Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Alliance was three zones all with the same concept: one of our allies betrayed us.

Then the Drust were entirely undersold. They never get established as a major threat, only a localized one, and we clean them up by zones end, it was just awful. You are left wanting more and with their leader dead and their followers demolished, we'll not be getting more. What was the point of all that cool wicker stuff?

Nor does it help that Stormsong and Tiragarde are both zones with very small storylines and then lots of disconnected filler. You go in and you're done with the major plot point in an hour or two.

I've heard many say that Alliance has more world building. Which is somewhat true. Except that world building largely happens in the major plot lines anyway, the filler just remains pointless filler.

Then of course Kul Tiras is just all humans all the time, which makes the zones merge together all the more. Again I've seen the argument "Well its Kul Tiras of course its all humans!". But then on Horde side we have major storylines involving Vulpera, Sethrek, and Tortollans. Alliance doesn't have anything like that, just constant human. All with a nautical theme; at least the evil trolls look entirely separate from the others.

I keep seeing the same thing in defense of the Alliance story: its building towards something. And I dont see it. Azshara is only a "major" player in one zone. Outside of that Alliance has kul tiras now which is now united under Jaina; unlike Horde who, yes, do have the Zandalari, the empire itself is shakey due to the wildcard that is Bwonsamdi. Likewise when we get more Azshara stuff you can guarantee Horde is also going to be involved in their own way as well so it wont be an Alliance only thing. Alliance isnt building up any more than Horde, which arguably has more on its plate with Sylvaanas, Saurfang, Bwonsamdi, and Vol'Jin

EDIT:

This is all ignoring that the Alliance zones are also far less varied. Horde has a normal sort of open air zone with lots of temples. A dark evil swamp. And a desert.

Alliance has: Verdant valley. Hilly valley with darker skybox. Mountainous valley with an even darker skybox.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2018-09-13 at 03:36 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I believe that will happen when we get Kul Tiran Humans as a playable race!
    If they do that, they have really missed the mark on proper storytelling! lol

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loved Kul'tiras, hated Zandalar.

I guess pirates, sea monsters, old gods and witch hunting just appeal to me more than Trolls.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Not really, but it is different. In Kul'tiras the zones' story are more contained to the zones themselves. The only notion you get is that you need to unite the 3 houses of Kul'tiras. In zandalar, the story between the zones is more coherent. Everything has, in one way or another, to do with G'huun. In Nazmir you deal with the blood trolls, in Vol'dun you go after a general tha's also in league with G'Huun. And in Zuldazar it's the same thing with Zul.

I didn't really find the Kul'tiras story boring, but it was really fucking predictable. In Tiragarde you know what's up after the first set of quests. In Stormsong it's the same where it becomes obvious that stormsong was in league with the OG's and in Drustvar it was really obvious that miss waycrest was behind the whole fiasco, with gorak tul guiding her.

So, not boring, but really predictable. Drustvar also had a very fitting atmosphere.
    That was a very odd thing in Tiragarde. They established what was going on at the very start. Then rest of the zone was just you going along for a, boring, ride. All three of the Alliance zones feel like they have their ending, at the start.

Horde you kinda get that in Nazmir, but Nazmir has its own twists. Vol'Dun was just one giant rollarcoaster of "whats going to happen next?!" and the third zone? The betrayal wasn't NEARLY as obvious as the Alliance one, nor was it shoved into your face on the LITERALLY FIRST QUEST like Tiragarde is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    Loved Kul'tiras, hated Zandalar.

I guess pirates, sea monsters, old gods and witch hunting just appeal to me more than Trolls.
    What sea monsters? There were no sea monsters. Except the old gods. Those are one in the same here.

What witch hunting? You just go and roflestomp them like anyone else. Infact the storyline was constantly nonsensical in that it revolved around finding none-magic means to combat a threat, in a setting where magic is commonplace. The questline was neat, but it did not fit into the setting at all.

What about Vol'Dun? Or the nature gods? Don't undersell one side and over state another.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly, quillboars as a threat? Why... this is one of the reasons why I dislike Stormsong. I don't have anything against quillboars but as some kind of major threat in a faction war / old god driven expansion? Uhm.

Agree on Drustvar! I mean I thought there would be more with Thornspeakers after I get to know their "chief" but I just go to him to hand in a quest... and that's it?
    Anything that attacks your farmlands is a major threat if you want to have enough food especially with a possible war coming.