Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Who cares? This doesn't effect you one bit. I remember when Alliance PVP racials were stupid good. That effects average players a lot more than a 100 DPS boost in raids (if that).

vanilla the alliance pve was OP you had salvation stop crying
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    People dont wanna play a perfect lawfully good faction with a 18 year old perfect lightboy
    considering that horde is pretty much a terrorist group in game atm filled with genocidal warmongers as leaders, rampant capitalist pigs like the goblins, fresh new elves that use the phrase "lowborn scum" aka nazi nightborne or the good ol` orcs that speak of honor but attack kids and peasents in stomrsong....yeah id prefer a lightboy instead of an edgy walking corpse that wants to "kill hope".
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Deleted
    With the exception of vanilla horde has always had better racials and therefore a minimal advantage in Pve, top guilds go for that minimal advantage and most people therefore follow 'the best' and go horde aswell. It does not really bother me, it only becomes a problem when horde also has the strongest racials for pvp, which is why the made EMFH in the first place as there was a huge inbalance during mid wotlk.

Pvp racials is pretty 50/50 now which will make the horde gain more players over time as the pve advantage is already there, unless something changes alliance will slowly decay until blizzard think's it's to bad and they buff Human/Dwarf racials again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    vanilla the alliance pve was OP you had salvation stop crying
    lol, can you even make more then one "point"?
    here:
    "hell, when the horde did eventually get paladins and thus the almighty salv their paladins got seals that actually made them viable DPS as ret.
    you may want to chose your "points" better."

Because the horde were busy playing the game, progressing and gearing up. Whilst the majority of you alliance people sat in the forums moaning about High elves, "horde bias" and Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    ofc they are, they had the best pve racials, that atracted a big chunck of alliance raiders into the faction. you think they came for the "loktar ogar bullshit" to do progress on horde side? heh not really
    I'll be honest, if the microscopic amount of edge any racial gives you is what makes/breaks you from progression then you're likely not ready for that tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Because the horde were busy playing the game, progressing and gearing up. Whilst the majority of you alliance people sat in the forums moaning about High elves, "horde bias" and Sylvanas.
    nah, it's more likely that they, like myself, left the game entirely and went to play better games while WoW slowly slides into mediocrity as the entire MMO genre slowly dies around it.
    with wildstar and carbine going out i wonder how much longer rift has til the thin-man collects it to.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account

Horde Blizzard like Horde more

Nice to see that most is guilds is from Horde
    I even think that Blizzard like Horde more then Alliance!
    Just look at the statue of the orc at the entrance to their HQ office

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I'm afraid the "numbers" are speaking for themselves. The whole "racials" scapegoat really needs to die. It's old.

Your response doesn't really say I'm wrong. It's just some theorycrafting. I was there since vanilla (one of the people who can say that who are not lying and claiming they were) and the whole "racials" and "shamans" arguments were just scapegoats. I've done plenty of raids and never once have I ever heard anyone say anything remotely close to "thank God for those racials or we wouldn't have beat that..."
    i'll reiterate because you might have missed it:

HIGH END RAIDING COMMUNITY not your average joe's sometimes raids kinda guild furthermore if you actually read my post you would see that i said back in classic these issues didn't really exist and that in fact due to paladins being alliance only the alliance was actually favoured, just for reference let me give you an example of what i meant:

as alliance in wrath, you 'needed' a draenei in each raid group for heroic presence, this is probably the best and only example i can give you from the alliance PoV, as for horde, you needed blood elf/troll/orc for various reasons but for the most part it was down to how their racials could be used to help beat dps checks, cheese adds in some way that alliance races couldn't, or a mix of both, these issues were further amplified by someone who pointed out the cheer benefit of having trolls in ToT and other such nuances that came with playing horde races over alliance ones, and as such it has been a self perpetuating problem ever since, and like i also said in my initial post, it has not been about racials for a good few years now, the problem is perpetuated by the fact that the horde has the greater population of better quality players end of discussion, therefore people who wish to compete at a high level will play horde, the only reason you will see a small number of alliance guilds at the high end is because of the hall of fame shit blizz have added, if this didn't exist i can guarantee that 99% of all top end guilds would be horde.

Orc and Troll racials are pretty good for pve content.

Deleted
    How someone could actually think WARFRONTS out of all things has ANYTHING to do with this amazes me...Almost impressive to make yourself believe a serious mythic raider gives a damn about 340 gear.

Faction imbalance is 100% because of racials being better for horde at a certain point and it created a loop of players going horde and there really aint much to do about it anymore. Doesnt matter if they are completely equal anymore, top raiders would still rather be on the horde side for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I'll be honest, if the microscopic amount of edge any racial gives you is what makes/breaks you from progression then you're likely not ready for that tier.
    i love this response, this puts into perspective how little you understand about this issue, and why it in fact never has nor ever will affect you in any way, let me give you a modern example shall i:

mythic kil'jaeden, alliance guilds were faction changing to horde to get goblins for the rocket boost racial in order to kill him, without it they couldn't do it as alliance because they didn't have the tools necessary to do so, it was hotfixed so it wasn't a requirement as was able to be killed equally by either faction, now would you kindly stop posting on a topic you have no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaboonga View Post
    How someone could actually think WARFRONTS out of all things has ANYTHING to do with this amazes me...Almost impressive to make yourself believe a serious mythic raider gives a damn about 340 gear.

Faction imbalance is 100% because of racials being better for horde at a certain point and it created a loop of players going horde and there really aint much to do about it anymore. Doesnt matter if they are completely equal anymore, top raiders would still rather be on the horde side for the most part.
    i wasn't aware every single expansion was "a certain point".

Pay me 11 faction change and I'll go Alliance any day
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2018-09-14 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Historical reasons. Horde had OP racials in the past, and there was no reason to revert back to alliance. This is a self fulfilling prophecy til eternity.
    This.

Mythic KJ originally also required goblin jump for classes without such a thing (gust of wind, etc) so the super high end Alliance guilds who hadn't moved over started to then. As more and more people moved, social effects took hold; guilds need to recruit and more and more top players were on Horde, so the reasons for staying Alliance dwindled.

The racial reasons aren't strong today, but it costs a lot of gold to pay for a guild to change factions and the social effect is still in play. They would basically need to make alliance OP to force people to make the jump back, but it wouldn't fix the problem, just move it from one faction to another.

TL;DR: Top raiders moved to Horde because it was better and now there's just no reason to go back even if it is no longer true.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i'll reiterate because you might have missed it:

HIGH END RAIDING COMMUNITY not your average joe's sometimes raids kinda guild furthermore if you actually read my post you would see that i said back in classic these issues didn't really exist and that in fact due to paladins being alliance only the alliance was actually favoured, just for reference let me give you an example of what i meant:

as alliance in wrath, you 'needed' a draenei in each raid group for heroic presence, this is probably the best and only example i can give you from the alliance PoV, as for horde, you needed blood elf/troll/orc for various reasons but for the most part it was down to how their racials could be used to help beat dps checks, cheese adds in some way that alliance races couldn't, or a mix of both, these issues were further amplified by someone who pointed out the cheer benefit of having trolls in ToT and other such nuances that came with playing horde races over alliance ones, and as such it has been a self perpetuating problem ever since, and like i also said in my initial post, it has not been about racials for a good few years now, the problem is perpetuated by the fact that the horde has the greater population of better quality players end of discussion, therefore people who wish to compete at a high level will play horde, the only reason you will see a small number of alliance guilds at the high end is because of the hall of fame shit blizz have added, if this didn't exist i can guarantee that 99% of all top end guilds would be horde.
    I'm afraid it still doesn't actually prove anything. How can we actually prove that the horde has a greater population of "better quality players?" What exactly makes a player good or bad quality? If player A beats the new raid before player B but only because player A plays this game all day long and can wipe over and over while player B has to go to work, does that really make him a higher quality player or better?

I get what you're saying, but I'm afraid it's circumstantial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    i wasn't aware every single expansion was "a certain point".
    Sure, you're not wrong. If anything the only time it hasnt been horde favored super clearly is vanilla and now.

this is going to be interesting for those waiting for crossrealm mythic raiding considering there are 100 guilds horde and alliance req. to finish mythic uldir. that's gonna take probably half a year since there are only like 15 ally guilds in top 100
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Because Horde is the coolest faction full of hot studs and gorgeous women who are all amazingly skilled at video games, financially successful and popular and all that, and they all naturally gravitate towards the Horde because the Alliance is LAME. The Alliance smells and is full of dimwitted children and probably all incel Nazis too.

It has nothing to do with the racials btw.