15+ Year Old Account
    2019 looks to be a pretty good year for the Switch. My wife watched the direct with me and like every other game was one that wither of us were excited for. I’m really excited for Final Fantasy games coming to Nintendo again. Although, seeing the years of original release on those makes me feel really old. I can remember going to the store and getting my copies of just about all of those entries. Seriously though, I lost count of how many times my wife was like “we’re getting that” watching this last direct lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Oh no ... oh hell no ... not a Isabelle .... oh hell no --- now i will see the damn fan art everywhere
    I dunno what to tell you man, I am not even an AC fan in the slightest and even I knew this was coming (didn't even know her role til now-ish).

Cloud saves are not guaranteed to still be saved if your subscription runs out and to play nes games offline you have to check in once a week

Lmao oh yes better online indeed
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So playing Torna expansion right now. Pretty good so far. But you gota be very carefull you dont leave the 1.st area to soon as you will have to get back to lvl the blades.
    (kill scorpions and some fat hamster things)

Oh...and switch to japanese voice acting instanty...main character voice actor in english....UGH. Way worse than Nia.
    Crafting system is not bad either and by the 1.st look, you dont have to run to tables like the original xeno 2.
    But there are quite a few changes to combat and you gota read abauth it a little.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Cloud saves are not guaranteed to still be saved if your subscription runs out and to play nes games offline you have to check in once a week

Lmao oh yes better online indeed
    Just to add a link to this so people know your not kidding.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...play-nes-games

You'll need to connect your Nintendo Switch to the internet every seven days to keep playing your NES games.

The Virtual Console-style catalogue of retro classics comes as part of Nintendo Switch's upcoming online subscription. But you'll need to remember to connect at least every week in order to guarantee access - even if your subscription is a long way from expiring.

If you have an online subscription you're likely to be playing online regularly, although maybe you're heading on holiday? Or maybe you only play on the bus without internet and are subscribing just to play retro games?

Nintendo's method is different to how PlayStation Plus and Xbox Games with Gold titles work on PS4 and Xbox One. Both Sony and Microsoft let you play offline as long as you like if the games are downloaded to your "home" console.

And here's another wrinkle. Nintendo will not keep your cloud save data if your online subscription runs out.
    Again, this is different to PS4 and Xbox One, where PS4 cloud saves are kept for six months after a user's subscription lapses, and Xbox One cloud saves do not require a Gold subscription and are therefore kept indefinitely.

Nintendo gave us one final look at its online subscription offering in last night's Direct broadcast. There were no last-minute surprises. You pay and you get to keep playing online, 20 NES games, cloud saves for some games but not Splatoon 2 or Pokémon and the disappointing online app.
    Nintendo is fucking this up in every single way possible. Like Seriously I don't care if its $20 a year, Its a shit service and does not hold its value at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Nintendo is fucking this up in every single way possible. Like Seriously I don't care if its $20 a year, Its a shit service and does not hold its value at all.
    People will buy it regardless though and Nintendo will only learn that they can rip people off even more

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    People will buy it regardless though and Nintendo will only learn that they can rip people off even more
    What choice they have? This is extortion. If they want to play online, they must pay the ransom.

i hope luigis mansion 3 is more like 1 and not like dark moon. dark moon was okay for a 3ds game but the mission system was shit.

give us back the kid friendly version of resident evil pls
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Way worse than Nia.
    The fuck are you trying to say mang?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Played Trials Rising closed beta on PC (xbox controller), but interested to see how the Switch version will turn out since it's entirely different controls.

Even the Switch Pro Controller has no Analog Triggers so I'll wait for reviews first (mid-february 2019)

I suppose the left stick will just act like an analog trigger or something even on the default Switch.

Then again, I know a guy who's like one of the best players on PC keyboard so anything can be playable with time to learn.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-09-14 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    What choice they have? This is extortion. If they want to play online, they must pay the ransom.
    Then don't play online. Splatoon is currently the only online focused game where single player is non existent (ala overwatch) but you don't need online to enjoy smash in fact since Nintendo internet service has not changed since the wiiu professionals will still tell people playing online is complete crap.

Tdlr don't buy it

"You'll need to connect your Nintendo Switch to the internet every seven days to keep playing your NES games.

The Virtual Console-style catalogue of retro classics comes as part of Nintendo Switch's upcoming online subscription. But you'll need to remember to connect at least every week in order to guarantee access - even if your subscription is a long way from expiring.

If you have an online subscription you're likely to be playing online regularly, although maybe you're heading on holiday? Or maybe you only play on the bus without internet and are subscribing just to play retro games?"

that is legit horrible. I often go weeks without playing anything. What the hell is that kind of sorcery seriously

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    "You'll need to connect your Nintendo Switch to the internet every seven days to keep playing your NES games.

If you have an online subscription you're likely to be playing online regularly, although maybe you're heading on holiday? Or maybe you only play on the bus without internet and are subscribing just to play retro games?"

that is legit horrible. I often go weeks without playing anything. What the hell is that kind of sorcery seriously
    I mean how else where they supposed to implement DRM on it?!

Oh wait you're telling me Sony already found a solution for this a gen ago with PS+ games having an internal timer that expires on the date your sub does, so you don't need to go online until a new sub period starts?!

Must of been that Sony wizardry at work, no way Nintendo could pull this off!

- - - Updated - - -

It just really dawned on me Nintendo is charging for a worse online service then even the Wii U had for free.

Wii U had...

Native voice chat.

Native video chat even.

You could send text based messages to friends without a fucking phone app.

The Mii Verse which was a good community builder that the Switch has done jack shit to try and replicate.

And of course the online play in Splatoon and MK and what not did not improve at all jumping from Wii U to Switch.

Basically, pay me because no one owned a Wii U and will realize all of our "value" is literally worse and stuck in cloud saves(*in select games) and NES games you have already owned 30 times.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

It's honestly not a big deal, even if you don't play at home often you'd eventually need to charge it at home at which point it would connect to the internet and if you're on holiday it wouldn't take much effort to find an internet connection.

It's still a dumb way to do things but it can't even be considered an inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean how else where they supposed to implement DRM on it?!

Oh wait you're telling me Sony already found a solution for this a gen ago with PS+ games having an internal timer that expires on the date your sub does, so you don't need to go online until a new sub period starts?!

Must of been that Sony wizardry at work, no way Nintendo could pull this off!

- - - Updated - - -

It just really dawned on me Nintendo is charging for a worse online service then even the Wii U had for free.

Wii U had...

Native voice chat.

Native video chat even.

You could send text based messages to friends without a fucking phone app.

The Mii Verse which was a good community builder that the Switch has done jack shit to try and replicate.

And of course the online play in Splatoon and MK and what not did not improve at all jumping from Wii U to Switch.

Basically, pay me because no one owned a Wii U and will realize all of our "value" is literally worse and stuck in cloud saves(*in select games) and NES games you have already owned 30 times.
    You know what's fucken ironic.

The system Nintendo wants to do with there online pass when it comes to the NES Classic games is the same system MS wanted to do at the release of XB1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's honestly not a big deal, even if you don't play at home often you'd eventually need to charge it at home at which point it would connect to the internet and if you're on holiday it wouldn't take much effort to find an internet connection.

It's still a dumb way to do things but it can't even be considered an inconvenience.
    But it is a inconvenience and it shows how far behind the times they are.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo...ail/a_id/22521

We are unable to guarantee that cloud save data will be retained after an extended period of time from when your membership is ended. However, you can continue to use the save data that is saved to your system memory.
    Emphasis mine.

We don't know how long this is, and we likely won't know until someone tests it or asks a Nintendo executive.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://en-americas-support.nintendo...ail/a_id/22521

Emphasis mine.

We don't know how long this is, and we likely won't know until someone tests it or asks a Nintendo executive.
    And how does that matter any?

I can access a save upload I did on PS3 from when they first started it, I can access my Assassin's Creed Black Flag cloud save I did on PS4 nearly 5 years ago. Same apply's to steam as well.

Don't make excuses for Nintendo. The fact there is a time table on keeping your cloud saves is bullshit even more so when its only select titles you can do it for anyway.

The whole Nintendo Online system is haflassed period.

You know what's fucken ironic.

The system Nintendo wants to do with there online pass when it comes to the NES Classic games is the same system MS wanted to do at the release of XB1.
    Give me a rundown of what Microsoft wanted for online for the XB1 back before launch because all I remember is the always online and the used games bull that people were angry about and wasn't really paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Give me a rundown of what Microsoft wanted for online for the XB1 back before launch because all I remember is the always online and the used games bull that people were angry about and wasn't really paying attention.
    The part I was talking about was the needing to check in, That was going to be part of their Always Online setup. With MS it was like a week (or 72 hours). I guess its hard for Nintendo to do what everyone else has been doing.