Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Don't be mad because your outrage isn't shared by others.

This isn't an "awful decision by Blizzard". You simply just did not pay attention to the quests, and expected something against the entire story chain.

As has been said many, many, MANY times - even by the blues - Kua'fon is a special case. If you really want a flying pterrodax, just get Exalted with Zandalari.
    You spend the entire quest line making him more comfortable in the air, and you're even reminded over and over by the quest npc that "Some take longer to take to wing than others". There is never an indication that he doesn't learn to fly through the quests themselves; only that he is taking longer than what might be normal

7+ Year Old Account
    who bloody cares?

you got an extra mount that the alliance doesn't have an equivalent of, AND it has some backstory.
    booohoo, it can't fly, at least its not another horse with reused saddle.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    who bloody cares?

you got an extra mount that the alliance doesn't have an equivalent of, AND it has some backstory.
    The alliance is getting one next patch, as they've confirmed - and its a unique mount as well. If you have a problem that you get it later than Horde, I agree with you; but make your own thread about it, don't just shit on others because you're unhappy too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It was pretty disappointing. Made everything we did to teach the little shit to fly pointless. But he's a +1 to my mount collection I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    who bloody cares?

Alliance can mount Kua'fon too. You just need a Horde alt to do the questline on.

I got him today. He's like my special friend that I saved so many times, fed him and too bad he didn't made it into Pa'ku's special pterror skyteam but I still love him. SKREEEE!

It makes sense with the storytelling so I actually like it.

If you want practically the same mount but flying, get Zandalari Empire exalted instead.

there will be a continuation of his story. it's based on a movie i think about a dragon that never learns to fly. but eventually maybe he will

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    The alliance is getting one next patch, as they've confirmed - and its a unique mount as well. If you have a problem that you get it later than Horde, I agree with you; but make your own thread about it, don't just shit on others because you're unhappy too.
    Provide a link to this confirmation?

10+ Year Old Account
    As an Alliance player: I'll gladly take that little thing of your hands and give it the love it deserves

So I've been working on this for nearly a month now, and today we find out that after all this time Kua'fon isn't even a flying mount.

It's an absolutely awful ground mount model and the only thing that offset it was the implication that it would be a flying mount: since you know, the entire theme of the quest line is teaching him to fly.

Now there is going to be zero desire to even use him after I finish it because the only time it would be appealing is when flying.

Thanks a lot for that pointless limitation.
    This is actually right implementation of how flying should be enabled in Wow. You should do some dailies, related to some continent specific mount, that can fly there, despite of some RP limitations, like weather or something like that, and at some point earn it and be able to fly on it. This should involve some flying-related content - i.e. it would be content for players, who love flying and want to have some flying-specific content in this game. All other flying mounts would be able to fly, when completing Pathfinder. But what Blizzard have done - is even worse, that just give flying mount, that can't fly without Pathfinder. They tried to justify using it as ground mount via...removing it's ability to fly at all. Terrible decision, just terrible. It just show, how out of touch Blizzard are in flying vs no-flying problem.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-09-18 at 08:58 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Somehow, I felt that this quest chain isn't over yet. Once we have access to Pathfinder Part2, we will be able to continue Kua'fon's training and he will eventually be able to soar in the sky.

Now, if there's any update regarding the little direhorn I rescued, nursed back to health and trained, it would be nice...

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Have you not learned anything by playing this game for so long? Every flying mount has the clear text on it "This is a flying mount." OR "This mount will change depending on skill and location."

NEITHER of these are stated on the mount, so you should assume it's a Ground mount then.

Guess it's not so bad that we get a questline like this so we can figure out who are the loving parents and those who are disappointed meanies.

Personally glad to finally have my Kua'fon around with me at all times. A month well spent!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I can just see it now...

*clicks to interact with chair*

"DISCLAIMER: Do you agree to sit on this chair with the knowledge that it will not be a flying mount?"
    Why did you have to write this comment? I really want a flying chair mount now...

Oh noooooo the special Horde-only mount quest you got didn't give you exactly what you want.

Meanwhile I'm over here on my Alliance characters not doing a quest because we didn't get one. Because reasons. I'd gladly give Kua'fon a nice home away from Horde ingrates.

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    Oh noooooo the special Horde-only mount quest you got didn't give you exactly what you want.

Meanwhile I'm over here on my Alliance characters not doing a quest because we didn't get one. Because reasons. I'd gladly give Kua'fon a nice home away from Horde ingrates.
    Alliance gets a flying bee mount in the future that will follow a quest line like Kua'fon.

Not everything is fair at the same time because Blizzard still tries to get things to fit into the story line. If you have a problem with that that's fine, but stop acting like Alliance aren't getting their own unique mount.

Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    Have you not learned anything by playing this game for so long? Every flying mount has the clear text on it "This is a flying mount." OR "This mount will change depending on skill and location."

NEITHER of these are stated on the mount, so you should assume it's a Ground mount then.

Expecting people to look stuff up via data mining or even in game to spoil themselves isn't the correct answer. The quest line should lead the way, and in this case it was very clearly focused on teaching him to fly.

Alliance gets a flying bee mount in the future that will follow a quest line like Kua'fon.

Not everything is fair at the same time because Blizzard still tries to get things to fit into the story line. If you have a problem with that that's fine, but stop acting like Alliance aren't getting their own unique mount.

Expecting people to look stuff up via data mining or even in game to spoil themselves isn't the correct answer. The quest line should lead the way, and in this case it was very clearly focused on teaching him to fly.
    And he fails to learn, just like how you fail to understand that he fails.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    And he fails to learn, just like how you fail to understand that he fails.
    This isn't a physical or physiological real life situation. Its a video game where Blizzard had complete control over whether they flag him as a flying mount or not, and they spent the entire quest line teaching him to fly only to make him a ground mount only. It makes zero developmental sense and only accomplishes disappointing players who are lead on to believe its a flying mount.

Fun fact: Alliance don't even have an equivalent, so take your shitty mount, know that it adds +1 mounts to your total, and LIKE IT.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

So I've been working on this for nearly a month now, and today we find out that after all this time Kua'fon isn't even a flying mount.

It's an absolutely awful ground mount model and the only thing that offset it was the implication that it would be a flying mount: since you know, the entire theme of the quest line is teaching him to fly.

Now there is going to be zero desire to even use him after I finish it because the only time it would be appealing is when flying.

Thanks a lot for that pointless limitation.
    Sorry.

Sometimes life can be cruel.