Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Compared to the three other places I discuss Nintendo shit at(Reddit, NintendoLife, and Niche Gamer), this thread is a fucking cesspool of Nintendo negativity comparable to Gamefaqs and that is a fucking fact.
    I know several times posters like Tech have said that reddit is just a circlejerk for Nintendo.

And honestly? At this point I think I'd rather that.

It might sound whiny, but at the end of the day playing video games is just a hobby. It's suppose to be something that cheers me up and I can have fun with.

Get excited about new games coming out, hell even remakes of games. I'm pumped to replay TWEWY personally, but every time it's mentioned in here its just bashed back and forth.

I just want to be excited about stuff I have fun with, and I want to hear what others are excited about. I'm too tired of negativity from real life, it sucks to come to a place I enjoyed to hear more negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm pumped to replay TWEWY personally, but every time it's mentioned in here its just bashed back and forth.
    I'm sorry you think it's legit to sell a port of a mobile game with 1 week of extra content added to it for $50?

The devs couldn't even be assed to make it work with the Pro Controller.

So yes, 1) it's not a remake and 2) it's a shit product at it's price point in spite of the original release being a hidden gem.

I'm sorry this isn't some utopian fantasy where Nintendo is the magical good guys and everything they do is rainbows and unicorns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

So you mean this thread is more negative towards nintendo then literal Nintendo circle jerks like r/NS, and NintendoLife?

Color me surprised.

I have owned every single hardware piece Nintendo ever release short of the VB and probably own over 50% of their back catalog. Not allowed to state when they're being shitty though I guess. LOL.
    Its funny when you put it like that tbh, because I hate the circlejerking at Nintendo Life and do the same things there that I'm complaining about here. :P

Also, I've owned four VBs and the entire VB collection two times over. Get on my level!

- - - Updated - - -

I know several times posters like Tech have said that reddit is just a circlejerk for Nintendo.

And honestly? At this point I think I'd rather that.

It might sound whiny, but at the end of the day playing video games is just a hobby. It's suppose to be something that cheers me up and I can have fun with.

Get excited about new games coming out, hell even remakes of games. I'm pumped to replay TWEWY personally, but every time it's mentioned in here its just bashed back and forth.

I just want to be excited about stuff I have fun with, and I want to hear what others are excited about. I'm too tired of negativity from real life, it sucks to come to a place I enjoyed to hear more negativity.
    TBF, that game is looking like a half-assed port and buying the mobile or NDS version is the better deal overall.

Oh and back to Joe's point about wanting to read excitement. I saw plenty of that here during Smash reveals, XC2 release, Octopath release, BoTW release, SMO release etc etc...

When Nintendo does good things they are praised in this thread. This is what a neutral discussion on them looks like, the good- and the bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and back to Joe's point about wanting to read excitement. I saw plenty of that here during Smash reveals, XC2 release, Octopath release, BoTW release, SMO release etc etc...

When Nintendo does good things they are praised in this thread. This is what a neutral discussion on them looks like, the good- and the bad.
    Eh, I'm over it now. I've just been irritated as I had to wake up 5 hours early to a tripped alarm at the store and our AC unit broke on this shitty humid day.

I don't understand what this is meant to mean. I didn't say it was better than the Wii U, just that it's still not something worth getting so worked up about.
    I know you said

"it sucks compared to the Wii U" =/= "it sucks".

I don't understand ever why people are so bent out of shape about this. It's a whole $20 a year.
    Could it be better? Sure. But why are you expecting equal value compared to a $60 a year service?
    You seem to want the thread to be all lolipop's and rainbows, It isn't going to be that. When Nintendo does something good it will be spoke about when they don't that will be talked about.

Want less negativity then maybe Nintendo (and 3rd party's) need to stop doing stupid shit with The Switch.

I'm pumped to replay TWEWY personally, but every time it's mentioned in here its just bashed back and forth.
    And its rightfully being bashed because the fucken game is costing $60 and its a HD update with a small bit of content added. I love that The Switch is getting 3rd party support, I don't love that they are charging full price for ports that barely have any changes to them.

Honestly that's what killed the Switch for me for now. I'm not dropping $60 to play 2+ year old games on the system.

Want to read excited posts how about being in the thread when they happen? Like with smash or octopath news?

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, I'm over it now. I've just been irritated as I had to wake up 5 hours early to a tripped alarm at the store and our AC unit broke on this shitty humid day.
    That sucks hope you get ur AC fixed soon.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

That sucks hope you get ur AC fixed soon.
    Not until Monday and its my turn to open tomorrow. Womp womp! In two weeks I have to do two back to back open to closes because my cousin wants the weekend off.

Ah well, that's what the Switch, tablet, and lots of energy drinks are for!

I'm sorry you think it's legit to sell a port of a mobile game with 1 week of extra content added to it for $50?

The devs couldn't even be assed to make it work with the Pro Controller.

So yes, 1) it's not a remake and 2) it's a shit product at it's price point in spite of the original release being a hidden gem.

I'm sorry this isn't some utopian fantasy where Nintendo is the magical good guys and everything they do is rainbows and unicorns.
    I'll wait until the game actually launches before finding out how much content is it in. And even then, I don't really care about the price.

TBF, that game is looking like a half-assed port and buying the mobile or NDS version is the better deal overall.
    I own the NDS version, but I would still love to replay it and the Switch is something I play far more often than my 3DS now.

I think Octopath and SMO are the only ones I literally saw nothing negative about.

BotW was just filled with complaints upon complaints about the weapon system. Disregard everything else about the game, to focus on the few narrow negatives.

I know you said

You seem to want the thread to be all lolipop's and rainbows, It isn't going to be that. When Nintendo does something good it will be spoke about when they don't that will be talked about.
    I'd rather that than pages upon pages of complaints about the online service that we knew was going to be like this for at least half a year now.

Want less negativity then maybe Nintendo (and 3rd party's) need to stop doing stupid shit with The Switch
    If other sites are able to stay so positive, there must be something good to talk about.

And its rightfully being bashed because the fucken game is costing $60 and its a HD update with a small bit of content added. I love that The Switch is getting 3rd party support, I don't love that they are charging full price for ports that barely have any changes to them.

Honestly that's what killed the Switch for me for now. I'm not dropping $60 to play 2+ year old games on the system.
    It's $50.

And I find it a bit odd that people downplaying the content.
    Are we forgetting the original game is only 3 weeks long? And they're adding an additional week now.

If it follows suit, that's 25% extra, nothing to sneeze at.

It's $50.

And I find it a bit odd that people downplaying the content.
    Are we forgetting the original game is only 3 weeks long? And they're adding an additional week now.

If it follows suit, that's 25% extra, nothing to sneeze at.
    1) We knew they was going to do NO a year ago, We didn't know how shitty it was going to be until recently there is a difference.

2) If you want a circle jerk about Nintendo you won't find that here sorry. Those sites (even more so the Nintendo reddit thread) is nothing but a circle jerk

3) Ok its $50 and its still a lazy fucken port. They couldn't be asked to do simple controller controls with it. Your right we can't really judge that "extra" content until its out. But all signs point to it being a overpriced port.

But hey since we are doing percents I got one for you. They added 25% more content at a 250% markup from the cost of the DS version and couldn't be asked to do decent controls for it.

Honestly if you don't like people talking negatively about Nintendo maybe you should just leave the thread.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-09-16 at 05:51 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

1) We knew they was going to do NO a year ago, We didn't know how shitty it was going to be until recently there is a difference.
    I still stand by that it's a trifling $20 a year. If you plan on playing anything online often enough, that's worth it. And nothing has changed as far as I know in the last few months except the details on cloud storage and needing to connect once a week to Nintendo Online for NES games.

Which I'm rolling my eyes at a bit when people are complaining so much about it. If you're on vacation, why are you so dead set on playing ancient relics anyway? If it's that big of a deal to you, use your phone as a hotspot to connect to the Nintendo Network shortly.

2) If you want a circle jerk about Nintendo you won't find that here sorry. Those sites (even more so the Nintendo reddit thread) is nothing but a circle jerk
    I never said that, I just said I'd prefer it, because it's just frustrating at this point to see the same things complained about over and over.

3) Ok its $50 and its still a lazy fucken port. They couldn't be asked to do simple controller controls with it. Your right we can't really judge that "extra" content until its out. But all signs point to it being a overpriced port.

But hey since we are doing percents I got one for you. They added 25% more content at a 250% markup from the cost of the DS version and couldn't be asked to do decent controls for it.
    The original was $40 at launch though.

A bit odd of a complaint, considering it's true for almost any remake though. It's not like The Last of Us matched the price of the PS3 version when it was launched as far as I know, and right now I can pick it up for $5 used compared to the $18 used for the PS4 version, or $20 new.

And my point still stands, a whole extra week is actually a decent amount considering how long a week is in the game.

Honestly if you don't like people talking negatively about Nintendo maybe you should just leave the thread.
    That would be why I said that I don't come in here as often anymore. Although it's rather pointless of something to say, because a thread shouldn't make people not want to take part of it.

I still stand by that it's a trifling $20 a year. If you plan on playing anything online often enough, that's worth it. And nothing has changed as far as I know in the last few months except the details on cloud storage and needing to connect once a week to Nintendo Online for NES games.

Which I'm rolling my eyes at a bit when people are complaining so much about it. If you're on vacation, why are you so dead set on playing ancient relics anyway? If it's that big of a deal to you, use your phone as a hotspot to connect to the Nintendo Network shortly.

I never said that, I just said I'd prefer it, because it's just frustrating at this point to see the same things complained about over and over.

A bit odd of a complaint, considering it's true for almost any remake though. It's not like The Last of Us matched the price of the PS3 version when it was launched as far as I know, and right now I can pick it up for $5 used compared to the $18 used for the PS4 version, or $20 new.

And my point still stands, a whole extra week is actually a decent amount considering how long a week is in the game.

That would be why I said that I don't come in here as often anymore. Although it's rather pointless of something to say, because a thread shouldn't make people not want to take part of it.
    1) Ya and that service that costs $20 a year is worse then what there last system gave for free. You can keep screaming 'its just $20" all you want. Just know you are the problem with gaming and why it is the way it is. "Its just $20, Its just cosmetic's ect..."

2) Ok when this thread gets too negative for you maybe you should leave it then.

3) I don't care what it was at launch 11 years ago. I care about how much the "Remaster" is going to cost compared to a new DS copy. When the Last of Us remastered dropped it was $50. It provided 1080p/60fps (or 30FPS your choice) and Native 4K/30FPS and a graphical boost over the PS3 version (while not huge). It also brought Photo Mode and was bundled with all the DLC that release for the PS3 version. So ya it justified its price more.

Also I got no clue why you are comparing used version's of games but hey lets do that.
    I can get a used copy of TWEWY for $15 that makes the $50 Switch version even more pointless. https://www.amazon.com/World-Ends-Yo...+ends+with+you

4) And hey those times you are not here we are very likely saying positive stuff. Lets call a spade a spade already, you don't want to see anything Negative said about Nintendo. Go back a few pages and you will even see people talking positive about Nintendo. Not everything is lollipop's and rainbows.

The thread is in "Negative Mode" maybe you should leave it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-09-16 at 06:23 AM.

3 of those aren't online subscription services.
    And that is exactly the fucking point. They're free to use services that provide miles better value than Switch Online ever will.

How is Switch offering anywehere near accepable next to those?

https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/...90041773518848

CoroCoro magazine says there are 108 stages in Smash Ultimate, 5 more than what Sakurai said during the Smash Direct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its the god damn furries fault isabella is in smash. shouldve been literally anyone else
    Even though this is a few days old, I want to go back to this.

If you think it's just the furries pushing for Isabelle in Smash, you are looking at a very Smash portion of the Animal Crossing fanbase.

People love Isabelle because she's expressive, hard-working, and moe. Her Smash reveal trailer shows off all of the points that make her popular.

You also see her a lot, not as much in-game (you only really need to see her during holidays or mayor/town related duties), but when you boot up your town she is the second animal you see outside of the random one at the title screen.

No it wasn't.

It was $29.99.

The mobile version was $20 at launch as well.

You keep calling it a remake as well when it's not. It's not even a remaster. It's a straight port of the mobile version with a week(5 days actually, and if you played the base game you know not every day is equal.) of content added.

Your comparison to TLOU is asinine as hell. It came out 1 year later. It was a boost from 720/30 to 1080/60. It came with the DLC. It's launch price was $49.99, which was $10 cheaper then the original launch price which did not have the dlc included.

If you're lining up and ready to pay $50 for a cheaply done mobile port, where they didn't even redo the control scheme and just have a terrible solution in using the IR pointer on the right joy con more power to you. You're not going to win any debates about it's "value".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-09-16 at 11:41 AM.

I just find it amusing that someone is comparing a poorly done port with a tiny bit of extra content to a full on remaster if I'm honest. A remaster I might add that did improve it quite a bit.

The World Ends With You should be $25 at most for Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

What free legal service provides better overall value?
    Are you for real?

You ask what FREE services provide better value then proceed to try and backpeddle when presented with some that are miles better than paid ones.

3 of those aren't online subscription services.
    Just stop. You were presented with a multiple of free services similar to the online ones that provide an objectively better experience. They are online services regardless. And yes they provide a superior experience to Nintendo Switch Online right now.

You don't get to ask someone to list free services then say "oh but they aren't paid". Either stick to your original point or don't make the point in the first place if you can't handle being proven wrong.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-16 at 03:09 PM.

1) Ya and that service that costs $20 a year is worse then what there last system gave for free. You can keep screaming 'its just $20" all you want. Just know you are the problem with gaming and why it is the way it is. "Its just $20, Its just cosmetic's ect..."
    The Wii U didn't give free games, or a cloud storage.
    If you don't like the NES games, that's fine, but it's flat out faulty to claim that it's "worse" when the only real area they reverted on was the social aspect.

2) Ok when this thread gets too negative for you maybe you should leave it then.
    And yet you keep quoting me to drag me back in.

3) I don't care what it was at launch 11 years ago. I care about how much the "Remaster" is going to cost compared to a new DS copy. When the Last of Us remastered dropped it was $50. It provided 1080p/60fps (or 30FPS your choice) and Native 4K/30FPS and a graphical boost over the PS3 version (while not huge). It also brought Photo Mode and was bundled with all the DLC that release for the PS3 version. So ya it justified its price more.

Also I got no clue why you are comparing used version's of games but hey lets do that.
    I can get a used copy of TWEWY for $15 that makes the $50 Switch version even more pointless. https://www.amazon.com/World-Ends-Yo...+ends+with+you
    It's almost like I read nearly every page of the thread and saw several people say "Should just pick up the used copy for the NDS".
    You're the one that said it's a 250% price hike from the cost of the DS version, when it's not.
    The original was $30, making it a ~50% hike.

4) And hey those times you are not here we are very likely saying positive stuff. Lets call a spade a spade already, you don't want to see anything Negative said about Nintendo. Go back a few pages and you will even see people talking positive about Nintendo. Not everything is lollipop's and rainbows.

The thread is in "Negative Mode" maybe you should leave it.
    Or you could just accept being called out on that the thread is overall pretty negative at times.
    You all need to make up your mind if you're proud that it's not a circle jerk, or offended at being told that it's pretty negative in here.

I mean, all you're doing is proving my point, I state that I dislike the constant negativity, and instead you're going 'WELL, YOU DON'T WANNA SEE ANYTHING NEGATIVE', somehow forgetting the times I've come in here to gripe and roll my eyes before at Nintendo's decisions.

No it wasn't.

It was $29.99.

The mobile version was $20 at launch as well.

You keep calling it a remake as well when it's not. It's not even a remaster. It's a straight port of the mobile version with a week(5 days actually, and if you played the base game you know not every day is equal.) of content added.

Your comparison to TLOU is asinine as hell. It came out 1 year later. It was a boost from 720/30 to 1080/60. It came with the DLC. It's launch price was $49.99, which was $10 cheaper then the original launch price which did not have the dlc included.

If you're lining up and ready to pay $50 for a cheaply done mobile port, where they didn't even redo the control scheme and just have a terrible solution in using the IR pointer on the right joy con more power to you. You're not going to win any debates about it's "value".
    I'm not arguing its value. I'm saying I'm excited for it still, because I love the game.

To me, it's worth it personally because its one of my top games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I just find it amusing that someone is comparing a poorly done port with a tiny bit of extra content to a full on remaster if I'm honest. A remaster I might add that did improve it quite a bit.

The World Ends With You should be $25 at most for Switch.
    The game isn't even out yet and you're still acting as if you played it fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Are you for real?

You ask what FREE services provide better value then proceed to try and backpeddle when presented with some that are miles better than paid ones.

Just stop. You were presented with a multiple of free services similar to the online ones that provide an objectively better experience. They are online services regardless. And yes they provide a superior experience to Nintendo Switch Online right now.

You don't get to ask someone to list free services then say "oh but they aren't paid". Either stick to your original point or don't make the point in the first place if you can't handle being proven wrong.
    I asked for free services, yes.
    And then I disagreed with 3 of them listed.

That isn't me backpedaling, man. It was never "my point" to stick to, it was an inquiry. Not a point of debate even.

And last I checked, you can't use Steam in any real way until you purchase a game, it's heavily restricted before that.

I still disagree that it's comparable. Those aren't similar online services. All those services do is handle the game sales and social aspect. Nothing about the servers for the games, the online features, etc.

Maybe calm down before trying to jump on something and dictate what can and can't be said.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2018-09-16 at 04:55 PM.

Deleted
    The new direct was good, Luigi and Animal Crossing is pretty big but the new cartoon RPG looking game seemed interesting. Atleast I liked the art style so we will see if the story & gameplay is good.
    Will probably get Mario U Delux as I never got that on my Wii U.

Btw, anyone have tried City skilines? Seemed to have 10fps, is the FPS really that bad on the Switch?

I still disagree that it's comparable. Those aren't similar online services. All those services do is handle the game sales and social aspect. Nothing about the servers for the games, the online features, etc.
    On the contrary Steam handles the multiplayer for many games, arranges hosting, holds leaderboards and everything that comes with it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    All you people stressed out about nintendo's bullshit should play some dragonquest 11.

Hard to be mad at the world when you're listening to a story about how a mage is now a young girl because draining magic means you turn into a young child with pony tails. And even if you get that magic back, you're still a little cutie.

Not because its made in Japan and they wanted a little girl character or anything. Its for lore reasons
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    On the contrary Steam handles the multiplayer for many games, arranges hosting, holds leaderboards and everything that comes with it.
    Last I checked, even TF2 didn't have official Valve servers until a few years ago, or at least they were rather scattered and very few in numbers.

Perhaps it depends on the game itself, but all the ones I'm thinking of those still fall on the company itself (FF:ARR and Path of Exile as two examples)