Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    In which case: Why would you buy it? This is literally a QQ thread for the sake of it. Don't want it? Don't buy it. 50$ too much? Don't buy it. But let people do what they want with their money, it is not yours to decide.

Just to be clear: I won't be buying the VT, but this desperate need to make one topic of ridicule after the other is getting pathetic.
    Well actually reckless spending and enabling anti-consumer business practices is unethical and only serves to give power to the corporations at the expense of everyday people. People like to use the "what's 50 dollars, I make 5k a month I have money" argument but that's complete horseshit and you should always aim to get the most value out of your money because corporations certainly will try to squeeze every penny they can from their efforts. The very cornerstone of working capitalism is that the consumer never gets brand-loyal and always demands as much as possible. Even if you don't give a shit personally because you're loaded, you should still do it for the sake of other people

Of course if you want to argue whether 50 dollars for a virtual ticket is shitty business practice or not is another thing. That's why the thread was made to begin with, to discuss that. "Just don't buy it lol" doesn't exactly add anything to the conversation

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine being so poor $50 breaks the bank so you cry about it on a message board.

Can’t afford it? Don’t buy it, move on. No reason to cry and moan all day.

Yes it’s more expensive. There’s 2 times the amount of virtual goods being given away as opposed to when they first came out with virtual tickets when there was literally only Wow, Diablo, and SC2.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Yeah. I dunno if they're doing mounts again, but last year's mounts were nuts. Two-person flying mounts with an iconic look based off of a major faction asset? I have no regrets.
    Yep, basically they need to top the last year's mount reward for me to bother buying it (I bought it with gold / tokens last year).

However I think only 2 times they've given a mount, last year, and somewhere ages ago the "big blizzard bear".

If it's 10th flavour of a murloc pet I'm defo not buying it.

I stopped playing Diablo and Hearthstone, and never played Overwatch, so the rewards for other games don't really add much value for me.

The streams are often not worth the time. I remember last Blizzcon they spent well over 1 hour hyping up islands and typical Blizzard fashion live version is nothing alike to the hyped presentation. The enemy npcs are dumb and easier than mobs, only jump like monkeys. The mobs are dumb, just overtuned with tons of cc and 1-shot abilities you can't get out of due to rooted / stunned / disoriented spam. There is no "clever" solution "pick this shell, stun the mob, steal azerite and run" they tried to sell, because 1) mob will keep you in combat FOREVER 2) some azerite bags are locked until the mob is defeated anyway. Exploring the special portals often ends up as a time loss instead of adding value.

So generally if I'm gonna be spending 1h watching something that ends up being a lie, no thanks.

I only buy it for in-game content, never watched the stream (quality is a joke and they have their own player for it), I just watch cosplay content on YouTube later.
    Plus it's like 25 bucks in Russia so I'm fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Dude, you had better be a time traveling dinosaur cum collector to be able to make that kind of bank an hour.
    Or just have a STEM degree and a modicum of ambition (US, at least... EU pays their engineers crap). Better than collecting dino cum.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    but those WoW panels can tell you all about the future shit they're going to add, then fuck it up and not test it properly.

they can also have questions about completely meaningless and pointless shit from some pathetic ugly neckbeard about some retarded lore no-one gives a flying fuck about instead of answering why the azerite system is so trash, why class design is so fucked up, why they don't communicate with the community at all etc.
    Oh really. I clearly remember the "Island Expedition Deep Dive Panel". Nothing of value was said during these 30 minutes. Just compare them to the class and system panels from Blizzcon 2009/2010 for example. They had tons of info while last Blizzcon's panels literally AVOIDED to give any useful information to the players.

Just like the last video they released "dev insights" into Warfronts which contained to insights at all.

The contents of that video can easily be summed up into: We have Warfronts, they have amazing AI, we are excited about it. Especially it didn't tell us anything we already didn't know. It was a real waste of the viewers time it what it was. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    I work for a somewhat big game retailer and we've already been told to prepare for some big Diablo news... still meh for people like me who aren't too keen on it.
    Ah ok cool. I never really got into Diablo 1 & 2, played D3 a bit though. But once I completed the story I quickly got bored of it hehe..

Well, atleast there will be some awesome cinematics. They are always good there, no matter the game.

If i wasn't going i'd be buying it but this will be 8 or 9 or 10? years in a row attending
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    50 bucks is like what? 500k gold on US? 800k on EU atm. Not a big deal. Whining for the sake of whining.

/sigh
    50$ for a con ticket is very expensive. In CAN it's 64.99$, definitly not worth that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Oh really. I clearly remember the "Island Expedition Deep Dive Panel". Nothing of value was said during these 30 minutes.
    Omg, you too? Worst part is what they said there isn't even true. There's no "smart" way of dealing with islands as they described "disorient the mob, steal the azerite and run", you have to kill every goddamn mob that puts you in combat, because it will never leash, never stop following you unless your class has an aggro drop (or you die). And even then it could just keep your teammate in combat because they healed you. This is absolutely contradictory to what they wasted 1 hour talking about on Blizzcon.

It's like WOD all over again when they spent ages explaining stuff about garrisons and then majority of what they talked about was either cut or changed.

I haven't seen the warfront yet cuz alliance, but I'm already worried it won't live up to the hype they made for it on Blizzcon. So generally watching Blizzcon makes me lose enjoyment from playing wow because it ups the expectations and then content doesn't deliver.

5+ Year Old Account
    I guess those whales can be milked even further.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Protip:

When the event starts, go to ustream. Click the nav menu option that lets you browse active streams, then sort by views. A Blizzcon re-stream will be near the top 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    It could be $200 and I'd still pay it because BLIZZARD IS #1 OOOH YEEEAH ME LIKEY BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT PLEASE TAKE ALL MY MONEY! USA! USA! USA!
    I chuckled. I'd thumbs up if I could. Thanks for my first laugh of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Oh really. I clearly remember the "Island Expedition Deep Dive Panel". Nothing of value was said during these 30 minutes. Just compare them to the class and system panels from Blizzcon 2009/2010 for example. They had tons of info while last Blizzcon's panels literally AVOIDED to give any useful information to the players.

Just like the last video they released "dev insights" into Warfronts which contained to insights at all.

The contents of that video can easily be summed up into: We have Warfronts, they have amazing AI, we are excited about it. Especially it didn't tell us anything we already didn't know. It was a real waste of the viewers time it what it was. Nothing else.
    yeah the panels get worse and worse, at this point it's literally, LOOK SKINS MOUNTS PETS AND SHIT!!!! oh and these useless wanker devs will blag their way through telling you how great wow is and the future is amazing, then you log in game and it's like....fucking liars.

I have purchased a Virtual Ticket every year that it was available except last year. It's really disappointing that most of the panels interesting to me--the art panels, the design panels for various games, the animation panels--are not available to view on the Virtual Ticket. On top of that, the digital reward needs to be excellent to be worth paying the extra price for a hyped-up e-sports stream. I don't really care about Overwatch that much.

I'm not trying to sound like a party pooper here, but the Virtual Ticket has legitimate problems for the side of the consumers' experience.

They'll include the Necromancer for Diablo and everyone will cheer them for it.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Implying everyone farms the fuck out of wow gold? Ive legit played since the start of vanilla, have the same account, have never had more than 200k gold at one time, and only use it for basics. (repairs, calss / proff trainer costs, buying some food and flasks once in a while)

What a chore it would be for me to create 800k gold to buy the trivial shit that i could just watch a day or two later for free
    They're the kind of person who thinks people should be rewarded for their stupidity instead of being held accountable. How else do you think companies like EA still manage to be in business?

I don't even watch the panels anymore, I just want the items. It's pretty cheap, gold-wise.

I've bought all the virtual tickets...not this year though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    50 bucks is like what? 500k gold on US? 800k on EU atm. Not a big deal. Whining for the sake of whining.

/sigh
    Yeah and it’s like 1% of my monthly pay, yet what makes it OK to raise the price like that when they don’t offer anything new?

You seem to be rather less intelligent if you just accept all kind of raises within prices without asking questions.

./Sigh.

Not buying this one either, I´ve bought all other virtual tickets, but really blizzard got no decent e-sports I care about, and the panels is just garbage..
    Last edited by mmoc90e4a9a230; 2018-09-13 at 06:24 PM.