Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Reddit AMA with Ion Hazzikostas

Reddit AMA with Ion Hazzikostas
    The Reddit thread is live, allowing you to post questions now. Ion won't start answering them until 2PM PST.

Will the questions and answers posted here on mmo-champ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Will the questions and answers posted here on mmo-champ?
    Yes. They always have been.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Is he going to answer Major League still pitches or is he going to have to have it put on the tee for him this week?

3.3k comments and counting.

Meanwhile, at Blizzard.

score hidden lel....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    3.3k comments and counting.

Meanwhile, at Blizzard.

Where's that upvote at?
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Do any of those people know what concise means? So many walls of text being posted.

Although there's a lot of genuinely good questions being asked. Far better than the fluff stuff he normally replies to in a video.

That response is pretty much a nothing response imo, and extremely disheartening.

I was hoping they would commit to a full rework of the system. I know that was super unlikely, but I hoped.

So, I guess i'll wait and see. The most powerful trait being essentially auto unlocked on the outside is just a huge ? from an rpg design standpoint. We have nothing meaningful to work towards by gaining more AP. People ask me to go on island runs, and im like, why? To unlock a very minor defensive bonus?

The system is bad design, and improving it a tiny bit like described in his response is not enough.

"Working almost as intended". LOL. Hey, had to go there. It's an okay response, not what everyone wanted to hear, but I kind of understand what he's saying - but this was addressed loudly and clearly in the beta, why didn't they listen?

I think most of their problems are Lead Developer Syndrome, or Prima Donna-ism. They're smelling their own farts and enjoying it. They need to be taken down a few pegs, and made to LISTEN more, and be more willing to accept that their ideas aren't always going to be successful, or the best ones - and be more willing to own up to them, earlier, not after an expansion is over.

20 minutes and only one response so far. Not looking good. He needs Lore in there to post what Ion really meant to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    "Working almost as intended". LOL. Hey, had to go there. It's an okay response, not what everyone wanted to hear, but I kind of understand what he's saying - but this was addressed loudly and clearly in the beta, why didn't they listen?

I think most of their problems are Lead Developer Syndrome, or Prima Donna-ism. They're smelling their own farts and enjoying it. They need to be taken down a few pegs, and made to LISTEN more, and be more willing to accept that their ideas aren't always going to be successful, or the best ones - and be more willing to own up to them, earlier, not after an expansion is over.
    I'm not a fan of the azerite system, but putting the best trait in the center would be causing WAY more of an uproar.

1 question answered and 20 mins after the start time. Not much is going to get answered from the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I'm not a fan of the azerite system, but putting the best trait in the center would be causing WAY more of an uproar.
    So, good RPG design, with something meaningful to work towards? I mean ya, if they took away the good traits with no compensation and moved them 10 levels deeper into the middle, there would be an uproar.

But that is how it should of been in the first place. There is nothing meaningful to work towards in the azerite system past the outside ring.

I really hope at least one comment regarding how abysmal class design has become is answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I don't disagree, I think the whole thing is an experiment that isn't working, but they're committed to it, until patch 9.0. Removing tier was a bad idea. They're screwed no matter what they do.

Reddit is an amazing source of shared ideas.

All Blizzard has to do is cherry-pick the good ideas/stuff and FUCKING ADD THEM TO THE GAME.

Almost a half hour in, and one question answered. If this is how slow Ion is in his workflow, no wonder nothing gets done.

He may end up answering less questions than his video Q&As at this rate. And he's getting paid to do this!

It's just comedy at this point.