Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'm running from something, there's unavoidable water in front of me, I go into aquatic form, come out the other side, and lose 60% of my speed cause the form activated in combat. Gotten me killed plenty of times in both pvp and pve.
    I have never had that issue because I use wild charge which is a double jump in travel form (which also lets you jump from high places and survive, or get over rivers and water obstacles) or a 150% dash for 4 sec in aquatic. Also in caster form it lets you hop to an ally player or friendly npc. Honestly it should just be a baseline ability because of how useful it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    I'll try to answer this.

Most people here are missing the point. Thing is, Kua'fon is not just an extra mount, he's one of the very few named mounts that have a backstory and are closely connected to your character. You're tending to Kua'fon for a month straight, so you inevitably bond with him. Thus, it's kind of disheartening to see him not being able to use his massive wings (fly or soar, Blizzard could have given him permanent slow fall).

A massive winged beast, which you raise from the egg, being bound to the ground just doen't feel right.

That's my take on it, at least.
    He's a How to Train Your Dragon reference and thus cannot fly yet just like Toothless. He will likely get to learn how to fly when Pathfinder 2 is out. It's not that big of a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    >couldn't fly on beta
    >questline is all about him not being able to fly
    >description text says he can't fly

wtf he cant fly???
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by BHD View Post
    >couldn't fly on beta
    >questline is all about him not being able to fly
    >description text says he can't fly

wtf he cant fly???
    I know you are trolling, but to point out the obvious:

> Not everyone was in beta (and seriously? Not everything remains the same from beta to live)
    > The quest is about teaching him to fly (the last quest I did when I unlocked him even had 'flap' and 'soar' commands and I flew him back up the mountain.
    > Kua'fon does not appear in your journal, and I got the egg the day BfA went live so I am one of the first, if not the first, to unlock him. So, we could not even read the flavor text until he was unlocked.

I even had someone foolishly say "You should have checked WoWhead!" Well, everytime there is a mount you are trying to get with wings, do you rush to WoWhead to see if he can fly? Have you ever had a winged mount that couldn't? (There's wingless mounts that can!) Anyway, you guys should really stop behaving like this. Those of us that got him were surprised and disappointed that all our training him to fly AND even flying him at the end turned out to be a waste of time. It is valid.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    LOL fucking hilarious!! #BugsFuckedAzeroth
    Its not a bug, its literally the point of the mount...
    read the text.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yes, enjoy it while it last.. so hurry lol.
    no, hes planned to be that big, there is much bigger mounts then him.
    brutosaur for example, or mammoth/yak

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try to answer this.

Most people here are missing the point. Thing is, Kua'fon is not just an extra mount, he's one of the very few named mounts that have a backstory and are closely connected to your character. You're tending to Kua'fon for a month straight, so you inevitably bond with him. Thus, it's kind of disheartening to see him not being able to use his massive wings (fly or soar, Blizzard could have given him permanent slow fall).

A massive winged beast, which you raise from the egg, being bound to the ground just doen't feel right.

It is still an extra mount he horde can get the alliance cant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Fun detected: Nerf incoming.
    Yeha no, there is bigger mounts then him, so i dont see them nerfing it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like him tbh. Hes a little silly cus of hes backstory, but he doesnt wear them facearmor and hes color is unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Look on the bright side, at least you got a cool looking ground mount and not another horse reskin like EVERY FUCKING ALLIANCE MOUNT.
    If it makes you feel better, and understand I have never played an Alliance character and never will, but as a person that is a fiction writer for a living, in beta I told them, many times, that instead of doing horse and gryphon mounts for the Kul'Tirans, they should do Kelpies and 'Hawkatrices'.

Kelpies are from Scottish folklore and they are aquatic looking horses. They could have had manes of different colored seaweed and skin tons ranging from the Kul'Tiran green (which I would have said was chosen long ago as the faction color due to the hue of the horses from the deep) to blues and grays, but with purple and green manes and fins, and it would have given the alliance as many color combinations as Ravasaur mounts could have for Zandalari. Unfortunately, you got horses and the only Ravasaur mount one can get is if they got the CE and look like everyone else.

Hawkatrices? Well, that is my made up creature loosley based on Cockatrices which in folklore were part chicken and snake. They could have used the Dragonhawk type model, and they could have been like gyphons in a way with the front half being that of sea hawks and the hind quaters being more like a naga, where they would fly around the islands and dive into the water for their fish, able to swim easily, before returning to the surface to fly back to their roosts. Again, easily multiple feather and scale colorings would have given your faction a large color pallete like our pterrodaxi.

Anyway, I am just a guy- they have people hired for this and I was disappointed my ideas were not even considered. So, I apologize that you Alliance have it like this, because it means I ALSO DO. Because you have no variety, it means that the only flying pterrodax color is blue (like the Skyscreamer I have rode since MoP). We have probbaly 10 shades of Pterrodax and as many color variations of Ravasaurs, but since Ally only have a couple, we only get a couple. Blah.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try to answer this.

For the record, he is not massive. He LOOKS massive, but our characters actually shrink when we ride him. I had another Darkspear get on their mammoth and stand next to me so we would be right nex to each other because it looked like I was smaller. Sure enough I become smaller than a high elf on Kua'fon's back, which gives an odd illusion that he is large. Figured I should let you know.
    Last edited by The Anax; 2018-09-15 at 06:58 PM.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

It's kind of in the description, lad.

Still, I am a bit sad about it, too, because the pteros that fly all have that dumb helm/mask, and Kua'fon is the only one with actual armor but a bare head, which looks way better, but he can't fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's kind of in the description, lad.

Still, I am a bit sad about it, too, because the pteros that fly all have that dumb helm/mask, and Kua'fon is the only one with actual armor but a bare head, which looks way better, but he can't fly.
    Seriously guys, we could not read the description UNTIL we unlocked him. he does not appear in your mount journal until you spent the 30 days raising him.

So....the mount description straight up says it can't fly, and people are upset it can't fly? People...they do things and I don't understand why

Quote Originally Posted by NotInTheFace0 View Post
    So....the mount description straight up says it can't fly, and people are upset it can't fly? People...they do things and I don't understand why
    The mount description is not shown until one does the 30 days of quests and unlocks him.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the least important bit of outrage to come from BFA.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    This is the least important bit of outrage to come from BFA.
    I would not say we are outraged, it's more of a disappointment. But, mayhap you see things in extremes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Seriously guys, we could not read the description UNTIL we unlocked him. he does not appear in your mount journal until you spent the 30 days raising him.
    Ah, okay. I didn't know that. Thought it was in your mount journal by default.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    I would not say we are outraged, it's more of a disappointment. But, mayhap you see things in extremes.
    I see shock, anger and indignation, which are indicative of outrage. You might not be outraged, but that's you.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    I see shock, anger and indignation, which are indicative of outrage. You might not be outraged, but that's you.
    Oh ok, yeah, it's a lot of outrage then. I missed it somehow. Ok, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    You get a flying pterrodax with exalted with Zandalari.

What is this though "Once a little hatchling, raised into a mighty Pterrodax by a loving handler" He could not keep track of him 95% of the time. How is he a handler if it almost constantly goes missing?.
    Its not the zandalari who's the handler. it's you the character who raises the mount. if you mass slaughter Pterrodax you will get an egg, It prompts you to take it to Pa'Kun to raise. When you deliever it she says it's not one of her brood, and more or less plops responsibility on you. After the initial quest that starts the process of raising the thing, THAT'S when the priest shows up to ensure you don't mess this up. since Pa'kun won't really like it. So when it says raised into a mighty Pterrodax by a loving handler, that's a special nod with in a nod that YOU did that.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    He's a How to Train Your Dragon reference and thus cannot fly yet just like Toothless. He will likely get to learn how to fly when Pathfinder 2 is out. It's not that big of a deal.
    I doubt he will. There's been a blue post abount him recently and there's no indication that Blizzard are going to change him.

I doubt he will. There's been a blue post abount him recently and there's no indication that Blizzard are going to change him.
    The only reason why I think they may continue the quest chain is that with him being a reference to Toothless he may learn to fly in the same way in a new questline.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    As alliance... I still wish I could do the dailies.

I hate these "one side only" mounts.. all of them.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.