Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Honestly, I was almost certain that if Zandalar comes to the game, Hakkar the Soulflayer will be the main boss of the first raid. His story, as well as Zul's, was at the ready since Cata 4.1, Hakkar was boss in Classic, so high time for him to be remade in a modern-WoW style boss.

Blood trolls are what he is since he is Loa of Blood. And well, in fact he is STILL canon, according to wowpedia. He took part in history of Zandalar. So it would be really logical to make him the boss of the first raid of BfA.
    And then they pull some new dude out of nowhere, say that he is a blood god too, and those two have NO relation at all! What the fel?

Why would you create new, identical character never mentioned before ANYWHERE, if you already have everything you need? They have uncontrollble Uld-fetish? And what do they suppose to do with Hakkar now? He's still free, still loa of blood. Make another raid with him? Or just pretend he never existed at all?

Edit: looks like many people here failed to see the exact meaning of used word "replace". Here I mean that G'huun replaced Hakkar as an acting role in scenario. He was to be a Blood God, evil loa, object of worship of the blood trolls, who are local antagonists in Zandalar storyline. That's exactly what he did in the past, all is set up for that. Still, they just made completely different character for playing a very same role.
    Hakkar has no interest in controlling the world, Hakkar had no interest in most of anything that happened in Uldir. The lore makes perfect sense and Hakkar still has a different role to fill in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Hakkar has no interest in controlling the world, Hakkar had no interest in most of anything that happened in Uldir. The lore makes perfect sense and Hakkar still has a different role to fill in WoW.
    ...This. As it happens, I did Heroic ZG 85 this morning. Hakkar was rezzed but was immediately bound by the final boss in the spirit world. During the final phase of the fight you actually have to "Free" Hakkar, who thanks you by letting you live. He says he'll "deal with you another time", meaning he's still around somewhere.

Folks need to keep in mind Lorewise, the Zandalari were driven out or slaughtered in ZG so they have no idea about Hakkar being successfully rezzed (They know he was initially killed years before), let alone he's out there somewhere. As far as they know, their efforts to re-establish a foothold in ZG failed. They know nothing else beyond that.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Almiria View Post
    So you prefer them reintroducing old things / characters again and again instead of creating and developping new stories ?
    They foreshadowed his return in Cataclysm, and he has yet to return

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Almiria View Post
    So you prefer them reintroducing old things / characters again and again instead of creating and developping new stories ?
    Well no I'd like them to address plot lines they established 4 expansions ago? When Hakkar was reborn again?

I don't think G'Huun should have been replaced but he certainly should have been made subservient to G'huun and played a story in the leveling at the very least. Like Ysera, a big fight at the end of a zone.
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-09-13 at 12:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trolls seem to have a weakness to anything that calls itself a blood god. It's only a matter of time until they learn about Khorne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    G'huun didn't replace Hakkar. Read the lore. Stop with headcanons. Hakkar is not forgotten. He was mentioned in some Zandalari texts. He is forbidden.

Basically, a long, long time ago, he acted in Zandalar, but he was banished and is now forbidden. The first boss of King's Rest is a defense mechanism against him. Hakkar is mysterious - this is the beauty of his character. More lovecraftian than any current Old God, since we know their names, their appearances, their origins, locations, objectives, family, etc. Hakkar is still Hakkar. He doesn't even need to be a Raid Boss - he's good enough to be an expansion's main antagonist if Blizzard wants to. Not everything should be a loot piñata (poor Lei Shen).

More characters is a good thing. It amplifies the Lore. No need for Hakkar to be the only Blood-related deity in the lore, otherwise we wouldn't have Helya, Bwonsamdi and the Lich King having power over the dead's spirits.

Edit: Vectis is a combination of Hakkar's Blood Plague and G'huun's power. The same Blood Plague that almost decimated the population of Zandalar ages ago - a Troll tried to actually summon Hakkar in Zandalar, but failed. Yet, the plague appeared.
    I agree that he doesn't need to be a raid boss and i agree that we don't need blizzard to end him. I don't like the idea of uncovering his mystery and putting him into a raid or dungeon for killing, it's just underwhelming ending for him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    "Loa is the name given by trolls to the beings they worship, such as the Wild Gods, beings such as Kith'ix or G'huun, or spirits like wisps." - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Loa

Loa is a vague term that is pretty much used for powerful spirits, even if the being that possesses that spirit is alive.
    I'm kinda disappointed that there was no crazy hermit troll that worshiped a pet rock and referred to him as loa
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    New writing team, a lot of stuff is going to take a side sweeped away for new stuff. Look at Wrathion I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard never mention him again and that he is just being phased out.

G'huun and Hakkar is actually the same person. Just wait until we do the scooby doo and pull off his mask!

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    New writing team, a lot of stuff is going to take a side sweeped away for new stuff. Look at Wrathion I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard never mention him again and that he is just being phased out.
    The dragonflights are probably my favorite part of WoW lore, but Wrathion did just come out of nowhere and the story feels really forced. I'm just chiming in since you brought up the name, not really arguing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    The dragonflights are probably my favorite part of WoW lore, but Wrathion did just come out of nowhere and the story feels really forced. I'm just chiming in since you brought up the name, not really arguing.
    He really did, I am not a huge Wrathian fan but he has his fans :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Well no I'd like them to address plot lines they established 4 expansions ago? When Hakkar was reborn again?

I don't think G'Huun should have been replaced but he certainly should have been made subservient to G'huun and played a story in the leveling at the very least. Like Ysera, a big fight at the end of a zone.
    He wasn't reborn. We were in the spirit world.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    He wasn't reborn. We were in the spirit world.
    Well ethier way. It's shows his still active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well ethier way. It's shows his still active.
    That's always the case for most things with loas, except those sacrificed in some particular way.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    BC just made Draenei or the eredar race not all just evil demons. It gave individuals like Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden depth. Cataclysm wasn't really a disaster, it was a starting point of what became of MoP, you can argue Deathwing was treated completely right but not a disaster.

Either they forgot or Hakkar is being used for something else.
    I disagree completely with you but everyone is entitled to have their own opinion right. MoP wasn't any better, if anything it was an april's fool joke transformed into an xpac.
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2018-09-13 at 02:17 PM.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    That's always the case for most things with loas, except those sacrificed in some particular way.
    Regardless of Lore Hakkar made promise to return and so set up the expectation of his return. It's a plot thread and Zandalar was the perfect place to pick up

Still hoping we see him again. He did swear vengeance and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Regardless of Lore Hakkar made promise to return and so set up the expectation of his return. It's a plot thread and Zandalar was the perfect place to pick up
    Early days yet - I am still expecting Hakkar to reappear at some point in BfA, and would be somewhat disappointed if this doesn't happen. The loss of G'huun and the subsequent power vacuum among the Blood Trolls (still numerous despite G'huun's eventual defeat) seems like the perfect place for a being like Hakkar to assert himself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    There is still a ton of expansion left. Maybe he'll have a dungeon or raid later on.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there will be a new riddle in 8.4.
    You have to find his seven spirit infused Horcruxes and then Hakkar will make a fine mount....

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    I can't imagine Hakkar not showing up in a Zandalari troll expansion.
    Remember when Mal'Ganis showed up in Legion? Yeah, I wouldn't put past Blizzard.