Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Fel Rush: Is it really THAT hard?

Is it really THAT hard to make a fucking glyph or something that makes you STOP at the location of the first target hit by FR? Like Charge or Felblade?
    I mean, seriously, Fel Rush is cool, I like it, is very useful, and gives you great mobility and even damage. But come on, you just CANNOT use it in myth+ without underperforming against demonic.
    Demonic: Metamorphosis 30% uptime (at least!) which means: a lot of haste, a lot of damage, a lot of healing, and zero chance to fuck up.
    Momentum: 15% damage 80% uptime (more or less) and maaaany chances to fuck up, even UNUSABLE in some encounters.

I think they could remove the "chance to fuck up" by making this change and, therefore, make momentum more attractive.
    They could even use the Fel Mastery talent (yes, the one that NO ONE uses, but it still exists) instead of a glyph.
    Something like this:
    Fel Mastery - I̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶F̶e̶l̶ ̶R̶u̶s̶h̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶%̶ Fel Rush can be used at current target, making it move towards the target, and it stops when you reach melee range.

I JUST MADE IT UP! And it already is a way better talent, and it also makes you CONSIDER to pick this instead of Trail of Ruin or Fel Barrage.

I'm I the only one who think this? Or FR is already good and I'm just bitching because I'm a noob and I don't have the talent and skill of spotting walls and objects in the middle of a football field infested by pulls?

Sorry for the /cry, I just had to pull it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has a fixed range and it goes where you aim it. Hate to bring it to you but you might just need to practice a bit more.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    It has a fixed range and it goes where you aim it. Hate to bring it to you but you might just need to practice a bit more.
    backtracking so you may use it, that's fun and bfa in a nutshell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menax View Post
    backtracking so you may use it, that's fun and bfa in a nutshell
    Look at surroundings -> press vengeful retreat -> press fel rush and you’re back where you left. I’m not sure what you mean about backtracking.
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

Deleted
    Look at surroundings -> press vengeful retreat -> press fel rush and you’re back where you left. I’m not sure what you mean about backtracking.
    1: VR has a longer CD than FR. 2: if you play momentum in m+ you are using unbound chaos. For that you have to backtrack or else it wont hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: VR has a longer CD than FR. 2: if you play momentum in m+ you are using unbound chaos. For that you have to backtrack or else it wont hit.
    Gotcha, I've only played Vengeance and didn't know that.

Deleted
    Of course you can backtrack, look at the surroundings and all that. I'm not saying you can't.
    But, against demonic, you just underperform in myth+ and maybe even in raids.
    Also, suppose you are looking at the surroundings and you clearly see that you cannot use FR. Well, no problem! You just wait until you can! Like with demoni- oh wait...

Fel Rush is neither fun nor challenging for PvE (and I also think for PvP, since our lack of healing really makes any extra healing more than welcome, but that's not so punishing), FR just makes you smash your head against a wall like a re**rd so you can make more damage, or makes you cross a pull/boss, making you stay out of melee range even for a fraction of a second, but a combat is long, and you do many fel rushes, therefore you will be several seconds in total without making melee abilities. This kind of gameplay is just dumb (imo).

And yes, I know there are mobs with a hitbox big enough to not waste any second while Fel Rushing, we all know it, yet there aren't that many and you can't talent swap between pulls and boss all the time between momentum and demonic. I would be swapping all the time if I could, using momentum only with optimal conditions.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I feel ya. Just don't play momentum then, it's not super far ahead. I personally only switch to it in a few situations, like Zul or G'huun or certain mythics. Most of the time I stay in demonics since its good for big chunk of content. I'm pretty sure Blizzard had in mind not a single build but rather different gameplay.

The 'jump backwards and fel rush' bug has been in game since MoP (it worked for Roll). If you get good at it (or you have a hardware macro) you can just step back, jump, then rush/roll if you don't want the travel mechanic. The damage still travels the full path.

EDIT: For clarity, when you do this, unbound chaos also fires off where you are standing, and does not rush the full distance.
    Last edited by Narabug; 2018-09-14 at 03:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narabug View Post
    The 'jump backwards and fel rush' bug has been in game since MoP (it worked for Roll). If you get good at it (or you have a hardware macro) you can just step back, jump, then rush/roll if you don't want the travel mechanic. The damage still travels the full path.

EDIT: For clarity, when you do this, unbound chaos also fires off where you are standing, and does not rush the full distance.
    I wish that still worked, but it doesn't, at least not all the times. I don't know if you are using it or you just heard about it though.
    Remember that roll only starts its path when you are in contact with the ground, unlike FR.
    And also, even if that still worked, it's not pretty clear if you are allowed to use a "hardware macro" to perform that.

I disagree on the fixed range. Fel rush is very unpredictable due to terrain or just bugging. Typically it brings u just short of where you VR'd, sometimes it's over shooting that by a few yards. That has been my experience

10+ Year Old Account
    i normally do demonic and sometimes mess with momentum.

in the times that i do, i find it quirky because sometimes results are spectacular. but the way to get those results are inconsistent. so its more so the sequence of those results rather than the ability itself. for example. i realize that felrush cooldown is about to be ready. i see felblade has poced. id save that felblade, use fel rush, if i happen to overshoot i use felblade and away we go. if felblade is on cd, and felrush is off cd, and so is vengeful retreat. id use vengeful retreat to get back. though in both scenarios sometimes wierd stuff happens.

Like felblade is used, but nothing happens. like the damage applies but u are still not in melee range. or if you vengeful retreat and use felblade, same thing. damage applies yet you still fly back.

due to this inconsistency i just tend to stay demonic. in raids its easier to use momo compared to mythics due to the hit box on most bosses allowing u to be within range even if your aim is off. but demonic is just safer.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

It has a fixed range and it goes where you aim it.
    You're wrong on both of these points. The Fel Rush bug where it randomly brings you less than the distance it's supposed to has been back in the game since the BFA pre-patch. As for direction, most of the time yes it does bring you where you aim it, sometimes it will not. This has been an issue since Legion and never got fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    due to this inconsistency i just tend to stay demonic. in raids its easier to use momo compared to mythics due to the hit box on most bosses allowing u to be within range even if your aim is off. but demonic is just safer.
    This is what I do when I'm Havoc. I find that the increased complexity of the rotation that is required for Momentum to out-perform Demonic is not worth it for me. Yes, momentum does ~5% more damage with perfect rotations of each. On the flip side of that, momentum does significantly less with a poor rotation. For me, the risk is not worth the reward.

Fel Rush (and momentum builds) are just one of those things that have a very high skill floor to be effective on. I played with a Havoc DH in Legion that would always do ~25% more damage than any other DH I played with. The vast majority of players, however, are not going to spend 8 hours/day practicing and perfecting their rotation, and just want to run 1 raid a week and maybe a few dungeons. For those players, running the spec that sims the highest is not going to be worth the added complexity, and it's best to stick with what is easiest to execute.
    Last edited by Narabug; 2018-09-17 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narabug View Post
    This is what I do when I'm Havoc. I find that the increased complexity of the rotation that is required for Momentum to out-perform Demonic is not worth it for me. Yes, momentum does ~5% more damage with perfect rotations of each. On the flip side of that, momentum does significantly less with a poor rotation. For me, the risk is not worth the reward.

Fel Rush (and momentum builds) are just one of those things that have a very high skill floor to be effective on. I played with a Havoc DH in Legion that would always do ~25% more damage than any other DH I played with. The vast majority of players, however, are not going to spend 8 hours/day practicing and perfecting their rotation, and just want to run 1 raid a week and maybe a few dungeons. For those players, running the spec that sims the highest is not going to be worth the added complexity, and it's best to stick with what is easiest to execute.
    yeap. dont need to worry about two more things, ontop of Mythrax shooting purples lazors up the butt with my back turned to him, or Vectus outbreaks as I practice my sliding skills. in the end the age old wow rule still stands, the dead damage dealer does 0 dps.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

We had this disaster before DH's even existed with chi torpedo for monks. Monks hated it, and at least they had the animation cancel of jumping mid chi torpedo to massively reduce the travel distance to avoid displacement.

Somehow Blizzard thought it was a good idea to re-implement this garbage on another class.

The obvious solution would be to make fel rush make you stop and detonate on your selected traget for aoe damage. If no target selected, then it goes through mobs as usual.

Basically, make it stop once you collide with your chosen target, and suddenly fel rush wouldn't feel like total ass to use.

This is what I do when I'm Havoc. I find that the increased complexity of the rotation that is required for Momentum to out-perform Demonic is not worth it for me. Yes, momentum does ~5% more damage with perfect rotations of each.
    No it doesn't, that's why everybody is bandwagoning back onto demonic

Quote Originally Posted by Rysthruun View Post
    I disagree on the fixed range. Fel rush is very unpredictable due to terrain or just bugging. Typically it brings u just short of where you VR'd, sometimes it's over shooting that by a few yards. That has been my experience
    that time i fel rushed from SOB final boss 3rd platform right into the kraken's mouth

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck plays Momo in M+m
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Who the fuck plays Momo in M+m
    Who the fuck thinks m+ is the only content we have