Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I don't like to play in a guild setting because I rather not deal with people raging, criticizing, flaming or demanding anything from me, also I don't like to stick on a schedule or farming stuff. I like to create my groups and do my stuff the way I want to.

I haven't ever felt such frustration like in bfa. Legion was similar but it was nowhere as terrible. To summarize, I had a +7 shrine of the storm keystone and now it is down to +3 and that's funny but 4 times in a row people left AFTER the second boss. All of the runs were great and we even killed the second boss in that dungeon easily which is supposed to be the hardest part of that dungeon. The problem? at all 4 times something went wrong on the trash after the boss and many died, either a ninja pull or lack of interupt or whatever and every single time someone left the group, YES it happened 4 fucking times in a row, we didn't even miss the timer or anything yet people left.

Now I have lost the will to run this fucking dungeon anymore times, I already had to deal with +7 king rest first boss and improve my stone up from +4 x2 times, I rather not do it again. At this point, I rather have my stone getting depleted instead of downgraded, depletion still sucked but it was better. Is it hard for blizzard to reward player's effort and time? is it hard for them to understand the frustration we feel and the time we lose when a motherfucker ruins everyone?

Also I notice a terrible behavior from players on other aspects of the game, everyone leaves the group after 1-2 wipes even when it looks like the boss will die easily, PvP players flame A LOT. There is one reason all this shit happens, blizzard doesn't reward time and effort but instead it rewards accomplishment, also most of the aspects of the game are aids and that cause frustration to the players so if something goes wrong they just don't have the stamina to endure it because they don't enjoy the game to begin with. Everyone can just leave without a cost. Blizzard must punish the players who do this or at least reward
    those who tried.

I guess I will stick with pvp for this expansion because arena and rated bg are probably the only fun thing of this crappy game and very rewarding. I used to pug curves and very high m+ on legion, I did this since the launch of bfa too but both of those are aids now. Uldir is completely imbalanced and requires a different setup for each boss so you can't just bring 10 people and have fun like in legion, some bosses will be very hard or impossible for a pug with 10 people. Also M+ is one of the worst aids in the game, the early tyrannical/fortified in addition to the already failed mechanics (like downgrade) makes this aspect worse than ever.

All in all, Legion was a much better expansion, raids were balanced, the M+ system was balanced for everyone, the scaling was perfect and you didn't have to farm for rep. The only thing that bfa does well is PvP, all the aspects of pvp are good. Everything else is terrible.
    The problem lies in front of the PC honestly.

You're doing Content that was specifically designed for Groups, so you're often gonna have a bad experience when doing some of this Content with pugs.
    If you want to Play alone that's fine, Blizzard has specifically been adding Content for Players like you since Wotlk. You can do low m+ keys, lfr, normal Raids, random bgs and skirmishes without any issues.

However if you want to do anything beyond that, but still want to have a fun experience, then you simply gotta find a proper Group of friends or a guild (or just deal with toxicity). Heroic Raids and high m+ keys pugs are super toxic environments, where most of the People are very bad and are unwilling to learn. Wipe once, everyone leaves.

It absolutely wasn't any better in Legion. M+ 10-15 and heroic Raids were just a fucking shitshow all the time. Only at the end of the xpac where everyone was overgeared anyways was slightly better. The first time I managed to kill Guldan on heroic (in 7.1.5) was with a guild Group. Before that I'd wipe 20+ times with pugs where everyone had kill xp and good ilvl... and yet everyone died in Phase 1 to the beam.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-09-13 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting Journey View Post
    Use raider io take people who clear 8 to ten constantly. People suck filter them.
    would be nice if Blizzard actually fixed their m+ boards, I literally havent had any runs from last week besides wednesday counted, our whole group was "unknown." I mean, we were top realm Shrine and third Motherlode at the time, but it didnt count because reasons, now pugs are already requiring 700 for 8+, while I have around 400 instead because Blizzard...

I don't like to play in a guild setting because I rather not deal with people raging, criticizing, flaming or demanding anything from me, also I don't like to stick on a schedule or farming stuff. I like to create my groups and do my stuff the way I want to.

I haven't ever felt such frustration like in bfa. Legion was similar but it was nowhere as terrible. To summarize, I had a +7 shrine of the storm keystone and now it is down to +3 and that's funny but 4 times in a row people left AFTER the second boss. All of the runs were great and we even killed the second boss in that dungeon easily which is supposed to be the hardest part of that dungeon. The problem? at all 4 times something went wrong on the trash after the boss and many died, either a ninja pull or lack of interupt or whatever and every single time someone left the group, YES it happened 4 fucking times in a row, we didn't even miss the timer or anything yet people left.

Now I have lost the will to run this fucking dungeon anymore times, I already had to deal with +7 king rest first boss and improve my stone up from +4 x2 times, I rather not do it again. At this point, I rather have my stone getting depleted instead of downgraded, depletion still sucked but it was better. Is it hard for blizzard to reward player's effort and time? is it hard for them to understand the frustration we feel and the time we lose when a motherfucker ruins everyone?

Also I notice a terrible behavior from players on other aspects of the game, everyone leaves the group after 1-2 wipes even when it looks like the boss will die easily, PvP players flame A LOT. There is one reason all this shit happens, blizzard doesn't reward time and effort but instead it rewards accomplishment, also most of the aspects of the game are aids and that cause frustration to the players so if something goes wrong they just don't have the stamina to endure it because they don't enjoy the game to begin with. Everyone can just leave without a cost. Blizzard must punish the players who do this or at least reward
    those who tried.

I guess I will stick with pvp for this expansion because arena and rated bg are probably the only fun thing of this crappy game and very rewarding. I used to pug curves and very high m+ on legion, I did this since the launch of bfa too but both of those are aids now. Uldir is completely imbalanced and requires a different setup for each boss so you can't just bring 10 people and have fun like in legion, some bosses will be very hard or impossible for a pug with 10 people. Also M+ is one of the worst aids in the game, the early tyrannical/fortified in addition to the already failed mechanics (like downgrade) makes this aspect worse than ever.

All in all, Legion was a much better expansion, raids were balanced, the M+ system was balanced for everyone, the scaling was perfect and you didn't have to farm for rep. The only thing that bfa does well is PvP, all the aspects of pvp are good. Everything else is terrible.

You are probably not a nice guy if people keep flaming you etc.

Anyways: almost every guild has a social rank these days and you have better luck finding people there that won't give up.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    That is pretty much the answer.

It's an MMO, you are supposed to deal with people's good and bad stuff if you want nice things, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    I reconize this behaviour. We even failed a +5 king's rest because non of the DPS (we were a healer/tank combo) was switching to the adds first boss (that is a insta wipe) and they kept doing this hence just leaving and our key downgrading.
    ?

Not switching to the adds is the way to go (well maybe not at high key tyrannical i dunno but definitively for +5), just be sure to dump the poo away from the boss and stun/slow/hard cc them, move and tunnel the boss. So problem was tanking: you or your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

You're doing Content that was specifically designed for Groups, so you're often gonna have a bad experience when doing some of this Content with pugs.
    If you want to Play alone that's fine, Blizzard has specifically been adding Content for Players like you since Wotlk. You can do low m+ keys, lfr, normal Raids, random bgs and skirmishes without any issues.

However if you want to do anything beyond that, but still want to have a fun experience, then you simply gotta find a proper Group of friends or a guild (or just deal with toxicity). Heroic Raids and high m+ keys pugs are super toxic environments, where most of the People are very bad and are unwilling to learn. Wipe once, everyone leaves.

It absolutely wasn't any better in Legion. M+ 10-15 and heroic Raids were just a fucking shitshow all the time. Only at the end of the xpac where everyone was overgeared anyways was slightly better. The first time I managed to kill Guldan on heroic (in 7.1.5) was with a guild Group. Before that I'd wipe 20+ times with pugs where everyone had kill xp and good ilvl... and yet everyone died in Phase 1 to the beam.
    We killed guldan at 50 ish try at that night as guild group. With pug it takes 3-4 wipes to dismiss group.

All I saw was a bunch of excuses for not joining a guild. It's no one's fault but yours. Not all guilds are as you describe, stop being emo.

But this is in line with the rest of your small novels of why you're tired of playing WoW. Nothing new.

those who tried.

If you want solo(no guild) only do wq and petbattle ,even hc dungeon eith retards is pain. You try to do m+7
    And your group comp must be bad in a way. Having 3 ranged or 3 melee is very bad comp.I prefer 2 melee 1 ranged specifically for interrupts. If they dont do interrupts then they dont deserve loot.
    As an example for leaving: we were doing underrot +6, 4 ppl from guild including tank ,healer from pug. I told tank not to pull small worms at the entance he pulled , we wiped. He went left instead of right(into 2 big adds) we wiped. We killed boss no issue. Before second boss he didnot kill all adds. I told him lets kill all adds and pull boss. He said no need. He pulled the boss. Boss (in running around phase ) spit larva into the trash that we didnot kill. All larva that we could not crash ( because they are close to thrash) and all mobs around larva came to us , we wiped. And tank blamed us for pulling adds.we explained him that it is his fault but healer left already. So who can blame the leaver? Tank seems not knowing strat. Maybe you are that kind of person, not knowing anything. But expect to finish.
    Last edited by Mgemnusratsl; 2018-09-13 at 05:39 PM.

Don't know what you are expecting anyone to say, tbh =P

The only real solution to your problem is either creating/finding a guild or creating/finding a group of people to do dungeons with regularly.

If you are willing to interact with pugs anyway, I really don't get how you wouldn't be willing to play with a regular group of like-minded people. Just need to find the right ones, and you get a bunch of advantages despite the risk of drama or whatever - playing with the same people, even if at first some might make some mistakes or still be learning/gearing, over time you will have regular runs with a group that knows what to do and is ready to do it with minimal effort and little risk of leavers and whatnot.

If you don't want that, well that's on you I guess. There's little anyone can do (that's actually fair and doesn't create opportunities for abuse) to change strangers' behavior online in a game, really.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2018-09-13 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgemnusratsl View Post
    If you want solo(no guild) only do wq and petbattle ,even hc dungeon eith retards is pain. You try to do m+7
    And your group comp must be bad in a way. Having 3 ranged or 3 melee is very bad comp.I prefer 2 melee 1 ranged specifically for interrupts. If they dont do interrupts then they dont deserve loot.
    As an example for leaving: we were doing underrot +6, 4 ppl from guild healer from pug. I told tank not to pull small worms at the entance he pulled , we wiped. He went left instead of right(into 2 big adds) we wiped. We killed boss no issue. Before second boss he didnot kill all adds. I told him lets kill all adds and pull boss. He said no need. He pulled the boss. Boss (in running around phase ) spit larva into the trash that we didnot kill. All larva that we could not crash ( because they are close to thrash) and all mobs around larva came to us , we wiped. And tank blamed us for pulling adds.we explained him that it is his fault but healer left already. So who can blame the leaver? Tank seems not knowing strat. Maybe you are that kind of person, not knowing anything. But expect to finish.
    This is a good example of why pugs are terrible and toxic. But the WORST thing about this is that this tank probably still thinks that he did everything alright, so he's still gonna be terrible next time. This is the main reason why I stopped playing "higher" Content with pugs, because People just don't want to learn. The only time when they're gonna finish something is when everyone is overgeared.

When I Play with friends and they fuck up something, at least I know that they're gonna learn from their mistakes and do better next time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    ?

Not switching to the adds is the way to go (well maybe not at high key tyrannical i dunno but definitively for +5), just be sure to dump the poo away from the boss and stun/slow/hard cc them, move and tunnel the boss. So problem was tanking: you or your friend.
    But you don't know where the pools got placed do you? Don't make a fool out of yourself by telling me you can kite the boss ez mode with pools everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    The skill cap for the average shitter in PuGs is a +3 or +4. It's a miserable fucking experience to try to push M+ without a reliable group of talented people to play with, consistently.

Apparently the only way to play now is to rely on some 3rd party website's rating of you and use their addon to filter everybody that doesn't have high enough reputation with that website. It's gearscore 2.0 on steriods. When did this game get so fucking stupid?

"lewl, sorry brah, you can't do any content because this website doesn't think highly enough of you. omegalewl!"

What a fucking community.
    wow does that exist? Does it track everyone, evne those without addon for it or?

I dont really bother pushing for high m+. I do my 2-4 sometimes and normal raids. I love healing, but god damn it can be a pain in pugs.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2018-09-13 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    But you don't know where the pools got placed do you? Don't make a fool out of yourself by telling me you can kite the boss ez mode with pools everywhere?
    Well you said not switching to adds is an instant wipe. No it's absolutely not. Now if pools are dumped left, right, on the boss, everywhere, sure guys are at fault, but the story has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    wow does that exist? Does it track everyone, evne those without addon for it or?

I dont really bother pushing for high m+. I do my 2-4 sometimes and normal raids. I love healing, but god damn it can be a pain in pugs.
    Blizzard lists the weekly 100 best runs on their "mm+ leaderboard" for each server (key level, time, and players/spec). Their API lists the 500 best runs for the week. So no need for addon, anyone can grab those lists on a regular basis and keep track of it. Then you only need to make a daily update to an addon that allow to have that information ingame.

As only the "best" runs for your server at any given time are registered, depending on your server pop (and when you do the key in the week), it is very likely your 2-4 keys won't register. That should not be an issue because such system only really means something when you're doing difficult content, but as almost any wannabee elitist in the game wants to do it like the pro, they'll check it for doing that +4, and see you have a "0 score", lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    Well you said not switching to adds is an instant wipe. No it's absolutely not. Now if pools are dumped left, right, on the boss, everywhere, sure guys are at fault, but the story has changed.

Blizzard lists the weekly 100 best runs on their "mm+ leaderboard" for each server (key level, time, and players/spec). Their API lists the 500 best runs for the week. So no need for addon, anyone can grab those lists on a regular basis and keep track of it. Then you only need to make a daily update to an addon that allow to have that information ingame.

As only the "best" runs for your server at any given time are registered, depending on your server pop (and when you do the key in the week), it is very likely your 2-4 keys won't register. That should not be an issue because such system only really means something when you're doing difficult content, but as almost any wannabee elitist in the game wants to do it like the pro, they'll check it for doing that +4, and see you have a "0 score", lol.
    Ah ok, thanks for the info!

On my Horde-main I am alone in my guilds former self(we were Horde before) and even if it can be frustrating doing pugs and all that, my god it's good to be alone now and then! :P

I am also spamming SotS for the weapons and transmog-set, if you play on EU I can join

I have a lot of sympathy for the OP. I played the entirety of legion solo outside of going with a some alt runs with friends. It is not easy. I actually have some friends to run m+ with or with guilds I can hop into an alt run with. But often times I end up trying to pug AotC or get that m10 done. It's insanely frustrating. If nothing else, having a guild is having a consistent group of players who are all willing to sit there and wipe with you for 3 hours.

All that said, I'd quit pugs after a few pulls, if you the group can't do early mechanics, the boss isn't going down. If 1/3 of the DPS is getting out DPS by a disc priest, there's a lot of problems. Hence, once I realize these things, I'd leave.

Being guildless is hard. If you have your own key it's fine. But I'm on one of the heaviest populated servers in US, getting a raider.io score is a challenge. If you want to raid mythic, hope you impress a guild enough that they'd invite you every week without you actually joining. I guess my point is I sympathize with the issues you're going through. I'd suggest slow down a bit. There's a lot of bad players out there (I've learned this week that 3/4 hunters I'm in a pug with don't have a lust pet). Sometimes you're going to get unlucky. At least try to make some friends that can help you along.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

Yes it tracks everyone. All it looks at is what dungeons you've done and assign a score. But only if someone in the group is top 500 on the server for that run. So basically if you're on a heavily populated raiding server, your score will be a lot worse than if you're in a dead server (doing the same dungeons).
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    I've never been in a guild where people are constantly raging/criticizing/flaming.

If everyone you interact with is an asshole, maybe you should consider why this is happening to you and not most people.
    Thing is in this game that everything is a popularity contest. Guy A and Guy B get in an argument. A is polite, keeps on topic, and stops when things get too heated. B is swearing, throwing around personal insults, and keeps ranting even after an officer says to quit it. Guess who doesn't gets kicked? The guy the majority of the people in the guild like. Guy A is left wondering what happened when he logs on guildless the next day while Guy B is laughing it up in guild chat that he won again.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Funny how this is never happening to me? lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    This happen when u join CESSPOOL guilds, u end up with shitters and that taints ur perception of what guilds are.

Also, this is an MMO, ur not ment to be going "solo mode"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s