level 110 only bracket - starter Azerite gear is insane - free achieves-god mode

this is probably not new to some. blizzard has made 110 it's own PVP bracket, and the next bracket 111-119. i guess they did this for players 110 and capped to basic game who would not fit into the normal x0 - x9 bracketing due to azerite gear? due to not wanting to do scaling for those with or without azerite gear? lol...either way...did not work

take a 110, turn off XP, get your azerite neck and three pieces of gear and destroy in the 110 only bracket. even new boosted players work with their starter greens

you get to see the power and sustain of this azerite gear which makes near every player with it a elite boss. a 110 azerite disco priest in a WSG with other team having less than 3 azerite geared players is unkillable.

melee classes blow up a legion geared capped healer (any) solo. due to azerite sustains a outlaw rogue openly take on 5 players, kill 4 of them escape, instantly re-engage kill 5th. azerite war arms/fury 1-3 hits wipes any legion capped 110's even those legion mythic geared. azerite DKs/rets are insane like they were in WOTLK. azerite mages/SP etc...drop players instantly

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    this is probably not new to some. blizzard has made 110 it's own PVP bracket, and the next bracket 111-119. i guess they did this for players 110 and capped to basic game who would not fit into the normal x0 - x9 bracketing due to azerite gear? due to not wanting to do scaling for those with or without azerite gear? lol...either way...did not work

take a 110, turn off XP, get your azerite neck and three pieces of gear and destroy in the 110 only bracket. even new boosted players work with their starter greens

you get to see the power and sustain of this azerite gear which makes near every player with it a elite boss. a 110 azerite disco priest in a WSG with other team having less than 3 azerite geared players is unkillable.

melee classes blow up a legion geared capped healer (any) solo. due to azerite sustains a outlaw rogue openly take on 5 players, kill 4 of them escape, instantly re-engage kill 5th. azerite war arms/fury 1-3 hits wipes any legion capped 110's even those legion mythic geared. azerite DKs/rets are insane like they were in WOTLK. azerite mages/SP etc...drop players instantly
    As someone who has a 110 that is 248 ilvl and has 3x300ilvl piezes of azerite gear, I can say you are exaggerating a fair bit.

There is some level of scaling in 110 bgs. I have had 20k hps warriors hit me for 10k+ hits. Just my 50k hps helps me live longer. I do not instant blow up anyone either.

I am a bit more powerful, but nothing like the days of 80 twinks wearing gear 100+ ilvl higher and 2 shotting people.

If you were a 101 twink and did pvp, it is sort of like that. That gear scaled as well, but far more than the bfa pvp scaling is affected in 110s.

The effects from the armor are also reduced. I am not sure if you noticed that. I didn't at first, but look at your logs and you will see I am right.

I run about 3-5 BGs a day on my 110 and really the thing that makes or breaks a win is which team has better healers/peels. Hmm isn't that the same regardless of any ilvl?

EDIT: I got a laugh at your line about legion capped healers going down easy. I couldn't take down solo a 30k hp MW monk today in a BG. I think he was maybe heroic geared from legion. A heroic/mythic geared healer is going to be HARD to take down. Especially a disc priest.
    Last edited by Themanintobuildafire; 2018-09-14 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    As someone who has a 110 that is 248 ilvl and has 3x300ilvl piezes of azerite gear, I can say you are exaggerating a fair bit.

There is some level of scaling in 110 bgs. I have had 20k hps warriors hit me for 10k+ hits. Just my 50k hps helps me live longer. I do not instant blow up anyone either.

I am a bit more powerful, but nothing like the days of 80 twinks wearing gear 100+ ilvl higher and 2 shotting people.

If you were a 101 twink and did pvp, it is sort of like that. That gear scaled as well, but far more than the bfa pvp scaling is affected in 110s.

The effects from the armor are also reduced. I am not sure if you noticed that. I didn't at first, but look at your logs and you will see I am right.

I run about 3-5 BGs a day on my 110 and really the thing that makes or breaks a win is which team has better healers/peels. Hmm isn't that the same regardless of any ilvl?
    Well, if they played by the normal rules a level 110 player would have a ~23% chance to hit the level 120 player, who would get a huge increase to crit against them due to the defense difference. But pvp doesn't play by the normal rules.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Well, if they played by the normal rules a level 110 player would have a ~23% chance to hit the level 120 player, who would get a huge increase to crit against them due to the defense difference. But pvp doesn't play by the normal rules.
    I am talking about instanced pvp, BGs. I haven't done any world pvp. I did hear it is a big messed up with scaling, and honestly I am not sure I am okay with that.

Scaling in instanced pvp, makes it so 20k hp people who just boosted aren't 1 shot. I can global a 20k non-plate person in about a stun, but as a 50k hp "twink" they can take me down in about 15secs of focused fire, and some classes like magic classes hurt bad. I wear plate, so melee doesn't hurt as bad usually.

I am talking about instanced pvp, BGs. I haven't done any world pvp. I did hear it is a big messed up with scaling, and honestly I am not sure I am okay with that.

Scaling in instanced pvp, makes it so 20k hp people who just boosted aren't 1 shot. I can global a 20k non-plate person in about a stun, but as a 50k hp "twink" they can take me down in about 15secs of focused fire, and some classes like magic classes hurt bad. I wear plate, so melee doesn't hurt as bad usually.
    World pvp is absolutely nuts. Like I said a 110 guy should have a 23% chance to hit me with spells. There was a reason we used to need things like hit and expertise, up to 8-15%, just to counter 3 levels worth. This is 10. That's not happening. There's also them having higher secondary stats and their legiondairies still. They did some hotfixes since then but it's still scaling pretty hard. I starsurge a player in wpvp for a third of what I do in pve.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

EDIT: I got a laugh at your line about legion capped healers going down easy. I couldn't take down solo a 30k hp MW monk today in a BG. I think he was maybe heroic geared from legion. A heroic/mythic geared healer is going to be HARD to take down. Especially a disc priest.
    not exaggerating at all. if you have a 110, and have XP off with the azerite gear...intentionally..then you sir/maam are being untruthful

the comparisons of 101 does not apply. 101 was mostly a twink in PVE, a decked out 109 in a BG was better, was proven. but a 109 was not going to carry a group thu a dungeon due to PVE world scaling.

80''s and 70's and 60's was a era of have not or have it all when it came to gearing alot of players didn't or could not obtain.

azerite gear has more to do with abilities/passives/sustains. i'm not going to break down any class for you. look up the OL rogue azerite gains, OL rogue with the pieces can be up close to 600+ AGI over a legion left over player who has no BFA and other classes non-BFA

there is no scaling in the 110 level only BG PVP bracket to account for one level player or if you have azerite gear or not., not talking BFA world PVP warmode scaling

xpoff.com twink site. is not doing threads to get azerite gear at 110, to be inferior or scaled down
    Last edited by pinkz; 2018-09-14 at 05:47 AM. Reason: deal with bad spelling

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    not exaggerating at all. if you have a 110, and have XP off with the azerite gear...intentionally..then you sir/maam are being untruthful

the comparisons of 101 does not apply. 101 was mostly a twink in PVE, a decked out 109 in a BG was better, was proven. but a 109 was not going to carry a group thu a dungeon due to PVE world scaling.

80''s and 70's and 60's was a era of have not or have it all when it came to gearing alot of players didn't or could not obtain.

azerite gear has more to do with abilities/passives/sustains. i'm not going to break down any class for you. look up the OL rogue azerite gains, OL rogue with the pieces can be up close to 600+ AGI over a legion left over player who has no BFA and other classes non-BFA

there is no scaling in the 110 level only BG PVP bracket to account for one level player or if you have azerite gear or not., not talking BFA world PVP warmode scaling

xpoff.com twink site. is not doing threads to get azerite gear at 110, to be inferior or scaled down
    Look at your logs. Say the azerite does 100 outside, it does 50 in instanced pvp. I am talking the trait bonuses. I play a pally, so I am talking about traits I can get on my gear. I have yet have a rogue that could take my pally down solo.

As I've said I've been doing 3-5 bgs a day. The only time I've seen something that was like "hmmm" was a twink feral druid, and I really can't tell if that was him or the fact I was in the BG where I hold orbs that make me easier to kill :P

The biggest reason behind the azerite armor is the HPS. It is a massive boost. I am not going to deny that. I have 50k hps and most people are 20k (boost) to 30k (some 210 stuff). It is rare anyone is 40k+.

However, I still stand that damage is scaled. Otherwise, how can a 20k hit me so hard if I have higher armor % and 50k hps? They shouldn't have a chance. Plus I play with double shield so I have a 6k shield up at all times.

I won't deny it is a bit unbalanced, but really it is no where near 1 twink owning the whole BG. You probably had tons of bads on your team. That happens a lot. People who have no clue how to play their class. I had a group of non-twinks and we faced 3 twinks on the other side. We won because of team work and knowledge of what our classes can do.