Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    You kind of rambled around a bit there so I'm not entirely sure what your point was, and I don't know what your little chart at the end is supposed to signify.

But it is canon that humans are generally better than elves at handling arcane magic, as the original Arathi wizards progressed at a rate that shocked their high elf teachers. And Jaina obviously is powerful enough to scare even Thalyssra, which we can either complain about or just move on and accept that she really is that badass.

And I kind of hope for the opposite for void elves: I'd like to see at least one of them go completely off the rails and set off a full Old God tentacle-ridden event in the middle of Stormwind. It would shock their new allies, raise questions as to the wisdom of allowing them into the Alliance, and in doing so add some much needed uncertainty to the Alliance's usual lily-white boring dynamic.
    I'd say the Kul Tirans add a helluva lot of grey to the picture. We got four houses. Proudmoore is a house of blood knights fully willing to horribly murder even close family members who get in their way. Ashvane are genocidal lunatics who don't care if they blow up their own country if they can rule over the ruins. Waycrest handed their people and land over to necromantic fiends and murder, torture, practice necromancy, and corrupt every living thing around them. And Stormsongs have handed themselves over the Old Gods and been mutated into literally squid-headed quasi-faceless.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Here is where i disagree with you. Her sanity is far from stable, and void elves have more in common with demon hunters than with blood or high elves.
    either the demons or the void daily push their sanity to the limits. There are some who give in (we have seen lots of demon hunters losing control in Legion for example), and clearly Alleria is fighting the void's insanity every single day. If something happens to her son or her husand's holy power begins to conflict with her void energies, she might give in to insanity and can become a monstruous void aberration hard to beat (see Garrosh and the heart of the old god as an example).

Not sure what Blizzard wants for her yet, if her damnation, her sacrifice for a greater goal or turning her into a powerful weapon against the void.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure if they are more stable than demon hunters. I see them both daily struggling with their inner demons, literally.
    She won't fail, her resolve has never been stronger after completing her training with the ominous Locus-Walker, and her willpower transcends the stars. She alone managed to consume the heart of a dying naaru, something that even the Locus-Walker found interesting. She alone succeeded in defying the shadows' whispers for the first time in the cosmos' long history. No one can stop Alleria now, not the horde, nor the void lords, nor anyone else.
    Quoting for when she goes batshit crazy and becomes a raid boss so I can come back to this and have a chuckle.
    Keep dreaming. All that Alleria will receive in the future is a joyful ending, once she masters the whispers at long last, and claims the phoenix throne that rightfully belongs to her.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-09-14 at 10:14 AM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    She won't fail, her resolve has never been stronger after completing her training with the ominous Locus-Walker, and her willpower transcends the stars. She alone managed to consume the heart of a dying naaru, something that even the Locus-Walker found interesting. She alone succeeded in defying the shadows' whispers for the first time in the cosmos' long history. No one can stop Alleria now, not the horde, nor the void lords, nor anyone else.

Keep dreaming. All that Alleria will receive in the future is a joyful ending, once she masters the whispers at long last, and claims the phoenix throne that rightfully belongs to her.
    You are drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Well, I would love Alleria to slip in some near future, lose her grip on the Void and accidentially demolish half of Stormwind. So Alliance players would get some internal drama. :P
    Same. The only thing that will save how boring the transparent "Good Vs Evil' thing is would be if Anduin became reckless in the Alliances pursuit of power to beat the Horde.

Imagine if the expansion ends with the Void Elves getting out of hand and half barrens is torn apart and floating being pulled into a sky of void above it. God knows what void creatures escaping from it and Anduin there going "Oh shit.. maybe we went a little too far"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'd say the Kul Tirans add a helluva lot of grey to the picture. We got four houses. Proudmoore is a house of blood knights fully willing to horribly murder even close family members who get in their way. Ashvane are genocidal lunatics who don't care if they blow up their own country if they can rule over the ruins. Waycrest handed their people and land over to necromantic fiends and murder, torture, practice necromancy, and corrupt every living thing around them. And Stormsongs have handed themselves over the Old Gods and been mutated into literally squid-headed quasi-faceless.
    Yeah and Genn wanted total genocide of all orcs. He left the Alliance because they refused. Now, since joining the alliance, he's even getting tearful over forsaken family reunions.

I would actually love the Alliance getting some more interesting faction drama like that though. I'm hoping we get more of that with Dark Iron and void elves but I doubt it though.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Same. The only thing that will save how boring the transparent "Good Vs Evil' thing is would be if Anduin became reckless in the Alliances pursuit of power to beat the Horde.

Imagine if the expansion ends with the Void Elves getting out of hand and half barrens is torn apart and floating being pulled into a sky of void above it. God knows what void creatures escaping from it and Anduin there going "Oh shit.. maybe we went a little too far"

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and Genn wanted total genocide of all orcs. He left the Alliance because they refused. Now, since joining the alliance, he's even getting tearful over forsaken family reunions.

I would actually love the Alliance getting some more interesting faction drama like that though. I'm hoping we get more of that with Dark Iron and void elves but I doubt it though.
    It took a long, long time for Genn to reach that point, though. He and Varian were a lot alike, warrior kings. But his relationship with Anduin is different, and I think it's been good for him. From the cinematic where Anduin takes up his sword, through the touching short story where he calls Anduin a fool for thinking he'd be angry about the Alliance helping the night elves reclaim their home when his is still lost. He's had quite a lot of character development and I think it was done well.

Also, I could just imagine it. Remember the end of ToS where Khadgar goes 'what have you done?!' to Illidan. I can just picture Anduin in Khadgar's place staring up at some massive chunk of the Barrens looking at Umbric doing the same.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    "Oh shit.. maybe we went a little too far"
    You can't go too far in such a war

Also, I could just imagine it. Remember the end of ToS where Khadgar goes 'what have you done?!' to Illidan. I can just picture Anduin in Khadgar's place staring up at some massive chunk of the Barrens looking at Umbric doing the same.
    Exactly, and throw in a few giant fire elementals rampaging that the Dark Iron summoned and lost control over.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted

Oh you must have incredible inferiority complexes, so much identifying with a stupid human armcandy fantasy barbie character.

Of course, this could happen - if Blizzard decides to end the 2 faction dichotomy. Which will probably be the death of WoW according to a great share of players. Which means, that if that happens, you will not be there anymore to enjoy it.

Delusions of grandeur are a serious problem, btw. Which perfectly demonstrates the derangement of the character and how "stable" she is. :P

But we pretty much solve all of those issues while questing: Lady Ashvane is imprisoned and her forces likely either dispersing or operating in the shadows (depending on how much she's paying them), Lucille Waycrest has dealt with her parents and regained control over most of Drustvar with her renewed anti-witch task force, and the Stormsong heir we help in Tiragarde whose name I can't recall has likely taken the House seat over from his uncle after we kill him.

By the end of the current Alliance story all of Kul'Tiras is united behind the Lord Admiral. Now, what they'll do when they find out that Jaina, the public enemy #1 for many years, is now running the show is another question...
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ravenmoon and the Alleria RPer in the same thread?

This thread isn't even stable.

And besides, knowing what we do now about the Void and the Void's intentions, how could you unironically believe Void Elves could be and should be mentally stable?

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Ravenmoon and the Alleria RPer in the same thread?

This thread isn't even stable.

And besides, knowing what we do now about the Void and the Void's intentions, how could you unironically believe Void Elves could be and should be mentally stable?
    Ofc, it is saying something positive about Elves and alliance elves, to the world of elf haters and horde fanboys, this automatically disqualifies it from any of their deemed credible discussions and contemplation. Unhinged, unstable, <enter string of mocking adjectives> yawn, nothing new here, coming from the epitome of level headedness, calm and reason that is yourself. The world and I must know exactly what you think of this latest laughable nonsense. Yet another stellar contribution from one of our wow fanboys that is a model for us all to live by.

You know, responding is a choice, you don't have to make. Besides, you can private me your disdain and thoughts. That's a choice too.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2018-09-15 at 06:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Ofc, it is saying something positive about Elves and alliance elves, to the world of elf haters and horde fanboys, this automatically disqualifies it from any of their deemed credible discussions and contemplation. Unhinged, unstable, <enter string of mocking adjectives> yawn, nothing new here, coming from the epitome of level headedness, calm and reason that is yourself. The world and I must know exactly what you think of this latest laughable nonsense. Yet another stellar contribution from one of our wow fanboys that is a model for us all to live by.

You know, responding is a choice, you don't have to make. Besides, you can private me your disdain and thoughts. That's a choice too.
    You being able to type so much, and actually say so little, was not a great choice either.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    You being able to type so much, and actually say so little, was not a great choice either.
    Doesn't help paint the picture that void elves are suppose to be the pinnacle of sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Doesn't help paint the picture that void elves are suppose to be the pinnacle of sanity.
    That was hardly doing that

Deleted
    Whenever I'm reminded of demon hunters, I would go a bit further and predict void elves are more stable. The whole point off Alleria's journey, the quests and the void elf intro, is to show you these guys can actually deal with the whispers in a more permanent way. This is not like the void purged kro'kul Alleria meets, that barely hangs on only to eventually give in, or Cho'gall and his mad cultist that have clearly and willingly given in to the madness. Here I predict blizzard are defining a more permanent thing almost as if to say they can't give in to the whispers, this is what sets the locus walker ethereal apart, there is a certain state or level in void interaction you reach to be classified as able to resist the whispers, Alleria is the first mortal and the void elves are the first race of people to do that.

I would like to see blizzard flesh this out properly either by a deeper explanation or sequence of events that will show void elves will not or even cannot fall to the whispers. The Illidari seem on more of a knife edge, even though those who complete training are able to master the demon within,taking a very skilled deceiver like Kil'jaeden or some extra ordinary circumstance to turn them evil legion style.

The Illidari And now Void elves are proof elves have a high tolerance and affinity to magic that can allow them to handle dangerous stuff like the fel and the void without getting corrupt, it is a boon for them and fitting because we use to think elves were the most easily corrupted or altered by magic. They can be, like we see with the night elves in Azshara, the highborne Naga, satyrs and the nightborne withered state, and also the children of the highborne, (The Thalssians) via the Wretched state, but the opposite is also true, they can also withstand and beat the corruption or madness of some of the most seductive magical powers, like fel and the void. And it is fitting, that if they can get quite corrupted, they can also get quite resilient in a way other races can't .

Remember the night elves are born of magic, they have a special relationship to it that is part of every elven group( since all elves are variations of night elves), yes, even the alliance kaldorei group whom contrary to popular belief, do have a very high magic affinity that is not lost or missing, and again contrary to popular belief, Thalassian elves are only a minor variation of them. For all we laugh at the night elves for the hubris and recklessness that led to the legion, we almost never bear in mind the extraordinary capacity to handle an intense torrent of arcane safely, without destroying themselves or blowing up their empire, they knew how to use magic expertly and were supremely confident in their ability, until that crossed over into over confidence, leading to recklessness and then those who thought themselves beyond corruption had fallen to it, and now this is the only aspect most fans remember or even know of their magical achievements and capability, that is until Illidan Stormrage comes at first and proves you can handle fel without the corruption of your soul and beat the demon within, then Alleria Windrunner comes and shows that the same elves can handle the void too, successfully without giving in, it is the sort of level of skill you expect of an elf,.

What I would like to see is an insanely powerful elven arcane user on the scene. Elisande could have been one, except she is only an echo now - unless they restore her. A great candidate would be Prince Farondis, the elves could do with an arcane champion ... especially after the string of humans (Aegwyn, Medivh, Jaina, Khadgar).

I would also love to see a Thalassian magic champion too, they have one for hunter and Paladin, but none for priest, mage or warlocks. Arthas Sunreaver could be used for mage.

Archangel Azshara/Illidan level - Farondis
    Fire mage - Thalassian Blood Elf
    Frost Mage - Thalassian Void Elf
    Arcane Mage - Shal'dorei Night Elf

Destruction Warlock - Thalassian Blood Elf
    Affliction Warlock - Thalassian Void Elf
    Demonology Warlock - Shal'dorei Night elf

High Priestess - Tyrande Whisperwind
    Discipline Priest - Thalassian Blood Elf
    Holy Priest - Kaldorei Night Elf
    Shadow Priest - Thalassian Void Elf

Arch Druid - Malfurion Stormrage
    Balance Druid - kal'dorei Night Elf
    Resto Druid - Kaldorei Night Elf
    You seem to have forgotten all about Rommath, the mysterious mage right there with Lorthemar, Haldurin and Liadrin.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Actually, the Void Elves ARE a pinnacle of sanity. How many mortals have managed to retain their sanity after attempting to defy the shadows' whispers?

You don't need to answer that question. Alleria Windrunner is the FIRST mortal to successfully defy the shadows' whispers, a testament to her mental fortitude and physical stamina. Soon, the Void Elves, led by the cunning Lady Alleria, will build their glorious future amongst the stars of the Void, and ascend to an even greater level of power altogether.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Actually, the Void Elves ARE a pinnacle of sanity. How many mortals have managed to retain their sanity after attempting to defy the shadows' whispers?

You don't need to answer that question. Alleria Windrunner is the FIRST mortal to successfully defy the shadows' whispers, a testament to her mental fortitude and physical stamina. Soon, the Void Elves, led by the cunning Lady Alleria, will build their glorious future amongst the stars of the Void, and ascend to an even greater level of power altogether.
    I have little respect for Roleplayers who roleplay outside of the intended forum(s) because you can never have an honest conversation with them.

Yeh.. those void elves in the island expedition are totally sane

this is right up there with claiming forsaken are the healers of the world seeking to better life for all beings

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Not only is her sanity stable and her resolve strengthened, but she is by far the best ally to have during a future invasion of the Void Lords.
    yea and Sylvanas was the best ally against the Scourge. If there's one thing we can count on Windrunners to do it is become the monster they claim to not be.
    I mean, who is going to stop them? Certainly not golden boy, or his uncle wolf, or some vainglorious night elves with an inferiority complex, or an old draenei.
    Vainglorious night elves? Did you read a description of Azshara and apply it to an entire race? Void Elves are useless against the old god shit we face right now. 'defy the whispers' so what? Lots of others defied the whispers too by being smart enough to avoid them. Get it. AVOID.

- - - Updated - - -

Right after Warlocks who retained their sanity after diving head first into the fel, and Death knights after controlling their urges to end all life. You are bonkers. I look forward to you being proven wrong when Azshara overloads Alleria's brain and turns her into another squid creature to put down.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard