Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    As a main unholy player I have to say that the main issue with this spec is gear scaling.

When I was 340 I was destroying the meters, now me and the rest of my raid group are 350+ and I'm down to 4th/5th in a list of 10 dps's.

Apart from this, it has two issues: lack of burst (even with gargoyle) and all the ramp up you need to start doing some serious damage. This latter issue also makes up for a terrible cleave, change target, you have to ramp up everything again.

The only good thing right now is AoE, it's a monster!

I'm only waiting to get a second decent 1h to go back to frost, love unholy but it's too frustrating right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Oh lord, I really don't want to play Frost.

Is UH as bad as this thread is making it out to be?
    It's not that bad, frost is simply better, but if you detest frost and do not push for top 100, UH sits in the middle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Oh lord, I really don't want to play Frost.

Is UH as bad as this thread is making it out to be?
    All I can say is my own experience - 364 ilvl 5/8hc 1/8m, got orange parses with Frost-BoS and Unholy.
    Both specs are bad, you can tripple 30-second-BoS any boss and you still end up in the blue logs. Unholy seems nice at padding in cleave fights, but many other specs cleave/aoe just better and double/tripple DPS in burn/execute phases.

There is no magic spec to win, you either outgear everyone by +10 ilvl and barelly keeping up your position in the top-10 or you are basicly dead meat.

When I see my logs its most of the time in the 40-50 total parses worldwide, compared to 4000-5000 mage/rogue/whatever else but ele-shamy.

I hope you have a place in a raid-pool, because PUGs won't invite you in the next months to anything, just like shamans. Good Luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    My 354 UH sims for way less than other characters with much worse gear. In PvP they also suck ass. They really need to rework this spec. In most fights my top damage sources (combined they're about 55% of my total damage) look like this:
    1. Virulent Plague (DoT)
    2. Virulent Eruption
    3. Melee (Army)
    4. Melee
    5. Melee (Pet)
    Sure as hell love all that passive damage.
    That's Blizzard's class fantasy of the "slow moving juggernaut"witch is supposed to hit hard in melee.

Unholy is weak cause you should be Blood and tank.

how I miss the good ole days of WotLK when Death Coil could 1 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's not that bad, frost is simply better, but if you detest frost and do not push for top 100, UH sits in the middle
    and frost is just barely above it in the middle of the bench-tier of dps, which is barely better then the trash-tier that elem and spreist occupy.
    the reason why it's barely better is it's still too weak to bother bringing compaired to the other classes who do the same things but better.

Quote Originally Posted by kosarai View Post
    "Unholy is weak atm"
    *a few threads down"
    "Unholy is strong"

Which is it? Was thinking of switching over from frost but not sure now...
    People that claim that Unholy is strong are clearly not playing the specc or comparing themselves against people in green/blue gear. Right now Frost is ahead in every fight and by ahead i mean ~1-2k dps. Its really sad to see how Unholy is shaping to be the same as it was in Legion... months of complains until Blizzard noticed. PVP is the same.. our damage is nothing compared to rogues and stuff and at the same time we are made of paper.

Such a disappointing expansion so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    how I miss the good ole days of WotLK when Death Coil could 1 shot.
    I miss when you could machine gun death coils in pvp in unholy presence
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Simmed my death knight 354 ilvl 12k and its being unholy. Simmed my warrior who is 342 sims around 11,200 hmmm.
    That is pure single target tho. Warrior's damage scales crazily with all the AOE and cleave going on inside Uldir.

unholy will be strong again in future patches

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    and frost is just barely above it in the middle of the bench-tier of dps, which is barely better then the trash-tier that elem and spreist occupy.
    the reason why it's barely better is it's still too weak to bother bringing compaired to the other classes who do the same things but better.
    Warcraftlogs stats show frost firmly in the top tier on mythic Uldir.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#

Looking at how we move up the rankings when going from normal to heroic and heroic to mythic, I'd guess we're scaling pretty well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    I miss when you could machine gun death coils in pvp in unholy presence
    I miss frost dw tanking more.

"Wtf you mean I'm the tank?"

Continues to play as dps...