Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Azerite System is Really Fun (for some classes)

I agree the Azerite System needs a lot of work for some classes.
    For example Shadow Priest azerite traits are complete garbage.
    If you open Bloodmalet you can see for yourself, the best azerite traits for Spriest are "general" ones. Thats how bad it is.
    So the system needs work.

But for some classes i find extremely funny that 340 ilvl pieces are better than some 370 ilvl armor pieces.

Dont you think this gives "depths" to the game?

In the most recent video of Bellular Gaming he said this shouldnt be the case.
    Item level 370 pieces should ALWAYS be better than 340 pieces (in his opinion)

But whats your opinion?
    Dont you think the fact that some low item level pieces being better than higher item level ones makes for great fun itemization?
    It even reminds me of Vanilla itemization.

Im even having fun farming Mythic 0 dungeons to farm specific azerite traits
    I already collected on my Demon Hunter 3 Revolving Blades (best for single target), 3 Eyes of Rage (meme build) and 2 Unbound Chaos (best for AoE Cleave)-

Am i the only one having fun with this system?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-09-15 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

Simple people like simple things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Simple people like simple things.
    Quote of the month.

Here's my opinion on azerite gear. In a way it's a far better system than rng legendaries, but because the generics (dagger in back, laser matrix) are mathematically better they end up being super boring. IMO, the generic traits in the outer ring should be removed entirety. That and no trait should be worth more than 10-15 iLV's. Having a 365 that Sims lower than a 340 I have is just stupid IMO.

Simply put, the spec specific traits look cool but unfortunately underperform. I hated the specs in legion that preferred the haste ring (forgot the name), same goes for generic traits in BFA.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Here's my opinion on azerite gear. In a way it's a far better system than rng legendaries, but because the generics (dagger in back, laser matrix) are mathematically better they end up being super boring. IMO, the generic traits in the outer ring should be removed entirety. That and no trait should be worth more than 10-15 iLV's. Having a 365 that Sims lower than a 340 I have is just stupid IMO.

Simply put, the spec specific traits look cool but unfortunately underperform. I hated the specs in legion that preferred the haste ring (forgot the name), same goes for generic traits in BFA.
    Your gripe with legendaries is that you didn't get the one you wanted fast enough. They were game-changing pieces that, for many specs, drastically altered the way you play. What we have now is dumbed down shit for dumb shitters, 'when you do damage you get 10 main stat' or 'when you do damage you have a chance to do damage' isn't engaging or entertaining.

'I didn't get the one I wanted fast enough so Azerite traits are better' is just a dumb argument to make.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    as usual ultra casuals like u seem to be Jaylo.. erm shadowpunkz yes u are probably the only one who enjoys this clusterfuck of a system.. whats fun about Revolving Blades? BD does more damage wow so much fun ... eyes of rage? basically old artefact again wow! the only thing that changes somewhat your gameplay is unbound chaos but is it fun to position yourself for rush which still to this day bugs out ..but hey i got baited again by a shadowpunkz thread this must be thread number 6-7 for today u are getting lazy if u wanan copy jaylock with useless threads double your efforts

The trait design is what makes the system flawed. On its own the idea of Azerite isn't bad, and its acquisition method is infinitely better than legendaries, but when most traits are either completely passive or barely require you to play around them (such as Test of Might for Arms, far and away the best ST trait) it's hard to feel very engaged.

Some of them can be fun to play around. For Arms again, Lord of War buffs Colossus Smash and Warbeaker's damage by ton, turning your DPS cooldown into a complete nuke that can do 300k damage to a M+ trash pack if you stack it. That's pretty cool, but there are way too few traits that do things like that. Fury's and Prot's traits by comparison are boring as hell, with the most interesting ones being cooldown reductions. And even Arms has its more interesting ST trait, Executioner's Precision, so undetuned it is never worth using.

Ion said that they will do a better tuning job and make the more interesting traits better. Even if that comes to pass, my question is why are the generic and/or boring traits even there to begin with? There's little interest in gameplay effects that are completely passive, Blizzard must know that. Things like Thunderous Blast could exist as a new ability regardless of your spec instead of an uncontrollable proc chance. Spec specific traits could be cooler still.

Your gripe with legendaries is that you didn't get the one you wanted fast enough. They were game-changing pieces that, for many specs, drastically altered the way you play. What we have now is dumbed down shit for dumb shitters, 'when you do damage you get 10 main stat' or 'when you do damage you have a chance to do damage' isn't engaging or entertaining.

'I didn't get the one I wanted fast enough so Azerite traits are better' is just a dumb argument to make.
    Something that is reliant to play a spec optimally shouldn't be gated by crap RNG. Leave that for ARPGs. The generic azerites are boring, almost everyone agrees. The spec cpefific ones are game play changing, at least for the spec I play.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Azerite gear it's the replacement of tier sets. Tier sets were 1 per spec, so...
    Remove generic traits, buff spec specific ones. Make middle ring a choose from secondary stats (haste, mastery, etc), and inner ring an ilvl boost of at least 15 ilvl.
    I will be happy with that.

The spec cpefific ones are game play changing, at least for the spec I play.
    HAHAHAHA! Ooohhhhkaaaay.

Quote Originally Posted by jahrastafari View Post
    simple people like simple things.
    xddddddddddddddddd

EDIT: I've pretty much laughed more about this than I'd like to admit, well done
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-09-15 at 11:34 PM.

The traits look like merit badges. Let me peel the one I like off of my low ilevel gear and stick it on top of another trait on my high ilevel gear making that one have 3 traits at high power and one at low power. I'd be fine with not being able to peel it back off to get the trait I placed it over back.
    Then I'd be able to use my high ilevel gear right away and still use it at its full power down the line once I have the AP to power the high AP cost trait by visiting the reforger.

That would also help with duplicates of spec specific powers where half or more of the strength of the trait is in a static increase in size, targets, duration, cooldown etc. The sort of traits that make gear dead weight until you can replace the other one with the same trait.

I've got no real problem with something lower ilevel being better than something higher, but there needs to be a limit somewhere. A 320 being better than a 325? Cool. A 325 being better than a 335? Eh but ok. Something with a 30 ilevel difference is reaching the point of something is broken, especially when you consider that for certain content ilevel is what are going to get you invites.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have much positive to really say about it. Adding more random passive effects like Dagger in the Back is just boring, and also I hate how I need different pieces for different specs if I use specific traits, as well as some of the generic ones being complete crap. I'm like Festermight, a stacking strength buff for UH DK when you pop a wound, but other that I don't really note much.

I'm quite happy to scrap the system and just put the traits on the Heart of Azeroth and then possibly make it into mini talent trees with 10 options (5 Spec specific, 5 Generic) where you pick three. Each Raid adds a new specific trait (Tier) to the pool and they could lock the more interesting/complex ones behind Heart of Azeroth Levels to keep HoA progression a thing. Similar to PVP talents in a way. Unlock one every three levels of HoA.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    HAHAHAHA! Ooohhhhkaaaay.
    Yeah you dont know anything about azerite traits.

I also dont know much, BUT i do know some classes have insane azerite traits.

The best Outlaw rogue right now has 340 pieces for the azerite traits.
    One of the best Assass rogues has a BLUE ITEM for the azerite traits.

The system is fun...for some classes.
    If you consider fun having low level items for the traits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I've got no real problem with something lower ilevel being better than something higher, but there needs to be a limit somewhere.
    Yeah, i also have no problem with that
    It reminds me of Vanilla itemization...and i consider that "fun".

Are the mods really this fucking incompetent to NOT KNOW that every thread from OP its a bait thread????

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait until the expansion where Shadowpunkz is making threads about how bad the game is. Maybe the rest of us can actually go back to having fun on our classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I agree the Azerite System needs a lot of work for some classes.
    For example Shadow Priest azerite traits are complete garbage.
    If you open Bloodmalet you can see for yourself, the best azerite traits for Spriest are "general" ones. Thats how bad it is.
    So the system needs work.

But for some classes i find extremely funny that 340 ilvl pieces are better than some 370 ilvl armor pieces.

Dont you think this gives "depths" to the game?

In the most recent video of Bellular Gaming he said this shouldnt be the case.
    Item level 370 pieces should ALWAYS be better than 340 pieces (in his opinion)

But whats your opinion?
    Dont you think the fact that some low item level pieces being better than higher item level ones makes for great fun itemization?
    It even reminds me of Vanilla itemization.

Im even having fun farming Mythic 0 dungeons to farm specific azerite traits
    I already collected on my Demon Hunter 3 Revolving Blades (best for single target), 3 Eyes of Rage (meme build) and 2 Unbound Chaos (best for AoE Cleave)-

Problem is that outside of dungeons there aren't enough pieces at a given item level to give you any choice. I have one helmet option in Uldir. Perhaps 1 PvP option if I happen to get it, and the rest are getting lucky on the M+ chest once a week, with little to no control of your fate. It's only deep if there's a real choice. The way things currently stand, there's just not an upgrade path in specific situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're basically trinkets and give no depth whatsoever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Are the mods really this fucking incompetent to NOT KNOW that every thread from OP its a bait thread????
    Jusus Christ, how is this a bait thread?

Is it really that hard for you to believe i am having fun with azerite traits?

Do you want me to screenshot the game so you can see for yourself?