• yes

36 21.82%
  • no

129 78.18%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    First toon was 9 hours. Second toon was just over 5 and half lol. Didn't rush on first toon, went casually through stuff.
    US - HORDE - Illidan
    Currently playing Brewmaster and Vengeance.
    Looking for more M+ groups to push keys and BG.

Considering leveling didn’t grant us anything I’d say it was too slow. It shouldn’t have fuckin existed in the first place, just a few quest chains for story and catch up gear if you needed it then straight to end game.

Yes, it was. All expansions are too fast, given the percentage of story and exploration you wind up doing compared to the length of the expansion itself. Speedy leveling is why the rest of the expansion tends to feel like a checklist of chores to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Considering leveling didn’t grant us anything I’d say it was too slow. It shouldn’t have fuckin existed in the first place, just a few quest chains for story and catch up gear if you needed it then straight to end game.
    100% agree with this right here. Leveling is supposed to lead to progression of some kind often in talents, abilities or whatever. We gained absolutely nothing from 110-120 besides numbers being a little higher. To me it felt pointless, I'd much rather they remove leveling in new expansion if they don't intend to give us anything from it. Introduce new zones and quest lines with cool and funny rewards, but don't force a leveling experience upon the game when it has no meaning whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Levelling was only too fast if you rushed through it like a madman
    I slack levelled through to 120 in 3 days, not even trying hard...questing, although had 150% rested xp...

Deleted
    No, how could the levelling be to short when there is no point in levelling anymore... we gain 10levels but we lost power and we only lose abilities the higher level we get ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does seem faster than previous expansions.

Pace felt fine in my opinion. Wouldn't have wanted more than what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Nobody said anything about reading things out loud in Elizabethan English. I did say I do read them and I do it silently to myself. Some do, some don't. That's just how I play. We're all free to choose our paths.
    That was kind of a tongue in cheek joke. I'm saying I fully support people who want to level as slowly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    When did you start playing? It might of been pointless but it was far from a "slog". We did 2 zone and were max level. Previous xpax were 5-6.

I'd like to see a quest count. Zones by themselves don't really measure much. If a zone has 100 quest in it, and 2 zones have 50. It's not important to say it only took 1 zone. I don't like spending forever in a zone and that's what BFA has felt like. Drustvar and Zuldazar just felt like the quest never ended, turn in 5 pick up another 5. I would have much rather all 6 zones had been connected and I done no more than 50 quest per zone
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2018-09-13 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    That was kind of a tongue in cheek joke. I'm saying I fully support people who want to level as slowly as possible.
    Keep your tongue out of my cheeks. Gotta wine and dine me first. I assumed you didn't understand why someone would. My alts, I do blast through since I've already read things.

When you are done and still have a zone and 1/2 to go, yeah it was too fast. And for what it's worth I didn't get in a hurry, read all the quests and still managed to level two 120's without much effort in the first week.

Considering it was largely arbitrary and meaningless, Id say it was too slow.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I'm curious, just how slow do you guys that make those statements go? Do you read each quest, contemplate your actions and the lives you will have to take, make the decision to pursue the quest and then RP walk to each location, stopping at local Inns and towns and spending the night, talking with the locals?

We are a month past launch, are some of you still working on your first level 120?

I'm with Nyel, the quest were about as boring as can be. I really don't see what there is to go slow for. No, it was not too fast, it is way to slow. I want Heirlooms and +50% exp gems now!
    I read the quest text. After I'm done I sit and wait a moment to see if the npc has anything to say or any RP to do in relation to me picking up the quest. Then I go do it. Nothing so excessive as what you wrote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    No, how could the levelling be to short when there is no point in levelling anymore... we gain 10levels but we lost power and we only lose abilities the higher level we get ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    If they remove levelling they'll also have to remove gear, or just have our stats reset every xpac.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I still don't understand why we have to Level through all tbc, wotlk, cata etc just to Play BfA. It just does not feel right.
    IMHO Blizzard should overhaul the leveling system and make it work like the professions: Each expansion has its own levels. So instead of having to get to Level 120, you have to first Level up to 60 in "classic" and from there on you can Level up BfA from 0 to 10. If you go to Outlands you'd still have to Level up there from 0 to 10. This way all the Content would stay relevant too.

No, it was fine. Its pre 100 that is to slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorenos View Post
    I took my time, had fun, did all the quests I could find with minimal dungeon running, and I had a great time leveling. I didn't think it was too fast or too slow, and honestly the leveling process was probably the best part of the expansion so far.
    I'm doing the same thing right now and I don't find it slow. It's all a matter of perspective.

I'd like to see a quest count. Zones by themselves don't really measure much. If a zone has 100 quest in it, and 2 zones have 50. It's not important to say it only took 1 zone. I don't like spending forever in a zone and that's what BFA has felt like. Drustvar and Zuldazar just felt like the quest never ended, turn in 5 pick up another 5. I would have much rather all 6 zones had been connected and I done no more than 50 quest per zone

Just stop looking for evidence to support your position. I am a very slow leveler. I do not level alts. Every xpac i take my time and do everything before i even look at end game stuff.

This xpac the leveling xp did not match the story. We leveled to quickly for the story. Simple as that. I am not talking about grinding out super fast or racing to the end. I am talking about sitting back relaxing and doing the story.

Legion was a bit off...i think i had 1 zone left when i hit 110. Every xpac before that i was in the last zone when zones had a level range.

When zones had a level range i was the guy staying behind to finish everything before moving on.

There is no argument here. Leveling did not match the story. So therefore the "level to quickly" argument holds. It also took less time then before. Usually I was max by the weekend when released on a Tuesday.

This year I was max on tuesday when it was released monday. I did not do "end game" stuff until Thursday/Friday. Which seems the same...but content was not there..it just took longer for me to kill stuff @120 then @110.
    Last edited by Banard; 2018-09-14 at 01:06 PM.

I wouldn't call it leveling anymore because nothing of significance happens to your character progression - From 110 to 120 was a quest gate that introduced you to the new story and regions.

I can't help but laugh when people say leveling has no place in the game. How do people play MMOs and still think this?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    was leveling to fast ? i dont see many things worth farming for you will get them for free if you just wait leveling was only thing that seams to not decrease in value would have licked like 50-100 levels no catch up even allow getting mas exp for completing raids among the way so after 100 days the nobs would stil be at 130-150 and the pro players at 200
    leveling options shod be pvp and raids and world quests
    I think you're talking to fast bud, try forming some sentences instead of some mess of garbage.

I still have no idea what the F you're saying.