Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadycharacter1 View Post
    Yeah, on turret fights with zero movement
    Aff zero movement? last 2 boss in Uldir have a lot of movement, go check the logs and enjoy the massive lock aff spam ... mages ? 1 in 200 players .

Waiting for the buffs... https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#
    We're in the shaman/SP tier now

Personally, I feel like everytime I get new gear, my dps (frost) is not increasing at all
    Last edited by Reman; 2018-09-14 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post

Personally, I feel like everytime I get new gear, my dps (frost) is not increasing at all
    Damn, a bit sobering seeing this. How long has it been since no mage specs were competitive? TBC / Sunwell?

affili is the instant cast DoT heavy one, it can move.
    it's destro that's the turret since they gimped it in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post

I have a 325 cloak that sims higher than my 340 cloak because of the stats on it, so stats definitely still matter.

Quote Originally Posted by lexible View Post
    Damn, a bit sobering seeing this. How long has it been since no mage specs were competitive? TBC / Sunwell?
    Early Throne of Thunder was especially bad as well.

That's Arcane, and even then there's plenty of other specs that destroy it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Early Throne of Thunder was especially bad as well.

That's Arcane, and even then there's plenty of other specs that destroy it.
    I'm watching Rikh on YouTube, and noones destroying him as Arcane or as Frost. He's not number one on the meter, but it's not that bad. We all just gotta get gud like Rikh

Sweet, so now fire can be bad with frost and arcane together. All 3 speccs pretty lackluster so it doesn't matter if you suck with fire or with arcane.

Still having a lot of fun on my fire mage though, don't get me wrong. Numbers are just numbers.

Deleted
    Wtf are these brainstorm nerfs

7+ Year Old Account
    (Fire) Firemind: Intellect bonus increased by 30%

So.... we got something?

Quote Originally Posted by Syfus View Post
    (Fire) Firemind: Intellect bonus increased by 30%

So.... we got something?
    It just makes a bad trait not crap. It is 300ish dps before buff, so around 400 after buff. Which makes it alright compared to the others which are 400-600dps.

Meanwhile for frost, all the top 10 traits are still generic traits. And with the nerfs on Lazer matrix and thunderous blast, dagger in the back will probably be back on top. Such a fitting trait for mages! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Nerfed? All mage specs are far below the good specs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=90

Clear haves and have nots. All mage specs need buffs.

To be honest, 90th percentile shouldn't really be used as its more outlier given the small parse base currently and its probably a bit too early still to use mythic as well.

80th percentile in heroic all bosses is quite possibly the most reflective of the current state of dps classes.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...y=4&dataset=80
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Hopefully the next tuning pass focuses more on buffing up bad traits. Arcane Pummelling is cool and would change talent choice but it's just bad

Just found this leak for 8.1

Mechanical

Hot Streak has been removed in place of clear casting, which will help significantly improve the Fire Mage. This change will significantly help the fire mages spells to all have value, where at current a few were becoming significantly invalidated (fireball).
    Added "Clear Casting"
    Flame Strike Removed
    Firebolt Added.
    Firebolt: Deals damage to the target by 23% Spell power, and 72% Spell power to near by targets. Instant Cast. Stores 2 charges. 8 Second Cool down.

Talents

Firestarter: now causes fireball to have an additional 10% chance to trigger clear casting.
    Pyromanic now increases ignite damage by an additional 5%
    Pyroclasm: now increases pyroblasts charges to 3
    Firebomb: Initial Explosion damage increased by a factor of 1.5
    Flame Patch removed
    Conflagration: now causes ignite Damage over time effects have a 15% to swell up dealing 28% Spell power in damage.
    Phoenix Flames now has only 1 charge, but its damage is increased by a factor of 2.25 and now longer diminishes in damage per a jump

Honor Talents

Removed Tinder
    Removed FireStarter
    Removed Controlled Burn
    Removed Flame Cannon
    Reduce the healing of the target when you pyroblast them by 20%
    Fire damage has a 30% chance to Daze the target in place for 3 seconds
    Fire Breath now has a second charge
    Counter spell has a second charge
    Polymorph Explodes dealing 200% damage if the effect is cleansed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    Do you think something like having a 1.0 sec cast on GS would be too OP?

With such little haste; you are right 2.7 seconds is way to long; and in dungeons and even raids; there have been times I've had to cancel my GS because of that.

Using GS - it's such a large portion of our overall damage when use with procced Flurry; that if you do have to cancel it; it crushes your dps badly.

I don't use ice-flows, I only use shimmer; but still almost 3 seconds long is way to long.
    That would be OP.

It seems like you answered your own question, Ice Floes would certainly resolve the issue of having to cancel GS due to movement.

You could also take Ray of Frost...I would check it out first, but last time I simmed, it was only slightly behind GS for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post

Mechanical

Hot Streak has been removed in place of clear casting, which will help significantly improve the Fire Mage. This change will significantly help the fire mages spells to all have value, where at current a few were becoming significantly invalidated (fireball).
    Added "Clear Casting"
    Flame Strike Removed
    Firebolt Added.
    Firebolt: Deals damage to the target by 23% Spell power, and 72% Spell power to near by targets. Instant Cast. Stores 2 charges. 8 Second Cool down.

Talents

Firestarter: now causes fireball to have an additional 10% chance to trigger clear casting.
    Flame Patch removed
    Conflagration: now causes ignite Damage over time effects have a 15% to swell up dealing 28% Spell power in damage.
    Phoenix Flames now has only 1 charge, but its damage is increased by a factor of 2.25 and now longer diminishes in damage per a jump

Honor Talents

Removed Tinder
    Removed FireStarter
    Removed Controlled Burn
    Removed Flame Cannon
    Source?

Quite a few changes there, hot streak removal is pretty big.

I doubt it. Overuse of "significantly" and bad grammar points to it being fake.

Mechanical

Hot Streak has been removed
    Stopped reading after this because good troll post, but I'll go ahead and further analyze this "leak" of yours.

Hot Streak has been removed in place of clear casting, which will help significantly improve the Fire Mage.
    I didn't know we had mana issues. How would this "significantly help"? lol.

Added "Clear Casting"
    Flame Strike Removed
    Firebolt Added.
    Again, why would clearcasting do anything or be added in the first place?
    Why would they remove Flamestrike as well?
    Firebolt is a Warlock Imp's spell. Why would we also be given the same named spell? That's also a really crappy ability in place of Flamestrike.

Talents

Flame Patch removed
    Firestarter: Again, what would clearcasting do?
    Pyro"manic": K.
    Pyroclasm: This doesn't fix it at all. If they did this, I would legitimately laugh. With the exception of a lucky streak during Combustion, you rarely would need more than 2 stacks.
    Firebomb: I assume you mean Living Bomb? Okay. Nice little buff.
    Flame Patch removed for what exactly? Talents have to be replaced; you can't just have a hole.
    Phoenix Flames: Now that's a mega nerf if I ever saw one. Cool it's way stronger but only 1 charge? Lol. Just fucking lol.

Removed Tinder
    Removed FireStarter
    Removed Controlled Burn
    Removed Flame Cannon
    Firestarter is not an honor talent, so you now have 2 removed normal talents that haven't been replaced.
    The healing reduction talent is pretty decent.
    "Daze" doesn't disorient. Anyway, if it did this, it would likely be a pretty meh talent since random proccing CC isn't great and is still affected by DR.
    Honestly, that Dragon's Breath idea should be baked into Alexstrasza's Fury.
    Counterspell has 2 charges? Yeah no, that's not going to happen.
    Explodes for "200% damage"? Now tell me how much that is when Polymorph currently does 0 damage.

Yeah no, these changes are all fake. Some are okay, but clearcasting (no mana cost) does literally nothing and you now have gaping holes in the Fire rotation. No Pyroblast/Flamestrike, but hey, at least you have... Firebolt... for your AoE. If you're trying to pass off your own ideas as "leaks" you should probably just post that they're leaks and ask for critique instead. I'll tell you now that if this was a true, actual leak, no Mage would be playing Fire for a long, loooooong time.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-09-24 at 04:54 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It's not mine, I found it on us.battle.net.