• yes

36 21.82%
  • no

129 78.18%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I tried to follow, I really did.
    Based on the title, no, the speed at which leveling occurs is actually pretty decent.
    Without saving up rested, just leveling with normal xp, you can finish all 3 zones of your faction's continent and get the oppo continent by time you hit 120.
    The amount of quests are just as many, if not greater, than past expansions.
    The time it takes to do them is about the same as Legion 7.3 (when the scaling outdoor mobs thing became a thing).
    Maybe if you skip all quest text or use addons to auto-turn in for you or something you can speed it up, or if you have a group of people you can blitz levels out rather quickly doing group stuff, but neither of these are new.
    Leveling content was paced well.

Maybe it's because their way of doing quests has streamlined over the last few xpacs that it feels fast?
    There's a natural flow to zones, where you start in one area and work your way to the next as opposed to just bouncing all around like a madman?
    I dunno, I didn't feel faster or slower than previous launch leveling.

Leveling shouldn't be a thing anymore, so no, leveling was NOT to fast

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Without saving up rested, just leveling with normal xp, you can finish all 3 zones of your faction's continent and get the oppo continent by time you hit 120.

This is false. You hit 120 before you even finished the 2nd zone. Hence levelling too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Just stop looking for evidence to support your position. I am a very slow leveler. I do not level alts. Every xpac i take my time and do everything before i even look at end game stuff.
    What position am I looking for support on? This isn't a slow leveler versus fast leveler issue. I'm simply stating that I think there are more quest per zone in BFA than in previous Xpacs. As far as I can remember, I've always hit maxed with one zone left over. In Wod and earlier I stayed in a zone for the pure reason so I could outlevel the next zones mobs. In Shadowmoon Valley\Frostfire Ridge, I could get to 94 before leaving, that made Gorgond even easier and faster

I don't consider it leveling too fast if you hit max level before finishing the main stories. You still have to do all the quest anyways to get the rep to unlock the world Quest, so Blizzard built in a means to ensure you were going to see their story. What difference does it make if you see that story at 115 or 120?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    This is false. You hit 120 before you even finished the 2nd zone. Hence levelling too quickly.
    Ok, maybe I should have prefaced this with:
    In my experience with leveling 3 toons (one ranged DPS, one tank, one melee DPS), I was able to complete all 3 zone's main storylines along with some side quests (the ones that don't contribute to zone completion) whilst establishing the first bases on the other continent as I hit 120.
    Only one of them had a gathering profession and that one did level up a bit "faster" with 2 or 3 story chapters left in the 3rd zone by 120 (don't remember).
    I did not run dungeons in between, nor did I pvp or do expeditions.
    I solely did questing leveling content.

Other people who run dungeons, did expeditions in between, have double gathering, or whatever the case may be for them, could have done it faster in terms of raw hours or in terms of story by zone.
    I was measuring against open world leveling quest content while not having any boosts (rested xp).

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    if you do mythic uldir now il have better gear than you in 6 mounths by doing almost nothing with leveling we could preserve the progression
    LOL. If your motivation to raid is gear you're literally an idiot. Gear is a tool.

It took me a little longer than 6 hours, which I think is nice. Perfect if you're EU and having a midnight release, staying up until 6am is pretty acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Leveling shouldn't be a thing anymore, so no, leveling was NOT to fast
    serious? go play a god damn single player game... you are one of the reasons why mmos are the way they are now, a fucking theme park for lazy ass players

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is the fun part for me! So it never last long enough! Yeah it's too fast!

I know I'm not in the majority thinking like this. I see tons of people just rushing to see end game content. But it's my opinion!
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    I was measuring against open world leveling quest content while not having any boosts (rested xp).
    Same. Only did the dungeon at the end of the zone for story. I was 120 before i hit the third zone. I do everything before moving on.

I do this every xpac and since they removed "level brackets" from zones you out level the story. It was the same in legion, but was worst here.

I'd say it was the right pace for the first main character... I explored all the zones, 100% quest and exploration completion. Was only halfway through Zuldazar when I dinged 120, spent several more hours finishing it up and closing the expansion questline.

For alts? The. EXACT. SAME. CONTENT. EVERY. TIME.

The 3 zones per faction design was a huge mistake this expansion. Layer ontop of that reputation grinds (particularly for Azerite and Honorbound) and I've just parked a bunch of alts at level 110.

This would be less of a problem if there was more to do at the cap with my main. Mythic+ dungeons and weekly raiding only carries you so far. PvP is worse than its been in years too so not a lot of incentive there.

Warfronts and Expeditions are content I'm done with. What a waste of development effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Op are you serious? Why does it matter how fast or slow people level? Have you ever leveled from 1-120 without heirlooms?

The fact that op considers people noobs for leveling slow gives me the impression once they hit 120 they ARE the noob you come across.

It's sad how people's enjoyment stems from what total strangers do and don't do.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

Leveling in wow is shit anyways, guild wars 2 is a good example on how to make leveling amazing with it's living world and events popping up everywhere.
    Do you hear the voices too?

leveling in wow has become so outdated and frankly garbage covered with shit in a pool of puke, that anything longer thann pressing a single button to get to cap is too long imo