Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So, is the 7th Legion meant to be a joke faction?

I haven't been able to take the 7th Legion seriously at all. Misplaced modern military jargon, memes all over, constant movie quotes, fumbling around all over the place. I just can't see how blizzard could have thought them a serious faction in BfA, I can never take them seriously and they often times feel like they belong in another setting due to being a weird mix of modern military and medieval themes.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

It okays.

For example Honorbound are real joke too. Starting with its name.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I haven't been able to take the 7th Legion seriously at all. Misplaced modern military jargon, memes all over, constant movie quotes, fumbling around all over the place. I just can't see how blizzard could have thought them a serious faction in BfA, I can never take them seriously and they often times feel like they belong in another setting due to being a weird mix of modern military and medieval themes.
    You might as well add a forum signature that says "I still believe WoW is a medieval fantasy"

It has been 14 years, if you still don't get that WoW is way more eclectic than that, I don't know what to tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    7th legion pretty much embodies the fact that blizzard has no idea what kind of universe they want warcraft to be.

No its meant to be the best of the best of the alliance military.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when the 7th Legion was this:

“Through the valleys and peaks of Mount Hyjal, across the shifting sands of Silithus, against the Legion's dread armies - we have fought. We are the nameless, faceless, sons and daughters of the Alliance. By the Light and by the might of the Alliance, the first strike belongs to us and the last strike is all that our enemies see.
    We are 7th Legion.”
    — High Commander Halford Wyrmbane
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    You might as well add a forum signature that says "I still believe WoW is a medieval fantasy"

It has been 14 years, if you still don't get that WoW is way more eclectic than that, I don't know what to tell you.
    No need to insult. I did not believe say that WoW is medieval fantasy, though Stormwind still has medival aspects to it, and thus the weird theme going on. Maybe you should stop making assumptions for the sake of stroking your own ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    No its meant to be the best of the best of the alliance military.
    Is that why two out of three of the starts for them in BfA are them fucking up?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I haven't done the Alliance War Campaign yet, but the Horde one felt very serious tbh, I really liked it. Nathanos is a savage, I love him.

7th Legion suffers from the Uldum syndrome.

No depth, no meaning, just pop culture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Knight View Post
    It okays.

For example Honorbound are real joke too. Starting with its name.
    Maybe it's foreshadowing something regarding Saurfang's decision. The Honorbound seem to be mostly Orcs, Trolls and Tauren, whereas the main storyline is all about the Forsaken, Goblins and Zandalari. There is a distinct difference between the two.

And they could've just named them Kor'Kron, but they chose this. I like to believe this is not just a random name.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the Honorbound has no personality whatsoever. Also the name sucks. Not because of the irony or anything, it just sounds stupid and generic compared to the 7th Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

^This and only this.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    7th Legion suffers from the Uldum syndrome.

No depth, no meaning, just pop culture.
    Don't even say that man... It took me YEARS to get over Uldum.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    7th legion pretty much embodies the fact that blizzard has no idea what kind of universe they want warcraft to be.
    It does switch between high fantasy and fantasy very often :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    My alliance paladin is only 114, so he just landed in Nazmir. The very first thing you see, is Rambo going apeshit with a gatling gun while shouting like a madman... What the actual fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Maybe it's foreshadowing something regarding Saurfang's decision. The Honorbound seem to be mostly Orcs, Trolls and Tauren, whereas the main storyline is all about the Forsaken, Goblins and Zandalari. There is a distinct difference between the two.

And they could've just named them Kor'Kron, but they chose this. I like to believe this is not just a random name.
    Plenty of highmountain, nightborne and blood elves in the Honorbound campus though, but yes mostly orcs. Just like how the Horde war front army in Zuldazar is 99% orcs, which interesting.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Don't even say that man... It took me YEARS to get over Uldum.
    I'm still not over Uldum. What a fucking waste of a zone, JFC...

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'm still not over Uldum. What a fucking waste of a zone, JFC...
    Yeah you'd think they'd learn that lesson by now, and not shack up one of the most prominent night elf figures with a meme character. There isn't even any humour or wit in it; it's simply legit stupid.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Welcome to wow, did you play vanilla, the stormwind military has always been a weird mix of modern military and medieval themes, its been this way since vanilla and In cata they really hit on it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    My alliance paladin is only 114, so he just landed in Nazmir. The very first thing you see, is Rambo going apeshit with a gatling gun while shouting like a madman... What the actual fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty of highmountain, nightborne and blood elves in the Honorbound campus though, but yes mostly orcs. Just like how the Horde war front army in Zuldazar is 99% orcs, which interesting.
    Must be the guys from Redridge, that zone story was one giant Rambo meme.

I personally liked Uldum. I don't take this game seriously enough for crazy stuff like that to get me irritated...I just kind of shake my head and go "oh...you....lol....stupid fun."
    Last edited by Katchii; 2018-09-13 at 07:08 PM.

They're supposed to be the alliance's most elite of elite guard, but we have definitely seen with Legion and BFA them not really living up to that claim.

I liked the additional backstory on Wyrmbane though, saw that additional dialogue option pop up for him on the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah you'd think they'd learn that lesson by now, and not shack up one of the most prominent night elf figures with a meme character. There isn't even any humour or wit in it; it's simply legit stupid.
    It's understandable from a military point of view because the guy is a huge war veteran and the leader of the squad that obliterated the innumerable orcish forces in Redridge. But saddling joke characters with serious characters is always weird. Like Gamon showing up for the Siege of Orgrimmar, for example.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-09-13 at 07:10 PM.