Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Does WoW Have a Feature That Gives You the Gear Slot Improve You Need?

Edit:

I've made this post in Legion and im asking again this question...because it happened to me again, the 0,1% chance of getting the gear slot improvement i needed. But this time it was insane.

It seems to me the game has a hidden feature to give you the gear slot improvement you need after a while...

So lets look at what happened to me this time:
    I had every slot with epic gear less the belt and a ring. (blues)
    I win an arena.
    Get one 340 belt at the end of the match
    Open a box
    And get a titanforged Ring

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THIS HAPPENING? seriously, 0,1% chance?

The fact hat i get BOTH slots i needed and one even titanforges is insanely low.

-----------

I trully believe there is a hidden "bad luck" prevention system...call me crazy
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-09-14 at 05:26 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just luck.

You'll find the exact opposite of your experience in less than 1h if you wait here - people with a low-ilvl piece, waiting for anything better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just luck, the game doesn't look at your gear to be sure what you could use.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    But if is trully random, shouldnt have taken me an eternity to get all slots of PvP gear?
    Random doesn't mean you can't be lucky. There is a huge pool of people playing so the odds that one person get what you want are big. Drops in wow are random, look how many people didn't got what they wanted and are getting the same exact item several times in a row.

Of course one might argue that computers aren't able to generate truly random numbers. All random number generators generate numbers that look random but aren't, it is a series of numbers where each one depends on the previous one and the first one is initiated by something that looks random, mostly current time in miliseconds.

One also might argue that nothing is random because everything that happens depend on the prexisting conditions but that more of philosophical debate.

WoW loot system is random and you're just lucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Just luck, the game doesn't look at your gear to be sure what you could use.
    Thats extremely strange...

Because is extremely rare for Random BG's to drop the good PvP gear....and still i have all the slots.
    It should have taken me an eternity if it was trully random.
    A friend of mine also only needs 2 pieces.

And today i only needed a Neck (out of ALL the slots) and i got a titanforged Neck from LFR that otherwise would be just a 910 item.
    I got the 925 ilvl improve.

This is insane luck on paper...out of all the random possible situations...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting the opposite.
    Oh you're a freshly dinged character with 950 neck? Have a 945 one
    Oh you have a 960 chest? have a 955 one
    What's that, you want to replace your 910 relics? Tough shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats extremely strange...

Because is extremely rare for Random BG's to drop the good PvP gear....and still i have all the slots.
    It should have taken me an eternity if it was trully random.
    A friend of mine also only needs 2 pieces.

And today i only needed a Neck (out of ALL the slots) and i got a titanforged Neck from LFR that otherwise would be just a 910 item.
    I got the 925 ilvl improve.

This is insane luck on paper...out of all the random possible situations...
    Well, Random Battlegrounds CAN give you upgrades as well as downgrades. The majority I get is downgrades but the other day I did get a 925, which wasn't better than what I had - other than my stats being the better.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I can assure you with 100% certainty that you got lucky plain and simple.

Personal Loot/Coins and Gear Caches do NOT look at your loot. You can get the same piece a thousand times in a row. It's why I cannot stand PL.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I can assure you with 100% certainty that you got lucky plain and simple.

Personal Loot/Coins and Gear Caches do NOT look at your loot. You can get the same piece a thousand times in a row. It's why I cannot stand PL.
    Well...the legendary system already "looks at your loot" because you cant receive the same legendary.
    Was just wondering if it was the case for the rest of the time.

I think it's RNG. I've had times when I needed a piece, and only got other pieces. And I've also been lucky and had it the other way around. /shrug

It would be cool if Blizz did put some smart logic in that at least increased the odds of you getting a piece that matches your lowest ilvl part. They obviously have the tech to do it. If they did do it, it would be very hard to datamine...

My main is 973 and yet despite all the keystone dungeons and raids I’ve never got a head piece higher than 940 :/

Well...the legendary system already "looks at your loot" because you cant receive the same legendary.
    Was just wondering if it was the case for the rest of the time.
    It doesn't evaluate what legendary to give you by looking at your gear. It just knows which one has dropped for you already. That's a bit different. I believe they commented on this when feedback was presented with the question of, "What happens if I deleted/vendor a legendary?"

Also, I believe Blizzard has never, ever, never, ever, ever, ever released information about the algorithms that control loot drops. It's safe to assume that it's completely random, but anyone claiming they know the exact process is probably just making something up based on their "feelings" or experience.

If I remember correctly, the only loot-rolling aspect they've even shed light on is the Titanforging system.

Nope, mostly luck.

I've actually suggested a system like this many times with the Mythic+ weekly chests.
    Allow us to choose a slot that you need most. Then you get like a 20% greater chance to get a piece for that slot or something.
    However, I do not think Blizzard will ever do this as it takes away more grinding from the game.

There's the "catch-up" mechanics, where you can buy specific pieces of loot, but if you're already semi-geared... That doesn't really help.

I always wondered about this...

Lets say you have full slots with 930 ilvl and you still have a neck that is 910 ilvl.
    Does the game give you a better neck piece, because is the improvement you need at the time?

From my experience, i would say "yes"...but maybe im just a lucky guy.

For example, i have received the full PvP set from random BG's. Isn't that extremely lucky?
    It's supposedly random drops. But if is trully random, shouldnt have taken me an eternity to get all slots of PvP gear?

And today i only needed a better neck piece...and i got it.

Is this all just luck? Or the game actually gives you items you need at the time?
    As others said it's just luck. Myself and a few guildies only get drops that match our highest slot 99% of the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    As others said it's just luck. Myself and a few guildies only get drops that match our highest slot 99% of the time.
    But after a while, you get the gear slot you need.

I really believe there is a bad luck prevention system this stuff is crazy balls

Before M+ came out, I had two pieces below 340 ilvl.

335 bracers and a 325 Galecaller's Boon.

From Warfronts, I got 370 bracers.

From a +5 M+ cache I got a 360 Galecaller's (!!!!!!!!!).

It doesn't stop there though.

Last night, I got a SOCKETED 370 Heroic Uldir weapon from the weekly Mythic dungeon event.

By far this is the luckiest I've ever been with loot and it blows my mind.

you are just lucky.
    my alt dk has 3 340 azerite headpieces, no shoulders (from emmissary)
    my ald dh has 3 340 azerite shoulders, no head (also from emissary)

Deleted
    What is the weekly Mythic dungeon event?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beverhunter View Post
    What is the weekly Mythic dungeon event?
    Do 4 dungeons on mythic or mythic+ difficulty. Rewards heroic uldir cache
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Before M+ came out, I had two pieces below 340 ilvl.

335 bracers and a 325 Galecaller's Boon.

From Warfronts, I got 370 bracers.

From a +5 M+ cache I got a 360 Galecaller's (!!!!!!!!!).

It doesn't stop there though.

Last night, I got a SOCKETED 370 Heroic Uldir weapon from the weekly Mythic dungeon event.

By far this is the luckiest I've ever been with loot and it blows my mind.
    Well...if this is all luck...i have no words