Thread: Damage control?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Damage control?

so we had the ion reddit session and now a livestream. Is this damage control for a game bleeding subs? I enjoy the game so far. Why is blizzard acting desperate?

They did pretty consistent live streams answering questions in legion. I don't think it necessarily means anything. It's not desperation to address some of the glaring issues with the game, especially ones that weren't communicated clearly (warfronts, mythic+ cache quantity ect).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    so we had the ion reddit session and now a livestream. Is this damage control for a game bleeding subs? I enjoy the game so far. Why is blizzard acting desperate?
    I guess in your fantasy world they should never answer questions, oh wait if they did that you would complain they don't talk to us.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that's desperate around here are the posters seeking validation for their negative views.
    Last edited by Byleth; 2018-09-15 at 03:48 AM.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    The only thing that desperate around here are the posters seeking validation for their negative views.
    Yep.

Speak to us: damage control. Don't speak to us: They are hiding and not communicating!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they finally answered questions this time.

Turns out the game is this way by design. It wasn't launched too early. This is their perfect Battle for Azeroth.

C'mon, don't you remember, wow is cyclical.

Blizzard doesn't talk to players.
    Omg no communication! Blizz is ignoring us! They're locked up in their ivory tower with their big egos!

Blizzard talks to players.
    Omg they're desperate! It's a damage control PR move! The game must be on its death's door!

Seriously this playerbase sometimes... Either Blizzard talks, or doesn't talk, let's grab tinfoil hats and start doomsaying.

Anyway I don't care what they said on AMA. I care what they do. I wanna see patchnotes for 8.1 and class changes implemented on PTR. Words are cheap, it's actions that speak louder. I wanna see if they attempt to fix elemental, enhancement, feral, shadow, balance and marskmanship. And prot warrior. And resto shaman. Oh, and do the promised azerite trait evaluation pass. Some of the traits are laughably useless. Should never be the case.

And others have complained Ion hasn't been vocal enough. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I recall plenty of livestreams during Legion.

I think Blizzard is in full panic damage control mode. I would guess they are bleeding a lot of subs. I think they dont have a good plan to fix the problems people are having with the game and I think any solutions they do have require drastic changes. I would prepare yourself for massive changes to classes and items and I dont think we are going to get much better communication from Blizzard. But any communication is better then Blizzard continuing to ignore the players like they have been for the last 4-5 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    Yep.

Speak to us: damage control. Don't speak to us: They are hiding and not communicating!
    it's not the fact that they speak to us, it's what they are telling us in this session that fell like damage control. did you read the answers?

Deleted
    Sadly it really looks like damage conrol.
    Dont get me wrong, I appreciate they finally decided to start communicating but the way they did really screams panic mode. AMA gets announced 24h before. All the answers were like: we understand your concerns, just wait (and stay subbed) and it will improve (LOL) etc.
    Additionally he announced details for 8.1 in 3 days I think? If they also announce more reskin.. sorry, allied races in the next 2 weeks we know bfa is bleeding subs left, right, center.

Quote Originally Posted by Veloziraptor View Post
    Sadly it really looks like damage conrol.
    Dont get me wrong, I appreciate they finally decided to start communicating but the way they did really screams panic mode. AMA gets announced 24h before. All the answers were like: we understand your concerns, just wait (and stay subbed) and it will improve (LOL) etc.
    Additionally he announced details for 8.1 in 3 days I think? If they also announce more reskin.. sorry, allied races in the next 2 weeks we know bfa is bleeding subs left, right, center.
    What were you expecting? It's PR talk, always, coporate won't let them do anything else.

More allied races would just fall under "Expected additions" as well. It doesn't show anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    Title = yes. This is damage control. I don't remember a reddit AMA and a Q&A in quick succession to address core game design problems at the start of legion.
    They are only busy doing some PR mending, since the AMA showed that the lead dev is incapable of giving meaningful answers. If you keep saying the same stuff over and over, but don't act, it's not going to be believable.

That was some shitty damage control then.

The AMA can be summed up in one sentence:
    "Oh sorry for everything that bothers you, nothing is finished/complete yet because the plan is to have it all working months and months later into expac."

Great. Can I also pay once BFA is complete months later and not now?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Stop projecting mate. BfA is fine.

Deleted
    Its not damage control. Its simply PR talk answering "it requires more tuning" to most questions without actually addressing much. Ion does this often. He's a lawyer.

The only instance of damage control I can remember is when Dragon Soul was launched. It was a shit show. Blizzard released several interviews with different developers telling everyone that everything is fine and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Stop projecting mate. BfA is fine.
    By Ion's own admission its not, its just going to be fixed "later".
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits that will never be satisfied with any concession you make, the sooner you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you'll be for it."
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard interacts with customers they're desperate? The logic the online community uses....