View Poll Results: Were you satisfied with the last AMA answers?

Voters
447. This poll is closed
  • Yes

46 10.29%
  • More or less

99 22.15%
  • No

302 67.56%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Agreed, this is how I felt too.

Felt very much like generic, canned answers that dodged the questions and in the end could easily be summed up with, "That wasn't our intent; look for some more changes in the future."

Answering a question with, "Wait and see what happens in the future" isn't an answer, it's a delay, and was the "answer" to too many of their questions. Essentially, those questions could have gone unanswered and absolutely nothing would be different.

- Azerite Armor feels bad? "Wait until the Heart Level Azerite boost kicks in and wait until we do a pass on traits."
    - These exact issues were reported on in the beta? "We had to wait until live to get a bigger picture."
    - Shaman feel bad? "Wait and see what we've got coming, changes are on the way."
    - Island Expeditions feel weak and unrewarding? 'Wait, we've buffed the drop rates and have more to come in the future"
    - There's nothing to do rep wise after exalted? "Wait and we'll add paragon back"
    - Issues are recognized and pointed out by the community only to go unfixed for months until finally the devs recognize and apologize for the issues? "We understand and are trying to work on something to fix that but have no silver bullet fix to share today.
    Yeah, I prefer to WAIT while not paying a sub and not even having WoW on my hdd. I guess I'll WAIT until January when 8.1 comes out.

Deleted
    Absolutely not. Guild leader of BDG asked questions that matter to me, Ion replied to first part about beta feedback using lawyer-speak (everything good, 30k tickets, 90% fixed.... bullshit) and completely ignored second part because those are hard questions.

Well, the main thing we learned was that the devs actively chose to make a bunch of the stupid decisions, rather than being accidents/mistakes or forced by higher ups. So I guess in that sense I'm satisfied, but overall the answers were about as vague as they could be(with the exception of the island expedition rewards one)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Idyllsend View Post
    They talk so much to say so little.
    This basically.

Deleted
    Yes. He adressed my concerns.

Retuning of rewards, rep catch ups for alts (champions), retuning of traits.

All the issues i expected them to adress. They are even returning the paragon rep levels for those that just want to keep doing WQ's.

But, most of all he said that we will be talking about the new patch soon, and i'm excited about that. Cmon Kul'tirans!

Of course, from a hater perspective, where everything is terrible and are unable to leave, nothing will ever change, as the problem isn't in the game. It's that they need a different game.
    He certainly was a lot nicer than some posts deserved (like the laundry list one lol! All the contents are homogenised! Give me a new game! Hahaha!).
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-09-15 at 07:01 AM.

No, this is the same BS, as in previous failed xpacks: they promise to fix problems in future patches, but make band-aid changes only, and only promise problems to be completely fixed in next xpack, so we have to play broken game for months and years, but do the same mistakes again, again and again. You know, after having exactly the same problems in Cata, MOP and WOD, I've just lost my trust. I just think, that they make this "mistakes" intentionally, cuz when it happens ones - it's accident, when it happens twice - it's pattern and when it happens for the third time and more - it's law.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    No.

What especially cheesed me off was the answer regarding the reputation mounts. "We have to consider what makes sense for the ecology of each zone."

I hate it when developers do this. I hate it when game designers pretend that we don't know that they designed the game.

Like, hey buttlords: if Kul'Tiras' mounts are uninteresting because the zone's wildlife is uninteresting... THAT'S YOUR FAULT. You made the zone, you made it uninteresting. If the game doesn't support interesting Alliance mounts, that's because you made the game to not support interesting Alliance mounts.
    You deliberately, specifically created Kul'Tiras to have boring wildlife, so we got boring mounts. That's not some grand cosmic shit that's entirely out of Blizzard's hands.
    The difference between the factions' mount variety is still Blizzard's fault.

(Especially since the Alliance could've gotten, say... cool Wicker Hounds, or Saurolisk mounts. Why is the "ecology" preventing that?)

Gamers can spot bullshit a mile away. Comes from having experienced decades of the stuff flung at us by the mass media. And most of the responses Ion gave were just that.
    Yeah and I love how he mentions the bee like its going to be some big fist bump moment for the Alliance. Its going to end up exactly like the other "fist bump" moment they got.........

Deleted
    Well I dont believe this is the "WORST EXPANSION EVER" in the first place, so I was more or less happy with it.

I am getting especially annoyed how the negativity around the game has been going from "why is this part of the game broken" towards more "why am I not getting more free stuff and why arent my alts getting instant progression in all areas", which is something that never existed in WOW. Its like the game having problems is a free pass to act like an entitled dickwad. The front page of reddit wow is especially full of this junk lately.

Class balance is my biggest concern right now, and its frustrating how they think slapping 5% on the real problem specs is going to achieve any sort of change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion is a real master of saying a lot without saying anything at all I'll give him that much.

he was good at demonstrating how very little of their plan seems to be changing. hope 8.1 is good.

I knew my question would be buried and that question was to raise the character limit on accounts and i got zip

alot of the questions on the AMA was the usual bullshit of why isnt X class as powerful in pvp and why cant you remove y from this class.

The usual noise that i expect to be completely ignored.

I've never seen someone use so many words to say nothing at all.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Deleted
    My solution: Only start playing six months or more into the expansion and you will probably have a less annoying experience and product will be more complete. I mean, at least i hope so. Not even sure about something like that when it comes to Blizzard. Most of these answers a big walls of texts who say nothing precise. Of course, there is nothing else to expect from a corporation. They won't make any promise or give very precise answers, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    I've never seen someone use so many words to say nothing at all.
    i take it you don't watch mainstream political debates.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm dissapointed that they didn't change mind on Azerite gear from M+. But I'm happy that next PTR will come soon, I was worried that they'll wait for Blizzcon to annouce any major info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the thing.

They'll answer questions, 'take into advisement' what the complaints are, and at the end of the day...

We still have a one-sided warfront.

Actions speak a hellofa lot louder than words, and I'm pretty sure there'd be at least 40% less bitching if they just stopped focusing on alternative profit models.

If they put half as much work timegating content as they did creating multiple sub-races that you could either get through rep, or buy off the store, they wouldn't need to do a time-gate model and just focus on creating fun content.

Not grindy content, not frustrating content, fun content.

Mythic+ boxes are 'fun' ...if you get something you WANT.

But the fact that it's a once a week reward, with the possibility of getting rekt because of 340 Azerite item, isn't FUN.

Raiding is FUN, because it's a group effort, and chances are you'll get an item or two for that weeks run.

But the Mythic+ Box needs something to balance out that 'wasted week' gear feelbad, especially now that weapons are much more difficult than Legion's Relic system.

They don't even need to do 3 items, hell.. not even 'pick a boss' items, I'd be happy if it was 'pick a slot' and get a reward based on that.

Sure it sounds super OP, everyone picking weapons and such...

But it's once a week, and maybe getting 1 or 2 upgrades from a raid, and 1 upgrade from a mythic+, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Event like this are quite simply a way of communicating current thoughts about the game to it's customers, nothing more, nothing less. If you expect these type of things to bring about some serious revelations then you're always in for disappointment.

In terms of content it confirmed to me that they're taking the approach of buffing weaker Azerite traits to not feel as punishing as well as nerfing the traits that are leaps and bounds ahead (the latter was already noticeable from the various hotfixes throughout the expansion). Also good to have it in writing that BLP was being applied to Azerite pieces for M+ caches (assuming you only farm M+).

No. Ions deffensive stance is BS. He shouldn't deffend for something that's comepletly new and EXTRA.

Blame all these whiners next time. Much more entertaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    More or less. One of my major gripes was island expeditions, and the absolute rarity of the items that were supposed to drop there. Since the AMA and subsequent hotfix, I got two pets and a quest item.

So in that regard, it seems like they listened. I felt that a lot of other answers were mostly fluff, like the one about mounts in BfA.
    Aren't the Island Expeditions only a bare bones version of the ones from Alpha and Beta? I saw videos in Beta and Alpha and there was more going on. At the end, you could do a boss, where you have to go through a portal. I could never do that on the live versions of Island Expeditions.

Same goes for Warfront. I only see Eitrigg and Danath Trollbane as Bosses, never Rokhan, Liadrin, Turalyon or Muradin. And the Troll and Ogre NPC's who should attack certain points like the Mines or supply lines are totally missing in my Warfronts too.

I hope all of this will at least be implemented in the next, probably bigger, patch.

No.

It was all basically: we kinda hear you but we dont plan on changing anything except few number tweaking. Also we will deliberately avoid answering some questions.