Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I foresee a ton of perma bans.

Tl;dr of the AMA : "Things are fine, this is fine."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    ????????????
    Blizzar logic in a nutshell, what do you expect from them?

I just took a peek at the official forums. Not a single mention of this.

I'm sorry, but that's just fucking pathetic. Why do they even have forums? They don't use them for anything. And I'm not sorry, I take it back.

At least their twitter mentions it, which I'm sure not many actual players follow.

Why is it communication with their paying customers on their own fucking website is so fucking challenging? My first question would be "When do the bulldozers arrive that will help you collectively pull your heads out of your collective asses?"

What are the top 5 reasons the horde is better than the alliance, and is there any chance you can bump the warfronts to 330 in two weeks?

Simple question from me.

While BFA has been a decent expansion at it's core why did bugs that were consistently reported during the Beta not fixed?

Such as Warfronts despawning?

Either that or....

Why has their been a lack of clarity/communication on systems post BFA launch such as Warfronts, the Mythic + cache and PvP/Mythic + in general?

I mean we all know the questions will be cherry picked anyway to either avoid critical ones. Similar to how the Q and As are handled.

You thought you wanted to host an AMA, but you don't.

Ion, when did wanting to have a good expansion every year change to having a good expansion every other expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They are trying to get people to have civil discussion instead of just nuking anything they dont agree with out of orbit.
    That's not how reddit works. if something being asked is unpopular enough to get "nuked out of orbit" then it doesn't deserve to get air time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

This is the crux of BfA

It would be in Blizz best interest to embrace this. I am very much looking forward to this. Better be good.

Dont screw this up blizz, we dont want vauge white-washed bullshit answers to irrelevant questions, nor flimsy excuses, or past intentions. apologies are also not welcome. We only want to hear what you plan to do. what is the next step to steer the ship back onto its true heading.

admit defeat to your flawed premises, abandon them and move forward.

dont blow this blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    This is the crux of BfA

It would be in Blizz best interest to embrace this. I am very much looking forward to this. Better be good.

Dont screw this up blizz, we dont want vauge white-washed bullshit answers to irrelevant questions, nor flimsy excuses, or past intentions. apologies are also not welcome. We only want to hear what you plan to do. what is the next step to steer the ship back onto its true heading.

admit defeat to your flawed premises, abandon them and move forward.

dont blow this blizz.
    Sadly Blizzard only ever really admit to the soft mistakes rather than the big ones. They really need to take a leaf out of some other devs books when it comes to communication with players imo.

Don't trash talk your own product ofc. Know where it's faults/low points lie, admit to them in a critical/constructive manner and then improve upon them.

People are critical of Islands at the moment. Try and see where they are coming from rather than go "oh people do it so it's obviously good content". No. It awards 2.5k Azerite at the end so it's popular. Not good. It's a carrot on the stick.

I'd love some more honesty and critical insight from them but sadly they seem to lack that imo.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Hopefully the community is able to discuss politely."

Top fucking kek.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "You decide what to upvote an downvote"

"DO NOT DOWNVOTE"

Managed to get a full inch without contradicting themselves there.

Ion, where's our Alliance High Elves!? Your last answer wasn't good enough and reeked of Horde bias!

Nah, I'm kidding, but not really! lol

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    "Why are you such an arrogant little twat?" that would be my only question.
    OOOhhhh..you are SOOO edgy!!!

Careful...your minuscule IQ is showing

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    And he wouldn't answer it because you didn't say what about them does feel extremely neutered, empty, oversimplified, gutted, boring and lame. Stated right in the beginning "A comment such as "fix the game" will likely not get answered."
    Do you expect Ion to go into exhaustive detail of each class and spec?
    What's wrong with class design at the moment is either of big picture philosophy, or of hundreds of spec-specific minutia, neither of which fit the scope of what the AMA asking for. I'm not expecting anything of value here.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    I foresee a ton of perma bans.
    Seriously hope people do keep it sensible
    we've already seen earlier before the patch how OTT Comments are used to detract from the main problems.
    when you look back at this interview he gave in regards to WOD's issues

https://www.destructoid.com/blizzard...n-397543.phtml

world Quests/dailies featured heavy, It sounds like they assumed yet again just adding loads of Dailies once you hit 120 would be okay again.
    trouble is with Azerite flopping and all the other issues people feel, Not very good dailies are just highlighting why so many people are upset.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nightbringer View Post
    I'm willing to bet he won't pick a single challenging question to answer, he'll just pick the easy ones so he can seem like he's engaging with the playerbase, while not actually addressing their biggest concerns.
    if they really planned to do that they would have had one on their forums, not the reddit...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Blizzar logic in a nutshell, what do you expect from them?
    except if you actually read what they said it is just you and skirdus not knowing how to read...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Rustov View Post
    Do you expect Ion to go into exhaustive detail of each class and spec?
    What's wrong with class design at the moment is either of big picture philosophy, or of hundreds of spec-specific minutia, neither of which fit the scope of what the AMA asking for. I'm not expecting anything of value here.
    I'm not either, because it will be a deluge of nitpicking and minutia. They need to come clean about some big picture issues, like:

• Will azerite be worth it in the long run?
    • Why is everything so threadbare right now?
    • Who fucked up warfronts so badly, and what else are you planning on doing to fix them?

What I don't expect is:

"We fucked up, our bad." They don't do that until after the expansion is done.
    "We are scrapping [unpopular feature]." They don't do that, at all. Think Ashran, that changed so much, and so often, it gave people whiplash.
    "We will [doing someone that makes sense and pleases everyone]." Because they really don't do that.

What I DO expect is:
    "Yeah, we need to get better at [something]'"
    "We disagree, we think [feature] is working fine, our internal metrics (that we'll never show you) show opposite."
    "Working as intended, you just don't understand our vision for the game (that we won't tell you anything about, figure it out, git gud)."

Ion can't do more than appease and spin his usual lawyerly bullshit, because anything else might drive away customers. His job here is to get people to buy BfA and keep paying a monthly fee, and that's the bullshit he'll spin. Fluff and nonsense. He doesn't DO hard questions, he never has, and never will.

I honestly think they're doing an AMA because it won't drive traffic to their tissue paper servers that host their forums, and they don't want to spend any money beefing them up. Yes, I'm cynical as fuck, but I earned it, I paid for WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    if they really planned to do that they would have had one on their forums, not the reddit...
    They don't use their own forums, silly goose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Ion, when did wanting to have a good expansion every year change to having a good expansion every other expansion?
    when they were never able to have an expansion every year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    They don't use their own forums, silly goose.

All this them not using their forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content