Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Warfronts. The Horde are able to farm 340+ gear (yes, warforging and titanforging) for literally no effort, as many times a day as they want, and get a 370 quest reward which can proc to 390 itemlevel. So they have a huge advantage over alliance in gearing.
    spam mythic+ for a 370 piece or spam warfront for an item i've overgeared a week ago

decisions decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    Horde has always been the more dominant side when it comes to pve.. PVE'ers have always preferred horde whether its because racials were better or because they liked horde more
    method used to be alliance until end of Cata and things were iirc quite balanced, then all went to hell

anyway the reason for started with racial but by now it snowballed into horde having a much bigger recruitment pool, if you want to raid hardcore you are horde, if you want to recruit hardcore people, you go horde

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Because back when racials actually mattered (Wrath, Cata), world first guilds went horde.

Then more and more good people joined horde because that's where all the good guilds are
    Then came the not-as-good people, because they wanted to try their hand at high-end raiding
    And then came all the wanna-be's because everyone else was horde, so they should too

And then everyone else who wanted to raid somewhat seriously went horde too, because all the guilds are there
    This sums it up pretty much. People think they will be gods once they switch over and realize it was for nothing.

In pvp, especially in NA where we have a lot of impressionable man-babies, u have ppl switch over because their favorite streamer told them too even tho blizzcon time and time and again proves that EUs meta is ahead, and EUs demograph is pretty balanced when it comes to top players horde v alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Horde had better racials back in the day.
    These days it doesn't really matter - but all serious raiding guilds who have been around for a while are Horde.
    Eh, for DPS checks they still do, On use Burst CD's (troll and orc) still come in quite handy. Same reason On use Trinkets are so valuable. You get to control their use and use them to push phases when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    because Alliance is dying because of horde favoritism, higher horde developpement, better narative.
    That and, factually, the horde racials for YEARSSSS were much better suited to pve content. a 2-3% wipe for an alliance guild due to interrupts or such was a kill for horde with the tauren and blood elven racials, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    It's a legitimate question, and one I've not looked at.
    If it's such a legitimate question why do people ask the same thing every tier? It's common knowledge at this point, Horde Racials are better for progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

5+ Year Old Account
    top players play horde because they are stronger by some % and new players are coming to horde because they favourite players play them or cuz they heard that they are stronger

Racials, plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Risen, Forte, Deus Vox, Vodka
    the (semi) good old days, i remember vodka now
    nice memory btw
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Its years worth of problems.

All the wannabe "PvPr's" went human years ago cause OP PvP racial, emptying out the Horde for that period, until it got nerfed.

Same with many "PvErs" that went horde for the same reason, cause a bit better horde racials back then.

Then you had overall certain guilds dominating the scene for awhile, many people would reroll or transfer over there.

The Maelstrom-EU and Scrubbusters is a small example, a 50/50 server for around 8 years, went and became Alliance dominated because Scrubbusters started becoming a bit more famous after Cataclysm etc.

Generally, people follow the trend even if it doesnt mean anything to them.

Warfronts. The Horde are able to farm 340+ gear (yes, warforging and titanforging) for literally no effort, as many times a day as they want, and get a 370 quest reward which can proc to 390 itemlevel. So they have a huge advantage over alliance in gearing.
    Except 16/20 in T21 were Horde
    Except 17/20 in T20 were Horde
    Except 17/20 in T19 were Horde
    Except 16/20 in T18 were Horde
    Except 18/20 in T17 were Horde

Those are all the tiers with Mythic as the highest difficulty (excluding SoO T16 because mythic wasn't initially a difficulty for it).

If you really think the top guild discrepancy is due to a feature that has only influenced the current raid tier, you really don't understand how the existing faction imbalance was created or how long it has existed.

Horde racials (troll, BE, and orc primarily) historically provided marginal benefits to dps. For the guilds that push hard in mythic, that benefit actually matters. Most top guilds have shifted to horde side for that benefit over time. From playing around with simulations in BfA, allied races may have evened out this numerical bias in terms of DPS, as lightforged seems to be simming well for many dps spec. Granted lightforged also happens to be the least played of the 4 races released in Legion... It would require Alliance racials to become better than Horde racials across the board to trigger a migration towards Alliance.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2018-09-14 at 04:19 PM.

Horde bias is a myth. It's just salty ally players trying to find an excuse to blame Blizzard for shit they don't like. I'd say the biggest reason as to why most top guilds are Horde is because it's a perpetual cycle. It grows and grows because people want to be playing with the best players, which you can't do cross faction.

Which to ask why the inital push to Horde exists, well that's because the racials add a marginal increase to effectiveness. For the same reason why there was a massive push to Alliance when the Human racial was strong for pvp.

You'd have to be really dense to think any of these top 100 guilds weren't already far above 340 when warfronts were released. It's WELFARE gear, meaning casuals benefit the most.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2018-09-14 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    because Alliance is dying because of horde favoritism, higher horde developpement, better narative.
    You're a fool if you think narrative impacts world first guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Simple, horde is played by a mature community where as alliance is elf wanking 12 years old scrubs.
    mature you say. how ironic
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Horde bias is a myth. It's just salty ally players trying to find an excuse to blame Blizzard for shit they don't like. I'd say the biggest reason as to why most top guilds are Horde is because it's a perpetual cycle. It grows and grows because people want to be playing with the best players, which you can't do cross faction.

Which to ask why the inital push to Horde exists, well that's because the racials add a marginal increase to effectiveness. For the same reason why there was a massive push to Alliance when the Human racial was strong for pvp.
    Absolutely this. I can’t believe people still believe that myth.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    You're a fool if you think narrative impacts world first guilds.
    that impact base players. make it bigger for the horde with more perspective fot HL guildes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blodia View Post
    -snip-
    I didn't play horde at all in vanilla, that i didn't hide, i was alliance gnome warlock exactly
    Again no, either ur tanks were good and know what to do (something most players didn't back then), usually u can't afford go to berserk stance and take hit because u have no defense ability up in berserk stance, i did say that with more gear (exactly more defensive stats) u can afford that easily but first few times it wasn't
    I did NOT play shaman, but switch totems seems to be very mana consuming, and mana - up to wrath - was serious problem to everyone, heck even in wrath was problem to most classes until Cata and blizz decided to f8ck healers only and arcane mages and make mana a useless bar
    And ppl played warrior dps on alliance side too, and warriors did have good dps, just insane threat problem, and u talk about how only 'good tanks' didn't have threat problem, while anyone who tanked prior to blizz threat change remember how threat was problem no matter how good u were
    I do remember in TBC that WF totem buff didn't work with rogue poisons, or paladin seal of vengeance (the ally version), and i doubt in vanilla it worked with rogue poison either, then again back then rogue poison didn't work on any elemental in first place
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Because Horde is better

/close thread
    12/12

Quote Originally Posted by Abitou View Post
    Because Horde is better

/close thread
    ofc they are, they had the best pve racials, that atracted a big chunck of alliance raiders into the faction. you think they came for the "loktar ogar bullshit" to do progress on horde side? heh not really
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Alliance always has bonus honor to join BGs so no we re absolutely horrible and it shows in RBG too. Not sure whats going on with alliance maybe because its just not bad ass enough.
    People dont wanna play a perfect lawfully good faction with a 18 year old perfect lightboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.