deleted
    The same reason I couldn't trade the 355 ring that was a downgrade over my 340s but I had to keep in my bags so I could trade any future rings I got.

Personal loot is crap.

Because 1% of the playerbase was doing split raiding (you still can, just can't funnel gear at the start). And now you all need to suffer for that.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2018-09-13 at 12:15 AM.

These are probably unintended results from a simplification of the system, at least the ring/trinket problem. I hope they will fix it soon

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    The same reason I couldn't trade the 355 ring that was a downgrade over my 340s but I had to keep in my bags so I could trade any future rings I got.

Personal loot is crap.
    While you can't trade items that are higher than what you had before, you don't need to keep them. It works on iLvl found, not iLvl possessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Because 1% of the playerbase was doing split raiding (you still can, just can't funnel gear at the start). And now you all need to suffer for that.
    again

while I agree

not the point

personal loot allows for trading of items if you have an item on the same slot with the same or lower ilvl

however you cant trade items that meet all of those criteria, because of some arbitrary reason

like it doesnt even maek sense

you cant trade agi swords/maces/axes if you have a dagger of the same ilvl

but you can trade int daggers/swords/maces/axes wands all you want

but you cant trade int staffs with int 1hs/offhands

but you can trade agi staffs if you have an int staff

all I'm asking for is consistency

Yeh I noticed this when in Kings rest a few weeks ago I changed loot spec to ret so I could give the sword to someone who mains ret in our guild. I already had a 340 1 hander weapon from holy so I figured my "weapon slot" was covered. Nope. Couldn't trade it even though I wanted to. At least I have BiS world quest/PVP item for my ret.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It works on iLvl found, not iLvl possessed.
    Not in the experience of the people I've been playing with.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Whatever the reason its gotta be a good one, since weve had it like this for over 2 years now and no change in sight.
    Im more and more starting to believe this is an intentional way to prolong gearing.

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there was a rogue playing assn/sub only. Yet one day he accidentally rolled outlaw loot and got a sword. Another rogue whispered him "Hey dude, you are playing sub, i see...could i have that sword? It's no use for you, anyway." Our rogue thought about it and then felt terribly pressured and intimidated by the request. He almost started to cry over it, because he just could not make up his mind.

So he ventured to the top of Blizzard-Mountain and cried out to the Ancient Spirit of Ion:
    "This no fair! I should not be having to think of this and feel bad!"

The Ancient Spirit of Ion agreed.

And now our Rogue is happy, because PL protects him from those requests of other players that could make him confused before.

He lived happily ever after....until he eventually quit.