Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Yo just a message to plebs who'd like to see this game dead,but yet again you failed for the past 14 years.I just wanted to say this

1.BFA the fastest selling expansion so far with 3,4mil copies in a day.
    2.Many realms went to medium/full + ques
    3.Wow is 2nd on Twitch by views
    4.Cities and world are crowded with people

You can QQ about azerite,island expeditions,warfronts as much as you want.Still doesnt change THE FACT of what ive mentioned above.Dont even bother lol
    Cool Story Bro, how much is Ian paying you to shovel that?

Get the fuck out scrubs.You didnt prove anything besides your theorycrafting every god damn expansion.Proud whiteknight definately.Unsub and stop whinning pussies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    We don't want the game to die, we want it to succeed... which is why we're complaining.
    Pretty much this. Why else would we still be playing?

You might be right on selling point, even if we say the game is very populated now, with all the flaws and mistakes and ignoring player’s bug , class suggestions. People can easily unsub when they dont have fun. So selling is one thing ,keeping people happy and subbed another thing. I know it from my job( machine technical service).
    I liked bfa so far , legion was good but the biggest problem was ap was tagged to spec. Respec or offspec was so difficult. That was the most bugging thing for me along with rng legendary. Bfa solved both. Only downside is again ap grinding ( which i did %95 of ap wq and 23 neck lvl now, it is so difficult to get there ) and no azerite gear loot for m+ ( stuck to 340 or join raid which is difficult for me i am moving in north america , playing in eu server ) .

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    clearly, you didn't play cata or WOD.
    I would argue both cata and WoD had more obvious broken pieces at launch. Glitched encounters, system crashes, broken graphic models, unwinable encounters, artifical resets, etc.

I would say that this launch was good from a production values and staiblity perspective.

HOWEVER

from a class design, balance, tuning, and progression perspective many parts feel like they're late alpha or early beta from a tuning perspective.

- the poor communication and understanding of how warfronts are supposed to work; the confusion around mythic chests
    - resetting of gear levels, prereqs, itemization via hotpatch after hotpatch
    - pvp in the worst state its been in a decade; season 1 was halted despite HUGE volumes of comments from beta onwards that balance was broken.

also, the 'less is more' approach has failed utterly
    - classes are boring to play; many specs are ghettoized
    - azerite abilities underwhelming and, when good, nerfed as they become outliers
    - no more class sets; no more class halls or questlines: less content everywhere

finally, just bad design decisions:
    - 3 zones per faction, ensuring every alt has to see the same content every time
    - time gating amplified; gold generation reduced. feels very concious they're trying to slow progression down.
    - expeditions are brain dead content, worse than pandaria scenarios but essential to heart of azeroth progression (yet another systme)
    - heart of azeroth levels break the fundamental design premise of WoW since inception: new, better gear should always be an upgrade. Except its not, since azerite abilites are locked because you didn't grind dailies or expeditions until your eyes bled.

So so many problems with this expansion.

Blizzard had the confidence to remove path of the titans when they came to the conclusion it didn't work as a design. Warfronts, expeditions, and azerite abilites play tested badly but the release date was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    We don't want the game to die, we want it to succeed... which is why we're complaining.
    Ding ding ding ding ding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Also stop mistaking "QQ" for criticism. It's not a healthy attitude to have.

Not saying BFA isn't good but there is fair criticism of it where it needs to be imo.

Sorry but I don't see a lot of constructive criticism on this forum! All I see for majority is "BFA is shit… Wow is dead…" That's what you think is critics?
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    Sorry but I don't see a lot of constructive criticism on this forum! All I see for majority is "BFA is shit… Wow is dead…" That's what you think is critics?
    No. And there has been fair criticism.

About the Azerite system, Warfronts, lack of clarity/communication from Blizzard, bugs that should not have made it out of Beta, launch issues on higher pop servers and so on.

Look past those kinds of posts and you will easily find it.

top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

@You are wrong

Yep. And here we are nearly 12 years on from BC.

Those are the kinds of posts that should never be taken seriously imo. Good chunk of people said the same thing about earlier MMOs that got expansions.

There is fair criticism of BFA. I've been critical myself personally but think at it's core it's a decent expansion.

No product is perfect. Especially a video game. Criticism helps a game grow.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. People got hyped and bought BfA.
    2. They change low/med/high threshold all the time , it means nothing.
    3. Wait until World's first race is over.
    4. I don't think they are , not as much as old dalaran was back in wotlk in my realm.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    No. And there has been fair criticism.

About the Azerite system, Warfronts, lack of clarity/communication from Blizzard, bugs that should not have made it out of Beta, launch issues on higher pop servers and so on.

Look past those kinds of posts and you will easily find it.
    I know but it's kinda hard to bypass all those QQ! For one clear objective critic you have like 20 morons who just telling the game is the worst thing in the world without any explication. I can understand if Blizz doesnt want to go thru all that to find the very one good contructive comment. I'm just a fan and I have stop reading those useless posts since longtime!
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    I know but it's kinda hard to bypass all those QQ! For one clear objective critic you have like 20 morons who just telling the game is the worst thing in the world without any explication. I can understand if Blizz doesnt want to go thru all that to find the very one good contructive comment. I'm just a fan and I have stop reading those useless posts since longtime!
    Just bypass it. I do all the time as much as I can.

As a fan myself I enjoy the game but I know when to be critical. Least I believe I do hehe. Maybe I'm a bit full on sometimes but I think a bit of tough love criticism is needed sometimes.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also stop mistaking "QQ" for criticism. It's not a healthy attitude to have.
    A lot of it is just QQing though.

It's just funny to see the same people every single expansion declare that everything is broken, the game is dead, blizz is incompetent, etc. And then they call you a white knight if you defend the things that they attack which are purely subjective even if you'd criticized the things that are objectively broken. It's kind of hilarious. In a sad way.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I can agree with you and still think you're being a douchebag about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Those are sales by day 1, not on day 1. That's a pretty big distinction. More importantly, this expansion massively incentivized players to pre-order. It was also the first expansion that could be bought without spending a single dollar.

None of that really matters though. Your type, was beating us over the head with the subscription spike when WoD came out. How'd that work out for you? Oh yeah, that's right, the brain trust over at Irvine lost half of their subscribers in under a year.
    WoD lost those subscribers because of how abysmal 6.1 was, and then was further compounded by Blizzard abandoning the whole expansion after 6.2.

BfA won't fail because of the issues it's having now. BfA will fail if Blizzard doesn't properly address the issues people are upset about in the patch cycle (Bugs/Stability, Islands, Warfronts, Azerite Armor, certain class problems) or, worse, they abandon the expansion for 9.0 like they did with WoD. I will say that I'm getting a bit nervous that we haven't heard anything about 8.1 yet, but hopefully, we'll hear something about it in Ion's AMA today.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University