Quote Originally Posted by Stock Trader View Post
    I used to raid 3 days/week at nearly 4 hours per night back in TBC and Wrath which I thought was a lot. That put us in a top 150 guild at the time. Today, that probably wouldn't even get us into the top 500. The amount of time players raid these days is extreme. I just can't even imagine what it's like to raid for 8-10-12 hours at a clip.

...and it's not just the raiding. It's the amount of time having to gear several characters just to raid in these top guilds.
    Sorry to disappoint you buddy, but my guild raids 2 times a week, 4 hours each and we reached top 200 as our first tier in Antorus, we are in world 100 who killed zek'voz due to killing him this Thursday, and we will start progressing Vectis tomorrow, which doesn't look like a hard fight really. It's very easy to be in top 100, you just have to be good. Now, for top 10-20? You need to be good, and also invest a lot more time than most ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashanerz View Post
    Where are you getting these numbers from? I left out 10m and 20m raids, as well as the 'PvP' raid bosses and still got something like 37 raids.
    raids, not raid tiers

for example, Highmaul and BRF were a part of one raiding tier

but if we were to count all raid instances then it will change to

NA - 3
    EU - 29

only counting raids with more than 1 boss

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Isnt Method being sponsored by Redbull right now? like they made everyone go raid on the same play? Hope they are getting pay some good money now, WF tournament could be a real thing in the next upcoming tiers.
    it will never become a "REAL THING".. because competition is dogshit
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2018-09-15 at 05:25 PM.

Seriously, how can any NA guild claim a world first when they all receive a huge starting advantage over the rest of the world. How is it fair to the rest of the world. Someone please explain this to me.

Secondly, how is it fair to the rest of the EU guilds that Method can raid longer than any other guild yet still claims to be the best guild in WoW. How is it fair to the rest of the EU guilds. Someone please explain this to me.

Please tell me where is the legitimacy in this race? There isn't any. Why can't you people with your see this. Until a change is made, world firsts should be removed and only region firsts should be permitted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    Yeah, Usain Bolt is considered the best 100m sprinter is a joke. He dedicated his life for running 100m in <10 seconds. And then there is some random athlete who doesn't put that much effort into running so he runs it >10 seconds.

It's impossible to determine if the random guy sould receive a legitimate world record if he just puts more effort to training.
    Would it be a joke if the random sprinter received a 1 second head start and beat Usain Bolt yet still claimed to be the best in the world.

Seriously, how can any NA guild claim a world first when they all receive a huge starting advantage over the rest of the world. How is it fair to the rest of the world. Someone please explain this to me.

Secondly, how is it fair to the rest of the EU guilds that Method can raid longer than any other guild yet still claims to be the best guild in WoW. How is it fair to the rest of the EU guilds. Someone please explain this to me.

Please tell me where is the legitimacy in this race? There isn't any. Why can't you people with your see this. Until a change is made, world firsts should be removed and only region firsts should be permitted.

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be a joke if the random sprinter received a 1 second head start and beat Usain Bolt yet still claimed to be the best in the world.

well its not Method's problem that others cant raid as much.. back in the days there were more hardcore guilds than we have now, so yeah..

15+ Year Old Account
    If Im not misstaken the world first is relative to when the servers open up. So that NA opens earlier matter nothing.
    NA also works as a bug/hotfix period that make at least EU be a smoother game experience
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Seriously, how can any NA guild claim a world first
    They can’t.
    12/12

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    If Im not misstaken the world first is relative to when the servers open up. So that NA opens earlier matter nothing.
    NA also works as a bug/hotfix period that make at least EU be a smoother game experience

thats not true

but in reality a real WF is only last boss of the raid/tier

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    thats not true

but in reality a real WF is only last boss of the raid/tier
    Oh, my bad than. I had a faint memory of the (forgot which) site tracking the race back in think it was WoD took it into account for fairness.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Limit is raiding now but they still don't have Max. Substituting with Genguu, 370 DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Abitou View Post
    We don’t talk about HoF
    Oh, was it as bad to the mythic crowd as it was to us uncoordinated heroic folk? We brought it up last night as the one raid in Pandaria which was crap.

Because we (as in wowprogress and most of the community) are tracking who kills a boss first, not who kills it the fastest. Feel free to start your own site to track fastest kills instead if you want to

And counting the number of NA vs EU world firsts on endbosses the 16h headstart doesnt seem to mess things up that much, its still BS though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    Does anyone know why WoW progress has Method as #1 in the rankings, even though none of their kills were 1st? Genuinely curious as to what it's using to rank guilds after noticing that on the front page.
    They killed Zul first that's why.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Can one of the people complaining about the use of the word "World First" to describe the first kill of any given boss in a raid please explain to Method that their list is useless garbage since it tracks more than the last boss of a raid tier?

They seem to be confused.

Chance G’huun lasts the week? And if he does, what was the last opening raid to last over a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Mashanerz View Post
    Can one of the people complaining about the use of the word "World First" to describe the first kill of any given boss in a raid please explain to Method that their list is useless garbage since it tracks more than the last boss of a raid tier?

They seem to be confused.
    You seem to be too jealous. Just relax and enjoy the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Chance G’huun lasts the week? And if he does, what was the last opening raid to last over a week?
    If he's harder than Mythrax which seems highly likely, G'huun definitely survives this reset, but I doubt he survives to the third week unless it's an incredibly hard boss.

As for your second question, that depends what you mean by entry raid. You'd have to go back to Cataclysm where no final boss of any of the introductory raids were downed within the first week of the raid's release... but that was also a different time and all 3 raids were released at once which skews the data. If memory serves, MSV was obliterated in two days and neither of the other two T14 raids lasted a week, Highmaul was cleared in four days, and EN is of course memetic for lasting 18 hours. So Uldir is the first sole intro raid available at release to not be cleared within week one, provided G'huun doesn't fall this week obviously.

From Method's Stream Mythrax seems brutal and unforgiving even with 5 healers. The pulsing AoE damage that Xalazix does seems to be nearly oneshotting people at just 3 casts.

I’m very curious how long they intend Uldir to last. EN may have been a joke but it also didn’t last long.

Ghuun seems more like an execution fight than a DPS one, i can see them getting it down before reset if they get Mythrax soon. Would be fun to watch Ghuun mythic so early.

Deleted
    Does any1 know if stacking discs (2-3) would be advantageous in this fight? Seeing Joshpriest just pulling ahead 10k+ hps every pull compared to the other healers just seems insane. If so, Exorsus might have an edge, considering triple disc was their usual lineup for this raid until now.