Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nooo - we will laugh at allience for bringing this on themselves by crying so laud on forums.

i personaly couldnt give less fuck since i already rushed 6 alts through it and rest of them i have in 111-113 range so dont care much .

but lol at allience '

im also gonna publicly call devs responsible for this hotfix completly unfit to be in their positions and they should get fired for this shitshow

at this point it was already to late to do anything and now they fucked half of their playerbase and what can they do ? remove gear from horde and efectively fuck playerbase as whole ?

they shouldnt touch it in first place - it was already too late and now its a PR disaster for them .
    Yeah i agree,not the horde playerbase fault in any way. And your right theres no real way to rectify it in terms of taking back gear from horde players so i guess all they could do really is just leave it. But as you said from a PR stand point you cant just fuck off half the player base by not giving them the same opportunity to gear hey

Deleted
    Here's what you do if you are not ignorant:

1. hit level 120
    2. buy two DMCs, that's right, two = 40k
    3. buy 320 rep cloak
    4. do a full arathi rare sweep
    5. if still not 320, buy the cheapest 370s from raid
    6. run warfront until u have everything
    7. sell all BoEs

Literally nothing changed, you just need some gold on you and a brain.

because blizzard had genius idea that mobs should scale up to 340 level and stop scaling then .
    That's news to me. We all probably know about the open world mob scaling but I don't believe blizzard has ever said it stops specifically at 340 ilvl.

Gonna have to ask you for your source on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Naustis View Post
    First WQs are rewarding you with 300-310ilvl items, then it goes up.

I was 335+ ilvl on all my toons after the first week, and there was no warfronts to farm, and you had to focus on AP much more than now so you had no time to farm dungs.

People who are crying that they need to get 325 before they can start farming mythic gear are just funny. Why should you be able to skip this phase when everyone else who started xpac ealier had to come through it? You are not special. Requierements for mythic dung is often 325ilvl+ so now when you get the ilvl you can decide if you want to run mythuc dung or waefront with is perfectly fine.
    That's just wrong. They only give that high ilvl if you are already close to 300. I have seen that not 3 days ago when I dinged a new character. WQ rewards started in the 285 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinth View Post
    Here's what you do if you are not ignorant:

1. hit level 120
    2. buy two DMCs, that's right, two = 40k
    3. buy 320 rep cloak
    4. do a full arathi rare sweep
    5. if still not 320, buy the cheapest 370s from raid
    6. run warfront until u have everything
    7. sell all BoEs

Literally nothing changed, you just need some gold on you and a brain.
    'Some gold' really should not equal half a million, to be honest. Yeah, a lot of player have lots of gold. But not all do. A friend of mine barely makes enough to sub each month due to having limited time to play, so that is a lot of gold.

As for the Arathi rare sweep, possible to get only 1-2 items out of it. Which might be for the same slot.

Again, not saying getting to 320 is hard, just saying that you are framing it much easier than it is. Most people do need normal and heroic dungeons to supplement or even do the bulk of gearing.
    Last edited by Kiri; 2018-09-14 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    I mean gearing to 320 isn't that hard. Just do WQ's. I kinda expected there was a catch, and tbh, it's not time gating. You gotta work hard to earn things.
    I've been doing world quests and I've seen no gear in the last 3 days that gives anything above 290.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I've been doing world quests and I've seen no gear in the last 3 days that gives anything above 290.
    You need to also buy the 320 backs from the rep vendors that you can get at friendly, you can get 335 legs or boots at honored/revered.

You can get 300 ilvl rings off the AH for relatively cheap, too. I got one that had 250 haste (with gem and enchant) on it and that I'm still using at 340+.

Emissary's also give higher ilvl armors and you should also probably focus on the wq's that give azerite armor caches.

Also keep in mind that if gear has shit stats on it but it's a higher ilvl you should still keep it in your bag because they count towards the scaling of wqs rewards.

Last thing, prioritize Champions of Azeroth rep, at each tier, friendly, honored, revered, you get a 15 ilvl upgrade on it.

There are lots of ways to inflate your ilvl without entering dungeons or raids, the ones I mentioned here are just a few of them.
    Last edited by f3llyn; 2018-09-14 at 05:31 PM.

because blizzard had genius idea that mobs should scale up to 340 level and stop scaling then .
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    This is the first time that I read this!
    Good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    That's news to me. We all probably know about the open world mob scaling but I don't believe blizzard has ever said it stops specifically at 340 ilvl.

Gonna have to ask you for your source on this one.
    This idea is a conspiracy theory that has been completely denied by Blizzard. It was explicitly addressed during a developer QA three weeks ago and you can find more information about it on wowhead. MMO-C had it on the front page too … feel free to dig back through the history if you want to see it there.

And not only has Blizzard clearly and emphatically denied the false rumor that outdoor mobs scale with player item level at 120, you can test it yourself and see that it is utter nonsense.

To be clear, I am posting this for the benefit of the genuinely confused, not to argue with the conspiracy theorists themselves ... because that would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    This idea is a conspiracy theory that has been completely denied by Blizzard. It was explicitly addressed during a developer QA three weeks ago and you can find more information about it on wowhead. MMO-C had it on the front page too … feel free to dig back through the history if you want to see it there.

And not only has Blizzard clearly and emphatically denied the false rumor that outdoor mobs scale with player item level at 120, you can test it yourself and see that it is utter nonsense.

To be clear, I am posting this for the benefit of the genuinely confused, not to argue with the conspiracy theorists themselves ... because that would be pointless.
    I read that before and that's why I was asking the guy why he was saying mobs stop scaling at 340.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    What's your Ilvl? Once you hit 290 you should be getting 300 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Unironically saying horde bias is real is taking the game too seriously.

Blizzard has been fucking up in multiple respects. You can't just single one out that happens to fit a narrative and then jump on it. I don't know why there are so many issues with BFA but here we are.
    Horde babies every time an alliance has a perfectly valid point about how we CONSTANTLY get fucked is "taking the game too seriously".

If the dev shit on you and your sub fee then you'd be upset, but no since you are in the baby faction that has to get their bottle alliance players who are sick of this shit are "taking the game too seriously".

Are you trolling or are you legitimately saying this shit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    You need to also buy the 320 backs from the rep vendors that you can get at friendly, you can get 335 legs or boots at honored/revered.

You can get 300 ilvl rings off the AH for relatively cheap, too. I got one that had 250 haste (with gem and enchant) on it and that I'm still using at 340+.

Emissary's also give higher ilvl armors and you should also probably focus on the wq's that give azerite armor caches.

Also keep in mind that if gear has shit stats on it but it's a higher ilvl you should still keep it in your bag because they count towards the scaling of wqs rewards.

Last thing, prioritize Champions of Azeroth rep, at each tier, friendly, honored, revered, you get a 15 ilvl upgrade on it.

There are lots of ways to inflate your ilvl without entering dungeons or raids, the ones I mentioned here are just a few of them.
    The inescapable FACT is that should this change have been made or not, it should have been made AFTER A FULL CYCLE. If they were stupid and broke their gearing them it needs to be broken evenly for both sides. Not only does this tilt everything EVEN FURTHER in favor of Horde both in PvP and raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Awesome. As I've said repeatedly I agree. I don't know why you keep harping on about a "head start" when I am talking about ending up ahead in the long run though.

I was under the impression that the world boss would have a weekly loot lock. But even if can only be looted once per cycle it doesn't change the principle of my argument in that the Alliance will always get their loot lockout 2 weeks earlier than Horde.

All of which is just a theoretical debate because, for the vast majority of players, this really doesn't make a meaningful difference.
    Just an addendum since I just saw Ion's response in the AMA in this regard.

Apparently, the ilvl 370 quest is a once per cycle thing as well. As such, the Horde will always get their guaranteed piece before the alliance, while the alliance will have the chance based piece first. So it is simply a matter of preference - one piece guaranteed without WF, or 0-2 pieces with a chance of WF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Just an addendum since I just saw Ion's response in the AMA in this regard.

Apparently, the ilvl 370 quest is a once per cycle thing as well. As such, the Horde will always get their guaranteed piece before the alliance, while the alliance will have the chance based piece first. So it is simply a matter of preference - one piece guaranteed without WF, or 0-2 pieces with a chance of WF.
    That is bad design.

They should have released two war fronts at the same time cycling with Horde controlling warfront A first and Alliance controlling warfront B and work from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I don't always agree with HvB but all his criticisms of Warfronts here and the state of the game/gearing is 100% spot on
    I think it's telling that at least three(Preach, Bellular, AND Kelani) are all pretty much agreeing on their criticisms of BfA right now. It'd be one thing if just Preach were the only one talking about about it, but when all the "Experts" are lining up to point out the flaws, it's a pretty fair bet that things are not good with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post

'Some gold' really should not equal half a million, to be honest. Yeah, a lot of player have lots of gold. But not all do. A friend of mine barely makes enough to sub each month due to having limited time to play, so that is a lot of gold.

As for the Arathi rare sweep, possible to get only 1-2 items out of it. Which might be for the same slot.

Again, not saying getting to 320 is hard, just saying that you are framing it much easier than it is. Most people do need normal and heroic dungeons to supplement or even do the bulk of gearing.
    And really that's how it should be. We're a month into the xpack. I'm all about catch-up mechanics but early on, you should have to take your lumps and grind a bit to get your blues and then purples.

The first problem is that Warfronts were just too lucrative and made you skip the entire early gear curve. Guaranteed 340 gear for a 20, max 30 minute scenario even easier than the weekly-locked LFR is insanity this early in the expansion. The second problem of course, was the Horde exclusivity which even as a Horde player I can say is just bullshit. The third problem is the guaranteed gear. That should be handled with some parsimony, not thrown at players for half AFKing through a scenario they can't lose. The ilvl 320 requirement is a band-aid that fixes some of issue 1 but exacerbates issue 2 while not really touching issue 3.

The feature is just terribly designed from the get go. It should have been active for both factions at once, and the rewards should have been the free 370 and then mostly cosmetic stuff. Have them drop catch-up gear later in the expansion to keep them relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think it's telling that at least three(Preach, Bellular, AND Kelani) are all pretty much agreeing on their criticisms of BfA right now. It'd be one thing if just Preach were the only one talking about about it, but when all the "Experts" are lining up to point out the flaws, it's a pretty fair bet that things are not good with the game.
    I think it's a bigger sign that Bellular is being so critical of the game, considering he has recently done work for Blizzard.

Warfronts have to be more dynamic or the rotation has to come sooner. if the intent is to release a new warfront every 4-5 months = GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I think it's a bigger sign that Bellular is being so critical of the game, considering he has recently done work for Blizzard.
    I noticed that as well. You could tell he was trying to downplay it, but was still pretty much going "WTF?"

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I noticed that as well. You could tell he was trying to downplay it, but was still pretty much going "WTF?"
    WoW has a high barrier of entry due to expansion costs and sub fee.

In the past, WoW devs used to design the game with that in mind to actively reward loyal players that stayed with the game. Current WoW devs are looking for up front sales/micro transactions through their services/stores and don't care about if players sub or not for a long period of time.

Like I said before if you come into BFA at the end you can experience all the content as it is meant to be and not gated. But that is a bad feeling for a P2P and B2P MMORPG like WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Warfronts have to be more dynamic or the rotation has to come sooner. if the intent is to release a new warfront every 4-5 months = GG.
    They should have definitely started with 2, to have both factions be able to do something.

One plus though, the loot system in warfronts appears to be non-random, or at least allows you with a very high chance to get item's which you miss, which incidentally makes them the closest thing to badge gear I can think off. Im certainly glad that I could just spam them (as tank) for a couple of hours and be at least m0 from an iLvl PoV compared to banking on tiny upgrades via loot luck over a couple of weeks in m0 dungeons (with that still utterly pointless lockout).

Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    In two days, Alliance will begin their contributions, and a week from now you'll be jumping into the Warfront yourself. The initial rollout was regrettable, and we should have had a minimum item level requirement on the experience sooner. In the grand scheme of things, the number of true fresh alts that geared up during the ~48 hours when it was unrestricted is small, and from a competitive perspective, most folks who'd been doing other endgame content for weeks prior to the Warfront had little need for the repeatable 340s it offered. That initial window should never have existed in the first place, but we didn't feel like it was the right answer to leave an unrestricted source of 340 loot in place for the entirety of September just to make sure everyone got a shot, relative to the harm it would cause to the value of other content for fresh 120s, to say nothing of the degraded experience in the Warfront itself from having a bunch of folks wearing 280 gear and unable to pull their weight.
    Having access to unlimited amounts of ilvl340 gear (even for disenchanting) 2 weeks before the other faction would have been a MAJOR advantage even if the WF had started with the ilvl320 requirement. That it did not just made the whole situation worse.

Shitting epics on one faction right at the start of the expansion when the average player does not have access to them (no, most players do not run M+ on end ...not even M0) is just not the same as doing it 2 weeks later.

Sorry. But this design was one of the single biggest mistakes made by a developer of a 2-faction-game. Is's laughably amateur.

But hey, it's good that right when the Horde is about to enter their "2-week-wait-cycle" he realizes that MAYBE not having 2 warfronts right from the start (or simply not have the stupid zone-switch at all and just have the phases be identical for both factions) was not the best design they ever came up with.

Maybe it would be better if Warfronts were over-the-top awesome content and one of the best features ever added to the game....but they are not. They just are not.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-09-14 at 11:49 PM.